Cars The Need For Speed

Is that this one?

Maybe it's the paint but the one I've seen on 2nd phase Vipers looks to have a bit more headroom, the one you've seen on that pic is what I went for, can easily tell the shape with a bit of reflections
screenshot021.jpg
screenshot020.jpg

Here's the most original car I've seen so far with all the factory options as it was delivered:
http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/1994-dodge-viper-19-miles-from-new-rt-10-tx-id-18739809

Here's the most original car I've seen so far with all the factory options as it was delivered:
http://www.viperexchange.com/vehicle-details/1994-dodge-viper-19-miles-from-new-rt-10-tx-id-18739809
What the crap?! 19 miles on the odometer!! Good God...How can that happen? Wouldn't you think your first weekend with the thing you're going to go put on 50 miles or so? Especially being the 1st Gen. Viper. It was a mind-blowing call-back to muscle with a little bit of Hot Rod thrown in...and Dodge's attempt at taking the mantle away from the Corvette.

I didn't even know the original 1st Gen Viper had a hardtop roof option until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. :laugh: I thought there was a soft top shell and that's about it. Even though I'm not crazy about the looks of the Gen 1 at all, I do think it looks better roofless, however, offering the roof is the right thing to do, in my opinion.

What the crap?! 19 miles on the odometer!! Good God...How can that happen? Wouldn't you think your first weekend with the thing you're going to go put on 50 miles or so? Especially being the 1st Gen. Viper. It was a mind-blowing call-back to muscle with a little bit of Hot Rod thrown in...and Dodge's attempt at taking the mantle away from the Corvette.

I didn't even know the original 1st Gen Viper had a hardtop roof option until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. :laugh: I thought there was a soft top shell and that's about it. Even though I'm not crazy about the looks of the Gen 1 at all, I do think it looks better roofless, however, offering the roof is the right thing to do, in my opinion.

In the 19 miles he drove the car it might have scared the hell out of him, but he loved it so much he didn't want to sell it. I recall back in the day the average insurance claim for a Viper was $15,000.

Lots of older guys buy vettes and never drive them much and the viper is a vette on roids and then some, HAHAH.

The viper as we all know is a stick and rudder car, you either sort it out or it will sort you out, for most folks it was the latter it seems. :roflmao:

19 miles could be just transit distance...

local museum has a Peugeot 205 GTi, in the double digit odo range. Bought, driven home, put in a garage, owner died - 30 years later the heirs care enough to open it :O_o:

So many great 90s cars, so many childhood memories :)

993 GT2 would be great, never understood why the early NFS games never featured that car (except for NFS Porsche). The race version would be great as well :D

Edit: Lol, according to IGCD NFS The Run was the only major NFS to feature the 993 GT2, because EA things I guess.

Nice to see it with some colors at last :cool:

Showroom_a3dr_viper_rt10_12-2-2018-18-41-22.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_krajiskazmija_12-3-118-18-31-43.jpg

Barely got some basic textures on it (tires borrowed from the 512TR) but at least it's sitting in game with everything UVe'd and AO baked.
Got a busy week ahead of my so I dunno when I'll get back to it, most likely over the weekend or so.

Funny thing about colors, turns out the "Viper GTS Blue" paint seen on the original NFS game wasn't available until 1996 (that's why the car in the showcase video is RED), wonder why they chose that color for the in-game car, there was only Emerald Green, Dandellion Yellow, Red and Black for both 94 and 95.

:geek::geek::geek: wow, looks great already, even without all the proper texture. So cool to see another masterpiece coming to life in AC.

Another difficulty coming soon though,
and that is choosing sounds for this huge v10, as again, it's hard to find equivalent from kunos ones.

:geek::geek::geek: wow, looks great already, even without all the proper texture. So cool to see another masterpiece coming to life in AC.

Another difficulty coming soon though,
and that is choosing sounds for this huge v10, as again, it's hard to find equivalent from kunos ones.
I'm open to suggestions there

Easy, just copy/paste the Vortex V10 sounds, and delete all the gear whine ;)

Yeah that would do, if only it wasn't another mod and a paid one, as well :p

Of course anyone who owns vortex could do that, but there need to be one to release it with.
I doubt racesim studio would agree to use their sound, but who knows...

Nice to see it with some colors at last :cool:

View attachment 240613 View attachment 240614

Barely got some basic textures on it (tires borrowed from the 512TR) but at least it's sitting in game with everything UVe'd and AO baked.
Got a busy week ahead of my so I dunno when I'll get back to it, most likely over the weekend or so.

Funny thing about colors, turns out the "Viper GTS Blue" paint seen on the original NFS game wasn't available until 1996 (that's why the car in the showcase video is RED), wonder why they chose that color for the in-game car, there was only Emerald Green, Dandellion Yellow, Red and Black for both 94 and 95.

Wow. Wow. With a roof as an option. Im almost speechless, this is gonna be so good.
You'r skills are something else, and with the speed you model things, its amazing !
Its already looking amazing ! Well done, well, we didnt expect anything less honestly. :D

Well of course the sounds of the Vortex would be awesome but that's out of the question. Still lots of work to do with texturing and stuff so I'm leaving that for last. For now enjoy some side by side shots

__custom_showroom_1520945333.jpg
__custom_showroom_1520945285.jpg
__custom_showroom_1520945269.jpg

Despite the similarities, it ended up being a completely different model, so it's not using anything from the Vortex itself.

And here's a nice shot with the hardtop on
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_black_cat_county_13-3-118-9-38-36.jpg

Well of course the sounds of the Vortex would be awesome but that's out of the question. Still lots of work to do with texturing and stuff so I'm leaving that for last. For now enjoy some side by side shots

View attachment 240665 View attachment 240666 View attachment 240667
Despite the similarities, it ended up being a completely different model, so it's not using anything from the Vortex itself.

And here's a nice shot with the hardtop on
View attachment 240668
Strangely, without the top, the car looks too wide and flat... :)
Very nice progress anyway!

Strangely, without the top, the car looks too wide and flat... :)
Very nice progress anyway!

FOV distortion perhaps. Look up the RT10 via image search and in some photos the front end looks super fat and thick and in other photos it looks much thinner and flatter. Lens focal length can make for some serious distortion at times.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.