Cars The Need For Speed

Very nice! Particularly the interior shot - Gorgeous. That's my new background now, no bull.
And what do you know... Rusty Springs!
The icing on the cake would be a wonderful flat six engine note.
Your 993 deserves nothing less A3DR.
Hold on to your horses, that's only a preview shot, it's missing all the button labels and the final textures for the gauge faces which will be done by @9kret9 like he did for the other cars.
About sound, like I've mentioned before, @IMrIMike is working on them.

Rusty Springs raceway! :thumbsup: HAHAH The coastal point to point courses were always my favorites
I still enjoy the original game from time to time and yeah the point to point courses were the best. Too bad we ran into some issues when trying to replicate the original courses, so all we have is Rusty Springs, which cannot be released to public anyway for copyright reasons.

I'd love to see Willow Springs/Horse Thief Mile raceway as the modern equivalent to Rusty Springs raceway for the reborn Road and Track NFS

Rusty Springs was essentially an oval track, correct ?

Any more info on this? What kind of issues? What type of replication? :p
Somewhere along this thread, must be on the early pages, some research was done on the track format to convert and all, but hit a dead end for a number of reasons which are specified on some of the posts if you dare to search for them :geek: Would be cool to have the tracks in AC, but seems it's not entirely possible.

I'd love to see Willow Springs/Horse Thief Mile raceway as the modern equivalent to Rusty Springs raceway for the reborn Road and Track NFS

Rusty Springs was essentially an oval track, correct ?
Yes, closed tracks seemed to work out fine, unlike the open ones.

Meanwhile, detailing visuals
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ks_black_cat_county_9-9-119-7-25-2.jpg

Showroom_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_9-8-2019-7-10-55.jpg

And some exterior shots, just because
Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ks_black_cat_county_9-9-119-7-27-57.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ks_black_cat_county_9-9-119-7-27-7.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ks_black_cat_county_9-9-119-7-26-19.jpg

Screenshot_a3dr_porsche_993_c2_ks_black_cat_county_9-9-119-7-29-40.jpg

Somewhere along this thread, must be on the early pages, some research was done on the track format to convert and all, but hit a dead end for a number of reasons which are specified on some of the posts if you dare to search for them :geek: Would be cool to have the tracks in AC, but seems it's not entirely possible.
Alright... I also had an idea of researching the format. I was rather interested in getting the overall shape of the track into 3DS max (vertices and triangles would suffice), so that perhaps a new track could be built based on that data. I would rather see a scratch-built track than a 1:1 conversion.

As for the 993, amazing work!

Funny, I was going over the gauges and watched that video, which I've seen before, but didn't notice the tach detail until now. For some reason I've used what is supposed to be a 993 gauge face for the tach, but turns out it doesn't match any of the pics I've found.... hmm will have to adjust it to the proper one.

s-l1600 (24).jpg

This is the correct one:
s-l1600 (26).jpg

Maybe changed over the years?
__custom_showroom_1568047573.jpg

(those are temporary textures, btw)
@9kret9 I'll send you the updated texture once it;'s done.

Hold on to your horses, that's only a preview shot, it's missing all the button labels and the final textures for the gauge faces which will be done by @9kret9 like he did for the other cars.
About sound, like I've mentioned before, @IMrIMike is working on them.
Holy crap, I had no idea you're that far with the car :D What a beauty. I'll be back home no earlier than Friday and then will start right away!

I see it coming, Dan will release on the weekend, and my misses will coincidentally schedule a hike or trip into the woods of some sort at the same time.:D

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%