Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
dd1f6b933ebcfcb16a970bfd85b7af05.jpg

1635800716014-jpeg.514643

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Like the movie we're also having remake of a former event where old and new meet. From the 1969 film The Italian Job the classic Mini Cooper and from the 2003 remake the modern Mini, both in their own class. Last time we had a blast with these cars at the Luccaring. This time to the country where the film is situated: the United States of America. Not in Los Angeles like the movie but in the inner city of Seattle. Although it is a street circuit, there are plenty of overtaking places so this is very promising for a fun event.

This event is for the lovers of classic cars, but also for those who prefer a modern experience.

The more the merrier so join us for an exciting race and:

Sign up here (password: Send me (HF2000) a PM and I will reply with the password) ):

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (19:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (20:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars:
    • Austin Mini Cooper S FIA App.K Historic Racing
    • Mini Cooper JCW Challenge (F56)
  • Track: Seattle Circuit, USA
  • Pit stop: optional
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear
  • Track grip: 96% increasing to 100%
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:

RaceDepartment Club Rules​

What everybody in this community has in common is that they want to race in the cleanest possible way without the rammers, wreckers and poor attitudes found on public servers.

Events at RaceDepartment.com are therefore governed by our Premium Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:

Golden Rule

If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

Additional Rules​

1. We always use our real name in racing games, while on the forum we have created a special user field in your profile to show your real name to other premium members. Click here if you don't know how to change your in-game name to your real name.
  2. When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. Signing up means you are committed to finishing the entire race.
  3. If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents. Return to the pit box safely and repair your car to continue the race.
  4. If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
  5. Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.
  6. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
  7. Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
  8. Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member whom organised your race via PM, sending them an incident report that follows the procedure outlined here.
  9. Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.
  10. During official race sessions (qualification & race) written chat is not allowed.
  11. It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or TeamSpeak voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream it.
Which games do we support?
We currently organise daily club races for the following racing games:
  • Assetto Corsa
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Automobilista 2
  • DiRT Rally 2
  • RaceRoom Racing Experience
  • rFactor 2
What is the difference between Club and League racing?
Club events are for casual racing only. It's not about the winning or losing but about having a good driving experience. This is the perfect environment for your daily races as there is no pressure involved. Fun is King.

Leagues races are more professional and points can be scored for the championship. There is also the pressure of running with some of the best drivers in the simracing community! This does not mean that you need to have alien speed to join our leagues. You will always find drivers of your level in every race.

(#)Set system of punishment for breach of rules (other than the Golden Rule) in club events.
  • 1st offense: PM warning explaining the rule broken, and potential penalty for next infraction.
  • 2nd offense: Two week racing ban.
  • 3rd offense: 30 day racing ban.
  • 4th offense: 1 year racing ban.

@HF2000 , great idea to use a city track! But this track sadly has two issues:
1: If you choose to drive through the pits, then the sim doesn't register your lap to be completed, so you're one lap behind everybody. Maybe make people aware about this.
2: It only supports 24 drivers (despite what's in the config file of the track), since it has only 24 pits.

BUT: There is another great city track on RD, also made by @Tyrone which doesn't have these issues: It's Washington DC Capitol Hill: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/washington-dc-capitol-hill.33864/
Maybe change track?

@HF2000 , great idea to use a city track! But this track sadly has two issues:
1: If you choose to drive through the pits, then the sim doesn't register your lap to be completed, so you're one lap behind everybody. Maybe make people aware about this.
2: It only supports 24 drivers (despite what's in the config file of the track), since it has only 24 pits.

BUT: There is another great city track on RD, also made by @Tyrone which doesn't have these issues: It's Washington DC Capitol Hill: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/washington-dc-capitol-hill.33864/
Maybe change track?
Hi Markus,

Thank you for this information. Didn't try pitstops so I wasn't aware. I will check if a pitstop is needed for a 45 min race.
As for the Washington track: it isn't available on S.GP so I can't use it. But I will test it and maybe do a request for uploading it to S.GP. I can use some more city track so that would be nice.

I can use some more city track so that would be nice.
Sadly most city tracks around the web for Assetto Corsa aren't on RD due to possible copyright issues, but I know at least a few besides the above mentioned - I'll sort them here according to my opinion regarding "fun" - which is very subjective...
Honorable mentions: Not city tracks, but beautiful countrysides:
  • Sveg Raceway (for fast cars)
  • Project Grindelwald (not completed, quite some textures missing, but may be promising in the future, also if those kerbs get replaced by something more "realistic")
Maybe some of those are interesting?

Sadly most city tracks around the web for Assetto Corsa aren't on RD due to possible copyright issues, but I know at least a few besides the above mentioned - I'll sort them here according to my opinion regarding "fun" - which is very subjective...
Honorable mentions: Not city tracks, but beautiful countrysides:
  • Sveg Raceway (for fast cars)
  • Project Grindelwald (not completed, quite some textures missing, but may be promising in the future, also if those kerbs get replaced by something more "realistic")
Maybe some of those are interesting?
SVEG is amongst a few tracks I have filed a request for. I love it!

Oh yes please, a fantastic track to drive, would be good in the classic F1’s.
A F1 car on a road? I'd prefer some street legal supercar like the Lotus 3-Eleven (2015) from the R2R DLC. Or some other fast sports car / super car. Preferably a convertible to enjoy the view on the longer straights in VR ;-)

The OLD Mini Cooper isn't configured correctly. I had it before, then got the red exclamation icon, so I installed it again using the link provided on simracing.gp, installed it, refreshed, restarted Content Manager, but still the red icon (see screen shot)
I usually install stuff without any problem, I guess it's the wrong download link or something?

1642114603346.png

Last edited:
The OLD Mini Cooper isn't configured correctly. I had it before, then got the red exclamation icon, so I installed it again using the link provided on simracing.gp, installed it, refreshed, restarted Content Manager, but still the red icon (see screen shot)
I usually install stuff without any problem, I guess it's the wrong download link or something?

View attachment 532429
I have no problems and a couple of weeks ago we did the first Italian Job race with the same cars.
I will install the Mini again from S.gp and see if I get the same problem. In that case the practice server needs to be updated.

EDIT: Done it and it works. So nothing wrong with the mod files.

Last edited:
But I see this:
1642115433792.png

It looks like you have not installed the mod correctly because it's searching for a different map

Last edited:
This is really weird.
1642116004180.png

Now I did a manual uninstall (removed both austin_mini_cooper folders inside my AC's cars folder), downloaded AGAIN the newest version (see "1"), received a "cars.zip" file (2), Opened the zip file (3), copied its contents into AC's cars folder (4), launched Content Manager and there's still the error (5, 6)
What's curious is, that the id of the car in Content Manager (what he receives from the server) is "austin_mini_cooper", whereas the two folders in cars.zip were named "austin_mini_cooper_s_1000" and "austin_mini_cooper_s_appk". So definitely a different car.

Can you click on the three dots in the lower right corner of the car image and then "Open Folder" and check whether its name is one of the two folders in the downloaded file or something else, please?

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused about this myself.
The server config has the line "CARS=austin_mini_cooper;mini_jcw_challenge", so I'm not really understanding how Han is seeing the App.K car in CM. There isn't a folder by the name of "austin_mini_cooper" on the server, adding to my bafflement. Any ideas @HF2000?

I just downloaded the car afresh, along with the track, and now I see this in the vanilla launcher:
1642119223912.png

I'm now starting to think that the reason it's working for you Han is perhaps because your own PC has a cars folder with a folder called "austin_mini_cooper", containing the App.K car. If that's the case, then I think the pieces all fit together. If not, I'm baffled.
For sure, the car in the download has a folder name of "austin_mini_cooper_s_appk" as @abecede has mentioned above, and I think this is the name which belongs in the server_cfg.ini, unless I'm confused (not unlikely!).

I'm a bit confused about this myself.
The server config has the line "CARS=austin_mini_cooper;mini_jcw_challenge", so I'm not really understanding how Han is seeing the App.K car in CM. There isn't a folder by the name of "austin_mini_cooper" on the server, adding to my bafflement. Any ideas @HF2000?

I just downloaded the car afresh, along with the track, and now I see this in the vanilla launcher:
View attachment 532452
I'm now starting to think that the reason it's working for you Han is perhaps because your own PC has a cars folder with a folder called "austin_mini_cooper", containing the App.K car. If that's the case, then I think the pieces all fit together. If not, I'm baffled.
For sure, the car in the download has a folder name of "austin_mini_cooper_s_appk" as @abecede has mentioned above, and I think this is the name which belongs in the server_cfg.ini, unless I'm confused (not unlikely!).
I'm not at my computer now but I saw indeed a map with 'austin_mini_cooper'. But I don't know what's in it.
The past months we have done several events with this Mini Cooper with practice servers on Avon and this problem didn't occur then.

Last edited:
I'm not at my computer now but I saw indeed a map with 'austin_mini_cooper'. But I don't know what's in it.
The past months we have done several events with this Mini Cooper with practice servers on Avon and this problem didn't occur then.
OK so that is consistent with the server working for you and more or less nobody else then ;) since you you have a car folder with the truncated name (I wonder how it got there). The previous practice servers maybe had the full name of "austin_mini_cooper_s_appk" instead? If not then I'm still baffled about how it could ever have worked. But I do think that this is the right fix for the config file.
Also doesn't work for me. The cars.zip file contains two car directories but austin_mini_cooper_s_1000 appears to contain exactly the same files as austin_mini_cooper_s_appk.
Well, I had failed to notice thus far that the folders are indeed very nearly identical. The car graphical model is for sure identical (even the same filenames!) but the data.acd and one or two other things are different. Since data.acd contains the entire car physics, I guess the cars may drive very differently indeed while looking identical.

OK so that is consistent with the server working for you and more or less nobody else then ;) since you you have a car folder with the truncated name (I wonder how it got there). The previous practice servers maybe had the full name of "austin_mini_cooper_s_appk" instead? If not then I'm still baffled about how it could ever have worked. But I do think that this is the right fix for the config file.

Well, I had failed to notice thus far that the folders are indeed very nearly identical. The car graphical model is for sure identical (even the same filenames!) but the data.acd and one or two other things are different. Since data.acd contains the entire car physics, I guess the cars may drive very differently indeed while looking identical.
Neil, what is it that I should do now to fix it?

Neil, what is it that I should do now to fix it?
I reckon it's simply a change of the line in the server_cfg.ini file from
Code:
CARS=austin_mini_cooper;mini_jcw_challenge
to
Code:
CARS=austin_mini_cooper_s_appk;mini_jcw_challenge
Happy to do it if you're not able to jump onto the server.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%