The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

you can make that happen though .... like you tell the tyre noise (*if thats the track the sound is at) to play that high at a certain distance (like from 75meters to up) so you can hear the car near and the wind far
Distance > play with the automation

Done exactly that. Thing is, for that "whooosh" effect it requires greater volumes at close distance, but that will also effect F5 camera etc.

Done exactly that. Thing is, for that "whooosh" effect it requires greater volumes at close distance, but that will also effect F5 camera etc.

Apply Compression then mate ... being at the 0 distance a great ammount of attack then gradualy less attck with positive or negative distance

Or maybe apply it in the mixer tab if you want
Compressor on the group that has the "wind noise or tyre noise" and a sidechain on the engine_ext group

I might do the same for the nsx

Last edited:
Or maybe apply it in the mixer tab if you want
Compressor on the group that has the "wind noise or tyre noise" and a sidechain on the engine_ext group

I might do the same for the nsx

I thought about exactly that some time ago, couldnt figure out how to apply a compressor from another event though. But wouldnt it be the other way around, you want to compress the engine noise dont you? Nevertheless, that might have actually solve this little compromise, will have a deeper look into it.

I thought about exactly that some time ago, couldnt figure out how to apply a compressor from another event though. But wouldnt it be the other way around, you want to compress the engine noise dont you? Nevertheless, that might have actually solve this little compromise, will have a deeper look into it.
Well its the oposite ... you want to compress the wind so when the car is near 0 position (camera) you can hear the engine and soon it goes away you hear the wind (drag) it carries

If you do it on the mixer it results in a general way (simplier) but if you want to go complex you need to do it directly in the event itself . Your call

Just some minor fixes and touches and she'll be up tomorrow.

20171004042658_1.jpg
20171004042758_1.jpg
20171004042855_1.jpg
20171004042756_1.jpg
20171004042804_1.jpg

Episode 5: The 3D Strikes Back
aN5H75F.jpg

Rear suspension, all linkages moving via DIR_ conventions. Next stop is the front...

..is there a limit on how many DIR_'s I can use? I have vague memory that there was..

Found something interesting: It seems like the DIR_ convention has a length limit for the names of the objects. Couldn't get the leaf springs to react with the name "DIR_BLATTFEDER_RR" (and BLATTFEDER_RR obv), but both shortened to just "DIR_BLATT_RR" and "BLATT_RR" it suddenly does as told.

(Blattfeder = Leaf spring)

Found something interesting: It seems like the DIR_ convention has a length limit for the names of the objects. Couldn't get the leaf springs to react with the name "DIR_BLATTFEDER_RR" (and BLATTFEDER_RR obv), but both shortened to just "DIR_BLATT_RR" and "BLATT_RR" it suddenly does as told.

(Blattfeder = Leaf spring)
that's why there devs write in english :p in german everything is longer

Wait, that might explain why I couldn't get the driveshaft on the F350 to animate. It was named TRANSMISSION_R_1 and then it had DIR_TRANSMISSION_R_1 and it was pointing but not rotating. Maybe the dir object needs to be a separate empty above the TRANSMISSION_R_1 with a short name. That or documentation's wrong and there's not actually such a thing as spinning TRANSMISSION objects.

Last edited:
Wait, that might explain why I couldn't get the driveshaft on the F350 to animate. It was named TRANSMISSION_R_1 and then it had DIR_TRANSMISSION_R_1 and it was pointing but not rotating. Maybe the dir object needs to be a separate empty above the TRANSMISSION_R_1 with a short name. That or documentation's wrong and there's not actually such a thing as spinning TRANSMISSION objects.
Transmission stuff absolutely works, the KRB has it everywhere, even coupled with glowing brake disc. But it probably needs another Empty for the DIR_ stuff

About the name length, I noticed that it worked flawless on the arms (named just J0 to J4) but not on the leaf springs and the driveshaft - name length difference was obvious in the Outliner where everything was right above each other.

So my dear friend @Tiago Lima bought me the porsche pack 3 so i could make the sound

So far ive put the exhaust layer in game (with the nsx intake) further i will make the porsche intake sound . The interior samples are already done asweel but havent put them in game (fmod) yet

The great thing about this kind of sampling method is that we can swap bettwen exhaust and intakes and interior sounds (ex; NSX exhaust + porsche intake ; Bmw M3 intake + porsche exhaust etc) that all the sounds align themselves since they all carry precise RPM values and not fictional ones ...so there's no phasing happen

Heres a litle clip of the exhaust (porsche) + nsx intake sound :D
(all the driving made using a keyboard and very low fps ... its just a show of too so no big deal)

Still alot to do .... (exhaust crackles gear shift ... few more details)

where the heck do you guys get these samples which allow you to make full sounds? Are you recording sounds directly from the real car? This has always baffled me.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 51 53.7%