Cars The Need For Speed

LOL yeah next level :roflmao:, that would've been to make the warning lights turn on with the car itself, but even if I managed to do it somehow, they light up so fast can't even see them anyway.

There's nothing really special on the gauges other than being meticulous with each setting, still some minor tweaks here and there but I'm happy with the result, at least looks a lot better than the SE30 which will get the same fix once I'm done with this.

Jason is not back, but he promised to take care of this pack of cars. Since we've got new technical data from the president of the VCA itself, it needs some adjusting on the suspension mounting points which were an estimate from the data we could gather.

So fun to race it against the 512 and VT, the Viper clearly gets it's advantage on the twisties if you can handle the massive torque of the V10 on the corners.

Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_rusty_springs_15-3-118-20-23-23.jpg

LOL yeah next level :roflmao:, that would've been to make the warning lights turn on with the car itself, but even if I managed to do it somehow, they light up so fast can't even see them anyway.

There's nothing really special on the gauges other than being meticulous with each setting, still some minor tweaks here and there but I'm happy with the result, at least looks a lot better than the SE30 which will get the same fix once I'm done with this.

Jason is not back, but he promised to take care of this pack of cars. Since we've got new technical data from the president of the VCA itself, it needs some adjusting on the suspension mounting points which were an estimate from the data we could gather.

So fun to race it against the 512 and VT, the Viper clearly gets it's advantage on the twisties if you can handle the massive torque of the V10 on the corners.

View attachment 241068

Ohhhhhh Rusty Springs, gettting all nostalgic now ! HAHA :thumbsup:

I think thats it an awesome idea with working warninglights, its so immersive imho !
I played with it a long time ago on the Kunos Audi, looking something like this when you stalled the engine.

Sorry for the jumpy gif.

giphy.gif

I think thats it an awesome idea with working warninglights, its so immersive imho !
I played with it a long time ago on the Kunos Audi, looking something like this when you stalled the engine.

Sorry for the jumpy gif.

giphy.gif

Cool stuff, isn’t there an engine start switch functionality in AC? Couldn’t we have the car in ignition on mode when entering a session and then start the engine and have the engine start, lights go off etc following that? Epic idea really! Never thought of it.

So cool to see your collection guys, @AlleyViper you have them all right there! amazing :inlove:

So i wonder,can you share the value of "SKYBOX_REFLECTION_GAIN" in graphics.ini ?

it's at 1.5, not sure if I've changed once before or not.

Sorry for the jumpy gif.

giphy.gif

That's really cool, something like that came to mind but I completely forgot the engine can stall in AC. Hmmm the only downside I see to this is that if I do it for one car, I'll have to implement it in the rest for consistency and even if it's a simple thing, setting it up takes it's time for each.

Might consider doing it when they're all complete, for now I'd rather focus on completion :D

Cool stuff, isn’t there an engine start switch functionality in AC? Couldn’t we have the car in ignition on mode when entering a session and then start the engine and have the engine start, lights go off etc following that? Epic idea really! Never thought of it.
I thought unlike other sims, there's no such functionality in AC, or is it?

Haha, sorry for the awful pic quality, but these 90s die cast models say hello too:

View attachment 241108
A and B class + Jota as bonus

The TR is obviously the original 84' and not the 512TR, and the ZR-1 is the facelifted C4. Got a correct Majorette C4 as it's being modeled in 1:24, but it'd be too much trouble to find it.

So funny seeing those, I have the same, although my 911 is red and the diablo is purple.

I also have a Maisto Diablo that's yellow but despite both the Bburago and the Maisto be 1:18 scale, the Maisto is much wider ... Seems even 20 years ago modelling wasn't an exact science even with a licence!

Hah, I wouldn't have considered the Jota in any other color! Maisto had both the regular SE30 and Jota in purple with blue interior (as in the pic above). But unfortunately, it's much closer to a Viola Ophelia metallic than a Lambo Thirty (lavender), being much darker.

Edit: Nvm, Maisto also had a proper Lambo Thirty purple tone (pic). It's just my model that is dark purple instead (like this pic). Still cool.

Last edited:
Usually Burago models were off scale on the larger side. I bought a red 993 about ten years ago and was the beginning of my little collection. Now it lays on the shelf of a friend of mine to whom I sold it a couple of years ago.

If you are willing to spend around 100 euros there is a good replica of the Jota in purple or white by GT Spirit. Their 993 Carreras are hard to find and quite expensive, while Turbo and GT2 can be bought for 100 €.

Dodge Viper oddity. If you shift from first to second at a low RPM the transmission will dump you in fourth gear or rather it locks out every gear except 4th. This is mentioned at 7:34min into the video.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea