The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

working on new skin for tcr golf but I would like to know how to change tyre decals/texture

RhZa1lW.jpg

Looking forward to this.

BUT - Anyone else confused about the new GT2 category though?
GT2 sits between GT3 & GT4... Should be called GT4+ or GT3 S or something...
R8 GT2 has way more power [140bhp more] than the R8 GT3, yet is slower over a lap due to aero / weight?!
Going to make BoP fun I guess!

, indeed , GT2 has much more power , more top speed , but much less aero than GT3 , so at the end of the lap GT3 are faster ,

I think it comes from having something in between because the gap between gt4 and gt3 is massive , + Gt3 categorie , became so expensive that it is starting to be problem , so those gt2 would be much less sophisticated for the private customers , more affordable !)

This car really appreciates these CSP metallics...

7sS9oxs.jpg

What a shot! Are the rivets modeled? Punching through the sheet metal or actually integrated? Or is this a super bump map?

What a throwback to aircraft skinning! Great model, great attention to detail and great use of the CSP features.

Are you looking forward to the new rain effects with drops flying off the edge of the windows/windowframe? Should be epic :D.

What a shot! Are the rivets modeled? Punching through the sheet metal or actually integrated? Or is this a super bump map?

What a throwback to aircraft skinning! Great model, great attention to detail and great use of the CSP features.

Are you looking forward to the new rain effects with drops flying off the edge of the windows/windowframe? Should be epic :D.
this is @mantasisg 's model I think, if it's not here on RD (again) it should be available over on the ACM forums

and yes that looks like some render priority issue, always quite a headache with alpha_blend and non flat meshes.

On the other side the opposite happens regarding front/rear. It seems like the 4 KnockoffBLUR_* objects are active when the blur starts, but the texture isn't visible on two of them.

this is @mantasisg 's model I think, if it's not here on RD (again) it should be available over on the ACM forums

and yes that looks like some render priority issue, always quite a headache with alpha_blend and non flat meshes.
The outer rim needs to have a different material with the BlendMode set as Opaque, so only the center has transparency, to avoid this issue.
This happens when you use the same material for the entire blur rim, so the entire geometry is set to AlphaBlend.

The outer rim needs to have a different material with the BlendMode set as Opaque, so only the center has transparency, to avoid this issue.
This happens when you use the same material for the entire blur rim, so the entire geometry is set to AlphaBlend.
With csp it's possible to change blend mode (or other mat params) for a particular mesh without affecting the others using the same material. I'd like to share a solution for Jason via config, but the problem I'm getting is that for the outer center cap blur to show properly, the rimblur musn't have is_transparent=1. But that way, if it's kept with alpha_blend, the brake disk will disappear behind (due to the is_transparent=0 for the rim blur over it). OTH, if it's set as opaque, well, it'll be solid and no brake disk will show behind, which looks bad. I'm yet to figure why it works for only a pair of wheels.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea