AC The Italian Job remake @ Seattle - Tuesday 18th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I reckon it's simply a change of the line in the server_cfg.ini file from
Code:
CARS=austin_mini_cooper;mini_jcw_challenge
to
Code:
CARS=austin_mini_cooper_s_appk;mini_jcw_challenge
Happy to do it if you're not able to jump onto the server.
Ok I have done that. But what do I have to change on my computer to prevent that this will happen again next time?

Edit: now the server won't start probably because the entry list also contains the wrong model.

Edit2: OK I think I solved it. I deleted the map with austin_mini_cooper on my computer and configured the server again and uploaded the new cfg files to the Avon server. I tested it and it works.

Last edited:
Help please! Something really weird is happening in my game on the track:

I joined the "Tuesday Practice Server #2" to do a few laps. Was in menu, went to drive mode, gas pedal works, steering works, BUT using my paddles for switching gears does nothing. No gear switching (neither from neutral to 1 nor from neutral to reverse).
I have this issue on the Tuesday Practice server in both cars, also on the EU Wednesday Practice Server (just tested one car ther), but I do not have the issue on GT3/GT4 Multiclass Practice Server, and also not on any other server I've been in.
When I use the track+car combo from Tuesday locally on my own, everything works as it should.
So the only weird servers for me are Tuesday Practice Server#2 and EU Wednesday Practice Server #04.

Does any admin have any idea what the reason could be?

As said: Getting in session works, steering and throttle work, but not using my paddle shifters. (I even re-assigned switching gears to other buttons, which didn't help as well.) Everywhere else they do work as expected. And they're 100% configured correctly.

Help? Please? Anyone?

Last edited:
Ok I have done that. But what do I have to change on my computer to prevent that this will happen again next time?

Edit: now the server won't start probably because the entry list also contains the wrong model.

Edit2: OK I think I solved it. I deleted the map with austin_mini_cooper on my computer and configured the server again and uploaded the new cfg files to the Avon server. I tested it and it works.

Good to know you got it to work, and that rFactor 2 isn't the only weird thing :D

I joined the "Tuesday Practice Server #2" to do a few laps. Was in menu, went to drive mode, gas pedal works, steering works, BUT using my paddles for switching gears does nothing. No gear switching (neither from neutral to 1 nor from neutral to reverse).
I have this issue on the Tuesday Practice server in both cars, also on the EU Wednesday Practice Server (just tested one car ther), but I do not have the issue on GT3/GT4 Multiclass Practice Server, and also not on any other server I've been in.
When I use the track+car combo from Tuesday locally on my own, everything works as it should.
So the only weird servers for me are Tuesday Practice Server#2 and EU Wednesday Practice Server #04.

Does any admin have any idea what the reason could be?

As said: Getting in session works, steering and throttle work, but not using my paddle shifters. (I even re-assigned switching gears to other buttons, which didn't help as well.) Everywhere else they do work as expected. And they're 100% configured correctly.

Help? Please? Anyone?
Will you please check if it also doesn't work with the Audi on the Wednesday server? The F1 cars and the MX5 don't have paddles for shifting. The GT cars and Audi do.

To make paddles work on cars that don't have them (H-shifter cars) you can change the setting in the controls/button section of AC. Disable H shifter and assign paddles for up and downshift.

Last edited:

Have you checked " use carspecific controls" in Content manager?

I had a similar problem when the steering of my Mazda refused to work on and off line.
Unchecking it and creating new preset solved that for me?!?

Hope it helps Carsten

Have you checked " use carspecific controls" in Content manager?

I had a similar problem when the steering of my Mazda refused to work on and off line.
Unchecking it and creating new preset solved that for me?!?
Hey Carsten, thank you for the idea!
No, I'm not using that, and I only have this problem on the two servers mentioned - in every car on these servers. All other servers work well with any car.
Also, when I tried to practice, another one came to the server and also did not drive one tiny bit. Logged out, logged in again (three times I think), without moving a centimeter. Regrettably they didnt see my chat messages there, but I'm certain they had the same problem as me.

Well in the end it seems that I will be able to join both this week's races so I tested the Seattle circuit this afternoon. The cars "worked" straight away for me (quotes will be explained) without any checksum problem.

However.. to add to the list of odd issues related to this circuit, I can't use any of the two cars as they absolutely do not switch gears. No matter what I tried (remap the buttons, restart CM and the computer, enable keyboard along the wheel as a control device, etc.), the paddles simply don't engage the gear and I'm stuck in neutral.
But this isn't the weirdest thing, as I was able to practice 10 minutes (only to understand once again that I definitely hate city tracks :roflmao: ) if I try to do it offline. Same car (at least, the modern MINI which is the one I chose for the race, but I assume also the classic would work), same track, same situation in the computer where 1 minute before I wasn't able to switch gears when in the server.

I'm really baffled..

I'm still keeping my slot but if I'm not able to solve this issue, together with my idiosyncracy towards city tracks, I'll have to withdraw from the event.

Well in the end it seems that I will be able to join both this week's races so I tested the Seattle circuit this afternoon. The cars "worked" straight away for me (quotes will be explained) without any checksum problem.

However.. to add to the list of odd issues related to this circuit, I can't use any of the two cars as they absolutely do not switch gears. No matter what I tried (remap the buttons, restart CM and the computer, enable keyboard along the wheel as a control device, etc.), the paddles simply don't engage the gear and I'm stuck in neutral.
But this isn't the weirdest thing, as I was able to practice 10 minutes (only to understand once again that I definitely hate city tracks :roflmao: ) if I try to do it offline. Same car (at least, the modern MINI which is the one I chose for the race, but I assume also the classic would work), same track, same situation in the computer where 1 minute before I wasn't able to switch gears when in the server.

I'm really baffled..

I'm still keeping my slot but if I'm not able to solve this issue, together with my idiosyncracy towards city tracks, I'll have to withdraw from the event.
Oh and it's not a general online/offline issue as I was able to practice online on the Watkins Glen track with the Mazda in-between two failed tests with the MINI in Seattle..

So checked it out and I´m afraid to report that non of my shifters (paddle, sequential stick or H-pattern) does even lift a gear here.

So it´s not you, it´s the world´s fault.. :cry:

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
And it´s the same for me, Watkins Glen ( and Goodwood earlier this evening) work fine.
So it´seems to be a track problem.

( And I´m happy to report the chicane still does not agree with me :unsure:)

MFG Carsten

Just to add another data point, I drove on this server and track yesterday? with zero problems, both cars. Right now though after reading this thread, I tried it again and I'm getting the same issue as said above. Lights, reving, turning the wheel etc, all works just wont shift (despite the driver inside doing the shifting animation).

Just to add another data point, I drove on this server and track yesterday? with zero problems, both cars. Right now though after reading this thread, I tried it again and I'm getting the same issue as said above. Lights, reving, turning the wheel etc, all works just wont shift (despite the driver inside doing the shifting animation).
Oh, I have the wheel and hands disabled and didn't noticed this, that's pretty weird..

Guys,

The server was stuck in overtime. That sometimes happens. I restarted it and it should be fine now. I tried it and I can shift with the paddles in the old Mini. Also the Wednesday server was stuck in overtime yesterday. Please try again now and let me know if it works.
But pay attention on the state of the server. If in overtime it says so at the top of the screen. If the server works allright, you will see there the time left before the automatic restart.

Just before a automatic restart the server is a minute in overtime but after that you should see a countdown on the left to when the next practice session will start. If the server is stuck, you will see it says 0.00 but practice doesn't start.

If it's stuck, please PM me and I will restart the server as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies