Cars The Need For Speed

When seen in person, that "too wide" and low look makes it awesome in the same way as a Miura. Being in front of it in person is completely different than looking at pics.

It does look small, but depends on what you compare to. Next to other sport cars it fits right in

__custom_showroom_1520954172.jpg

But placed next to medium size sedans... it's another story

__custom_showroom_1520954239.jpg

__custom_showroom_1520954254.jpg

The Giulia truly dwarfs the Viper in this comparison !!!
Is the scale really correct in this render or are you pulling our legs ?
It truly looks like it is a tiny little car.

Of course what we perceive as mid size sedans today were a few sizes smaller back in the late 80's when the Viper was in development.

The Quattroporte GTS is 30 inches (or .76 meters) longer than the Viper.

176 inches for the Viper and 207 inches for the GTS. The Giulia is 182 inches long.

Be interesting to see a pic of the Viper with the Cobra 427. I couldnt find one online, well at least not a proper photo.

Viper is looking awesome. I really must get around to driving the 512 and the diablo, I've had them installed for months but not had chance yet. For me. there is really only 1 colour to have this in - red, as that's the colour in the Viper intro/showcase video from NFS - this got lots of plays (along with the diablo one) as far as I recall as I liked that music track way back when!

I seem to remember a yellow one for some reason too... maybe from a different game or something

The Giulia truly dwarfs the Viper in this comparison !!!
Is the scale really correct in this render or are you pulling our legs ?
It truly looks like it is a tiny little car.

Of course what we perceive as mid size sedans today were a few sizes smaller back in the late 80's when the Viper was in development.

Sure the scale is 100% correct

__custom_showroom_1520957287.jpg

__custom_showroom_1520957267.jpg

__custom_showroom_1520957254.jpg

it all depends on what you park next to it :p

__custom_showroom_1520957411.jpg

__custom_showroom_1520957677.jpg

Haha ;-)

Those are some truly beautiful comparisons!

The brain really plays tricks seeing all these cars without much of a reference most of the time.
I could have sworn the Diablo has the size of a school bus compared to the Viper and the Testarossa would have been as wide as an airplane carrier, … and god did that Fiat gain some weight since it was invented!

Viper is looking awesome. I really must get around to driving the 512 and the diablo, I've had them installed for months but not had chance yet. For me. there is really only 1 colour to have this in - red, as that's the colour in the Viper intro/showcase video from NFS - this got lots of plays (along with the diablo one) as far as I recall as I liked that music track way back when!

I seem to remember a yellow one for some reason too… maybe from a different game or something
Especially the Diablo is absolutely wonderful to drive (but I do admit I especially enjoy the Jota, Alberto made which doesn't belong into this thread but is an absolute masterpiece).

I got my Viper fix after NFS for PC when the very first Granturismo was released - if I remember correctly among others a Viper RT10 was available and I really enjoyed the setup and tuning aspect of GT back then … spent weeks just refining setups for a car, testing in practice and finding time on the track.
I can't believe we did that back then … and no, I didn't use a pad either but rather a namco negCon controller - best console controller ever made but I digress.

Thanks Alberto for the childhood memories :)

God that Cayenne is hideous even half covered by the wonderful sports cars in front of it:).

I do see an RT/10 fairly regularly in my neighborhood and can confirm it really is tiny next to today’s ‘mid sized’ sedans. That said the current 5 series is bigger than the E38 7 series and my E30 parked next to anything including the Viper is ultra tiny - hence the superior driving dynamics and experience. It’s the same story for any Corvette, especially C4 and C3 very compact, light and well packaged cars.

They’re all just a testament to the great effect curves and lines in the right arrangement have on our perception of scale and proportion.

Love that Viper and can relate to the GT analogy, the GTS was one of the most detailed models in GT 5 and 6 and I enjoyed the **** out of that car!

It's the Macan though.

Shocker is I actually like the Macan, profile and front end are very much like the Cayenne though. I want to like them but just can't. Screw SUVs...

YTOTjVO.jpg

Best Porsche Ever Period The End :D

By the way, and this is totally OT, anyone who has a passion for cars and speed will love this and if you happen to like the 964 you will drool over it:

Last edited:
Shocker is I actually like the Macan, profile and front end are very much like the Cayenne though. I want to like them but just can't. Screw SUVs...

YTOTjVO.jpg

Best Porsche Ever Period The End :D

By the way, and this is totally OT, anyone who has a passion for cars and speed will love this and if you happen to like the 964 you will drool over it:

Now I want a proper 964 to drive in AC !!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back