The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I think I finally got the hang of PBR workflow.

Screenshot_trw_mazda_fd3s_doristyle_am_fuji_short_27-3-122-18-6-17.jpg

I think last time someone asked we figured out that car LODs don't make good trackside objects, it's necessary to build a new model and bake all the material properties into it. Since for example my 1000 poly LOD has 3 materials, paint A, paint B, and black. So all the chrome is black, wheels/tires are black, etc. I'm fine with passing along source files to do that although I don't actually set up any of the materials in Blender for anything other than AO bakes so you might get a more prepared model by importing it.

Shortly after I posted the question I realized that was definitely the case :) That being said, if you're ok with someone doing it, I might look into setting it up and getting them ready to be TSOs in the future once you're done adding cars to the pack :)

once you're done adding cars to the pack :)
I think the plan is release sets of 3; so this one is the '56 Bel Air, '59 Coronet, and '57 Mercury Commuter. Then if I'm still in the mood, 51 Hudson, 54 Kaiser, 58 Studebaker, representing the 'other 3' merged companies of the 50s: AMC = Nash/Rambler/Hudson, Studebaker = Studebaker/Packard, and Kaiser = Henry J/Kaiser/Willys/Frazer.

I've been working from a table of car sales which summarizes like this:
GM 44%
Ford 26%
Chrysler 17%
AMC 7%
Studebaker/Packard 5%
Kaiser etc. 1.5%
So really if I made 9 cars, the last 3 should be a couple more GMs and a ford. Probably not gonna aim for 9 different years, maybe a '59 Impala?

Last edited:
Maybe is a little bit boring, but i'm here with a brand new MINI.
Mini Miglia is comin'! Still have to find someone kind enough to make some good skins!

View attachment 562823
View attachment 562824
Ooh, nice! The Group 2 Minis were already great fun but this more hardcore racer's gonna be even crazier! Can't wait to yeet this through the various British tracks in AC!

Been away for a while...had a friend take some fresh photos while he was working for an event yesterday to help fill a few reference gaps I still had, and for a few 2022 related things to go in aswell...still a bit of a task list, but its getting there

Excuse the Caco on the LEDs, he's just there for testing purposes...

Edit: Sorry, Imgur is a bit odd now, you can right click on the pics to view the full res ones

Last edited:
Well, here it is; the track-skin that I posted the preview of yesterday.
As I have stated in my previous post, this doesn't have baked-in details for AO, material, or grass; it's just a set of billboard changes replacing the existing logos with Formula E and its related partner sponsors.
I chose this track for a Formula E makeover because FE is known for street races and AVUS has one of the most storied histories as a street track, so it sort of made sense as a venue; even if it lacks the quantity of braking zones typically found in an FE circuit.

Looks amazing! I'd definitely be willing to do a couple of the Mini 7 Racing Club skins for this car
Oooh yes. That looks sweet and not at all boring.
Even if you only released it with the Gulf livery shown here I would still be worth getting.
I'm with ya. Did a bunch of these some years back for a Miglia mod for GTL(?) based on series drivers at the time...hoping I've still got the PSD and raw logo files floating around somewhere on the hard drive. Might be dated but a good starting point.
Looks amazing! I'd definitely be willing to do a couple of the Mini 7 Racing Club skins for this car
isss online!

Cappelle Sul Tavo finished at Pescara 1957, now on to building Spoltore.
Managed to get the convent and first few buildings either side done on the entry into the village.
There are a lot more buildings now than there would have been back in the fifties, checking on some property sales websites indicate that most of the concrete ones sprung up in the 1970s-1990s, making the village grow considerably. I'll be making the older looking ones. Of course, when new houses spring up, new roads leading to them and walls and fences are built as well, so I'll be filtering those out too.

grab2.jpg

grab1.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes