The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I thought it was the fact that he did decent model like in a few weeks. :D

Ok Mini Cooper is small and shape is very simple, but there still is lots of detail work, lots of texture work, shaders and more stuff...skins....

Thats probably faster than A3DR. This moder is insane, incredible.

Well, some parts were modeled by me even in the "banned" one, only had to refit ( or simplify, too many tris sometimes ) And i have another model as reference, to see things in 3d, to correct dimensions and so on, was i think easier than have no reference at all. And i even drive a similar mini every day.

One day i will try to do another car, without any reference at all, to see what happens!

Well, some parts were modeled by me even in the "banned" one, only had to refit ( or simplify, too many tris sometimes ) And i have another model as reference, to see things in 3d, to correct dimensions and so on, was i think easier than have no reference at all. And i even drive a similar mini every day.

One day i will try to do another car, without any reference at all, to see what happens!
Really impressed by how you turned things around, and that Mini is a lovely piece of work. Cheers on becoming one of the good guys - looking forward to your next works ;)

Now driver is safe, finally. ( not really, i did only the OFF version )

Untitled-1.jpg

well it's been the roller-coaster-tv-show of the summer
everyone's been talking about it, watching it and holding its breath for season finale
i'd say the start was a bit difficult, but it turned out great!
Good content and solid plot
Almost Stranger Things material

and thanks to the admins to give you a second chance!

Btw, other thing to take in account if you want to follow kunos performance guidelines is about max 45MB for LODA. You'll find that many of the most impressively detailed mods for this game are still in the 45-50MB range, your mini was about 50% bigger in the last iteration. Probably due to very high resolution textures on details that don't require so much, or less use of grouping to make better use of texture space. But hey, resource allocation/optimization is the kind of stuff that comes with experience.

Given that you have a single branding (Austin) for this model, you might just use that single brand on the UI to keep it cleaner and more legible instead of two small logos. Even if you plan to add other racing specs, then duplicating everything with 3D Morris trim (as in your previously removed version) would be nearly a waste of work, since most differences other than grille and badges up close aren't easily spotted.

cheers

PS: The first thing I went looking for was the ignition button on the floor, as on my father's 60' Austin Seven Mini 850cc (similar body, but smaller rear window, waving front grille), but I guess these later transitional models already have key ignition.

Last edited:
not too serious, but some files flied away. I have all my work files, and also blender of mini in dropbox. I've lost new lods.kn5 data, and whole assetto corsa files

anyone able to help me getting tx_maps etc to a car? right now everything is just matte, and tx_diffuse is a png

Best to consult the 'Dumb Questions' thread. That said, if you have all matte your shader is missing the metallic/reflective layer. If you go for ksperpixelreflection and so on you simply put the metal material (png/dds) into that slot and for maximum reflection (high gloss) the white layer into the other slot. For metallic flakes you have the 4th slot. From your description it sounds like you only set base color and the diffuse.

If you have CM check one of the Kunos cars' paint shaders for details, if you don't have that >

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...odelling-stuff-add-your-knowledge-here.19704/

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%