Cars The Need For Speed

First time I've made it intact to the other side, so had to take the mandatory shot!
Awesome, glad you made it intact finally :D
Lovely to see the Viper on PCH I bet it loves it along there! It's looking Epic!!!!
Really looking forward to taking it out... also looking forward to trying it along the 40km section of Angeles Crest that is about to go into LA Canyons :)

The first shot in a gas station could be for an Accolade/DSI Test Drive or The Duel remake
That is exactly what I based them on, they've been placeholders for far longer than I intended... But other things took priority.

Thanks to @A3DR 's awesome work... most of the Test Drive cars are there... along with the awesome looking C4 that @Some1 is working on. :)
I think the only missing cars are the Lotus Esprit Turbo... and 930.

34904-test-drive-amiga-screenshot-first-stop-at-gas-station.gif

I think it was the 930... The game was released around 1987 so it makes sense..
A lovely 993 will be even sweeter though. Awesome work in this NFS project...
Excuse the Test Drive off topic stuff! lol :D

34904-test-drive-amiga-screenshot-first-stop-at-gas-station.gif

I think it was the 930... The game was released around 1987 so it makes sense..
A lovely 993 will be even sweeter though. Awesome work in this NFS project...
Excuse the Test Drive off topic stuff! lol :D

It is epic how right they got the look given the simple ingredients. Apart from the long wheel base it is a super accurate rendition:) and yes this is the 930. Looks like a 911 with WTL (Werks Turbo Look so Turbo spoilers and goodies but not the engine). Great stuff!

It is epic how right they got the look given the simple ingredients. Apart from the long wheel base it is a super accurate rendition:) and yes this is the 930. Looks like a 911 with WTL (Werks Turbo Look so Turbo spoilers and goodies but not the engine). Great stuff!

OT: Proportions are better than they look. It's just that the game (at least on PC EGA or CGA) is rendered in 320x200 instead of 320x240 (4:3 at 1:1 pixel ratio), and to play it correctly, the 320x200 screen should have been stretched vertically on a CRT to fill the screen, without "square" pixels as we are used to nowadays. Wheels look oval because of that.
Btw, the supercars pack for The Duel had the same Ruf Yellowbird we have in AC. The same proportion problem happens with the image bellow, as it's being rendered 1:1 in your screen, instead of being stretched vertically to fill a 4:3 ratio:
test_drive_ii_supercars_pc.png

@Phoenix77 trivia: the yellow bird is in fact a 964 but Ruf utilized some 930 parts as they have a huge assortment of previous model parts which they disassembled from the cars before they turned them into Rufs as they are a manufacturer and not a tuner just like Alpina...

FYI I know it’s a setup issue but the ride height is a tad too low and the frontend should not ride lower than the rear. In RL the Viper like the Corvette has a quite ‘high’ stance for clearance...

As for that EOA setup that is so electric vintage - love it!

FYI I know it’s a setup issue but the ride height is a tad too low and the frontend should not ride lower than the rear. In RL the Viper like the Corvette has a quite ‘high’ stance for clearance...

As for that EOA setup that is so electric vintage - love it!

Indeed, something to look out on the final physics update, though it might be just a visual adjustment, I'll have to wait and see.

With the photo I was going for that nostalgic look so it actually works out quite well ! :roflmao::thumbsup:
Nice one mate, nostalgia was exactly what I was going for... So well done for picking up on that :)

@Phoenix77 trivia: the yellow bird is in fact a 964 but Ruf utilized some 930 parts as they have a huge assortment of previous model parts which they disassembled from the cars before they turned them into Rufs as they are a manufacturer and not a tuner just like Alpina...
Thanks for the trivia... I think I knew a little of that... But not in as much detail :)
I know what cars I like... But some of you guys know so much more in mechanical terms :thumbsup: Have to love Porsches and RUF's

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back