The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Actually i put the e36 stw on my side to work on unofficial update fro the vauxhall cavalier btcc made by malagoli

d18j.jpg

So, from now you can found two versions of this car, from year 90 and year 93. The main goal is to have only one car with two specs.

This is the 90's version and i added 93's parts, like rear exhaust, wheels, rear lights etc... As i don't know about .ksanim effect, it will be done via CSP (think by hiding/adding parts)

Working on shaders, material, damages, added wiper....

kd0h.jpg

Let me know if you need the liveries re done :)

self advertising for y'all
i added low poly cars i made for Union Island on my track props along some other things :

bo_jap_cars_v2.JPG

next i'll try to add some trees
and maybe a road

Since I've just posted some of my findings regarding TreeFX over on GTP's AC mods discussion thread, what do you guy think of throwing all available 3d tree models together to help kickstart the adoption of TreeFX? Maybe we should also have a dedicated thread somewhere.

Sounds good although that first model I've done is not great quality tbh.

Also - did you actually manage to compile all the trees into a single compiled .bin?
I can't get it to work no matter what I do.

Sounds good although that first model I've done is not great quality tbh.

Also - did you actually manage to compile all the trees into a single compiled .bin?
I can't get it to work no matter what I do.
You mean, all different tree types into one single bin file? What you want is a bin file for every tree type including the lods, so that you have multiple bins to choose from.
1673554559865.png

1673554454376.png
acc-bakeryoptix will combine all txt files into one compiled_trees.bin file that can be used instead of the txt files later, but you'll still need to include the trees' bin files in the trees folder with the track.

You mean, all different tree types into one single bin file? What you want is a bin file for every tree type including the lods, so that you have multiple bins to choose from.

acc-bakeryoptix will combine all txt files into one compiled_trees.bin file that can be used instead of the txt files later, but you'll still need to include the trees' bin files in the trees folder with the track.

Yep every time I do it I get the following error message:

treeextractfail.jpg

Just to be clear - you have personally managed to compile them for your track?
Nobody on the CSP discord has done it, some getting this same error.

(Bakery itself works fine when it is set to ignore the procedural trees)

Last edited:
Yep every time I do it I get the following error message:

View attachment 630789

Just to be clear - you have personally managed to compile them for your track?
Nobody on the CSP discord has done it, some getting this same error.

(Bakery itself works fine when it is set to ignore the procedural trees)
Compiling the trees works fine for me using the default settings...
1673558617763.png

but I guess we're getting slightly off topic here... sorry for that.

Last edited:
Compiling the trees works fine for me using the default settings..

but I guess we're getting slightly off topic here... sorry for that.

Nah that is very good to know, thanks. I need to work out what I'm doing wrong then.

edit: I can't seem to message you. Are you able to message me?

Last edited:
This is what I'm currently working on:

New York Safety Track
A 2.1-mile, 18-turn, omni-directional racetrack ... on the site of the still-functional Mountain Top Airport between the cities of Harpersfield and Davenport in New York, approximately 50 miles west of Albany.

Having started the project in August of last year, the current version of the track is based on aerial LIDAR data from 2014, but I'm planning to re-do the relevant parts using the newer 2018 dataset that's been released just before Christmas.

My initial plan was to utilize TreeFX for the trees, but that didn't perform well on my system (5800x/RTX3080/Rift S) in VR which is why I'm using the good old 2d trees for now - which I would have implemented anyway because, apparently, there are still a lot of people out there that don't use CSP, for whatever reason.
1673799499062.jpeg
Another benefit of using 2d trees is that seasonal adjustments can be done easily - at least I haven't seen any documentation on how that can be achieved with TreeFX, yet - which is definitely a must for this track:
1673799491767.jpeg

1673799270997.jpeg1673799286125.jpeg1673799321517.jpeg1673799350498.jpeg1673804503723.jpeg1673804516759.jpeg
1673804586768.jpeg

Another side project that I've just started this weekend, is Wilzig Racing Manor, which is a 1.15 mile long private racetrack located 50(ish) miles south of Albany, NY. I'm also using aerial LIDAR data (from 2018) for this track and I consider giving TreeFX another chance on this one, at least for the trees close to the track.
1673802379478.jpeg

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies