The Evo Triangle

Tracks The Evo Triangle 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Frank1463 submitted a new resource:

The Evo Triangle - Fast road course

The Evo Triangle is a 20 mile / 32 km fast road course in Wales which gets its name from EVO magazine, who regularly take test cars there for the fantastic driving roads that will test any car to its limits.

FEATURES
track cameras
track map
ideal line

ISSUES
although there are 16 pit places and an ai lane, the ai at the moment are reluctant to move more than a few yards at a time, if they move at all. Feel free to help out here :)

THANKS
big thanks to...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks will test when i get the chance! Looks great. :)

Was wondering as i didnt see any info about it, but does it have a physical FFB road mesh? That the FFB is not picking up on the actual mesh but an extra invisible road mesh with higher resolution to feel that true tarmac. Without it you often get a flat "glassy" no feeling driving except for the elevation changes where the low resolution mesh comes through.

Sorry if im preaching to the choir here. :p

Your AI issue might be an easy fix. Change your GRASS to IS_VALID_TRACK=0 and re-record the AI line.
The AI now thinks the entire map (because your entire world is called 1GRASS) is driveable which might freak them out. Related: place some walls around your track (simple vertical wall) and rename that grass to "terrain" or something. Then rename your grass objects that lie within your walls 1GRASS and cut those up in, say, 50m pieces.. It will save a lot in CPU occupancy.

Your AI issue might be an easy fix. Change your GRASS to IS_VALID_TRACK=0 and re-record the AI line.
The AI now thinks the entire map (because your entire world is called 1GRASS) is driveable which might freak them out. Related: place some walls around your track (simple vertical wall) and rename that grass to "terrain" or something. Then rename your grass objects that lie within your walls 1GRASS and cut those up in, say, 50m pieces.. It will save a lot in CPU occupancy.
Thanks I'll try that out.

This thing is breaking nearly every rule in AC track making. PNG and JPG textures everywhere. Also 380 different textures is insanity. I was going to blame RTB for the performance issues but I'm not so sure I can lay all the blame on that.

Please go over this thread (mainly the first few posts) as the info is very important.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.27180/
Thanks for the link, I know I still have much to learn. You might have been a bit less brutal though :p

Thanks for the link, I know I still have much to learn. You might have been a bit less brutal though :p
Yeah I do that sometimes not realizing you are new to this so I apologize. Simply getting everything into DDS format will fix 90% of the performance issues. But you also need to cut the texture/material list as much as possible.

Frank1463 updated The Evo Triangle with a new update entry:

The Evo Triangle

The Evo Triangle is a 20 mile / 32 km fast road course in Wales which gets its name from EVO magazine, who regularly take test cars there for the fantastic driving roads that will test any car to its limits.

VERSION 1.1 CHANGELOG:
Now including the clockwise version of the track along with the anticlockwise version.
Lots of optimising done and texture count reduced.
Part of the stone walls on the second road section of the track changed to wire fences to more accurately...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you rename the layouts in normal (=nothing) and reverse. Iknow that these are public roads but it would make Things easier.

Can you rename the layouts in normal (=nothing) and reverse. Iknow that these are public roads but it would make Things easier.
The reason I've named them clockwise and anticlockwise is because that is how they are known. There isn't really a more common direction, it's just sometimes clockwise, sometimes anticlockwise

Great layout. Fun to drive on these public roads. It's nice to have a wide variety of tracks in AC.

I was wondering what you have in mind for the future? If the road texture looked a little more varied and detailed, and there were more 3D objects for sake of immersion, this would be one of the best. Would be nice to fill out some empty areas with more shrubs, rocks, a few buildings, maybe some sheep. :)

Anyway, really enjoying this one. Thanks.

Last edited:
Frank1463 updated The Evo Triangle with a new update entry:

The Evo Triangle v1.2

The Evo Triangle is a 20 mile fast road course in Wales which gets its name from EVO magazine, who regularly take test cars there for the fantastic
driving roads that will test any car to its limits.

FEATURES:

2 tracks, clockwise and anticlockwise.
working ai.
track cameras.
track map.
ideal line.
collision walls.
separate road mesh.

VERSION 1.2 CHANGELOG:

Collision walls added throughout.
3d grass added.
separate road mesh with bumps added.