The Isle Of Man TT

Tracks The Isle Of Man TT 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you, it worked! Just tried, but the track now has a strange "flickering". Is that a problem of the mod ?
yeah thats normal because the track is so big (in terms of land area). Your position is always a long way from the 0,0,0 origin of the track model, and so far out rounding issues cause that flickering and "hedgehogging" of all the meshes and the unprecises FFB

yeah thats normal because the track is so big (in terms of land area). Your position is always a long way from the 0,0,0 origin of the track model, and so far out rounding issues cause that flickering and "hedgehogging" of all the meshes and the unprecises FFB
I've never understood this. It's like radio signals getting weaker as distance increases, but in a virtual world where such physical limitations shouldn't apply.

No updates Frank? Have you considered contacting Jim for help on getting the track to look more like the one he's done for GPL?

I've never understood this. It's like radio signals getting weaker as distance increases, but in a virtual world where such physical limitations shouldn't apply.

I think Mr Kunos explained it a bit in one of his streams back when he was still doing them, all to do with maths and rounding precision IIRC

It didn't work to me. The entire car was shaking
There is a graphics wobbling mod out there it does help and if u using CM drop some graphics setting down that will help too. But updating ur drivers and latest CSP and Sol. Will do same aswell. It took me months of learning testing setting updates to get my working right in VR with my computer completely overclocked too. And also some cars work better than others some flicker some don't. Not many out of 3000 vehicles in VR.

There is a graphics wobbling mod out there it does help and if u using CM drop some graphics setting down that will help too. But updating ur drivers and latest CSP and Sol. Will do same aswell. It took me months of learning testing setting updates to get my working right in VR with my computer completely overclocked too. And also some cars work better than others some flicker some don't. Not many out of 3000 vehicles in VR.

Can you post a link to the graphics wobbling mod? is it supposed to fix the wobbling problem on ALL large tracks?

Can you post a link to the graphics wobbling mod? is it supposed to fix the wobbling problem on ALL large tracks?
Hey man sorry can't share link through my phone or the file through here.

But if you go in google and type assetto corsa graphics wobbling mods you'll find this one.

And yes I noticed it was way better first on the Mt. Everest track.
S00311-171120.jpg

Awesome map that i found recently, but i guess you either won't read this or just ignore it.
I've made a few texture improvements and added Rain FX and Grass FX and i would like to release the improvements.
Obviously i would give you full credit for your work (fantastic, as already said) and even link this page as the original version.
Thanks
Michael

Awesome map that i found recently, but i guess you either won't read this or just ignore it.
I've made a few texture improvements and added Rain FX and Grass FX and i would like to release the improvements.
Obviously i would give you full credit for your work (fantastic, as already said) and even link this page as the original version.
Thanks
Michael

Hi ImWilde. I would strongly suggest getting in touch with a guy named S.Victor from the rFactor 2 forums. He just released a new version of the IOM TT for rF2. That version is an (*AUTHORIZED*) conversion of the GPL version from Jim Pearson. Maybe you can reach out to him and offer to convert his version to Assetto Corsa. I would seriously not bother trying to improve this version by Frank. No offense this version is sorely outdated and doesn't look even a fraction as good as S.Victor's version. S.Victor's version looks amazing in RF2, but I'd rather drive the track in AC...the superior sim :)

Hi ImWilde. I would strongly suggest getting in touch with a guy named S.Victor from the rFactor 2 forums. He just released a new version of the IOM TT for rF2. That version is an (*AUTHORIZED*) conversion of the GPL version from Jim Pearson. Maybe you can reach out to him and offer to convert his version to Assetto Corsa. I would seriously not bother trying to improve this version by Frank. No offense this version is sorely outdated and doesn't look even a fraction as good as S.Victor's version. S.Victor's version looks amazing in RF2, but I'd rather drive the track in AC...the superior sim :)
Hi... I've made some improvements to this map and offered to share, but that doesn't seem good enough. People always want more

Hi... I've made some improvements to this map and offered to share, but that doesn't seem good enough. People always want more
Bro....I didn't in any way, attempt to minimize the effort you've put in improving this current version of IOM. I'm very appreciative of the work you've done on it. However, all I was trying to say, was that it's a waste of time improving this version of the track. It's a highly inaccurate version of the course and no one around the sim community endorses or co-signs this version. Frank put this out like 4 years ago and hasn't touched it since. If you're willing to work on improving a version of IOM that's actually worth working on, it behooves you to get in touch with S.Victory, and start a dialog with him. Perhaps you guys can work something out to bring *HIS* version of IOM to Assetto Corsa. A lot of fans of the track really want his version brought over here. Keep us posted braids :)

If you'd like to share a csp config, the best place to do so is in the csp github repository.
You don't really need permission since grass and rain are add-ons (like a skin) that enhance the experience and by uploading them to github, players can get them automatically (or manually) through content manager.

Last edited:
If you'd like to share a csp config, the best place to do so is in the csp github repository.
You don't really need permission since grass and rain are add-ons (like a skin) that enhance the experience and by uploading them to github, players can get them automatically (or manually) through content manager.
Hi Jimp93.. I've downloaded GitHub desktop and didn't really understand how it worked, but i've obviously noticed the extension folders other more clever people than me have written and managed to get the grassfx and rainfx to work in stuff i modify.
I would like to know how to use GitHub correctly though. Thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea