The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

• Deleted member 197115

Which makes me (as one of the useless moderators) wonder why you posted the thread here rather than in the Reiza forums where the devs would have been more likely to notice it.
What started off as an interesting discussion with some purpose has descended into the usual rinse and repeat cycle a not uncommon occurrence.
Perhaps because RD is more neutral platform where all opinions are welcome (or so we thought) vs. fans echo chamber on Reiza or any other sim specific forum.
I can only imagine amount of abuse OP would have faced by posting it there, if not plain banned like others.

Thank you Kenny for your input on the matter.

But is it me repeating myself or simply myself stating yet another time what is lacking in the intellectual honesty of others. Its not a point of stepping back, rather, of being misconstrued. I think the other aspect of the entire discussion that bares mentioning - and sure there has not really been a constructive discussion about this title since its inception - is that I am somehow a super-fan of this title who somehow turned against it one day. I am not a super fan of this title, nor did I suddenly turn against it.

I will take you up on your suggestion of stepping back. But I am not a super fan of this title. I play AMS2 rarely, perhaps once per month, and at all other times of mentioning it I mentioned it in light of raceroom and Assetto Corsa. That is the literal quality of the title, to be an also-ran, and not able to be mentioned on merits of its own.

I put it to you that this is why dissenting voices against my view are SO important for the dissenters - because it literally [semingly] sucks the air out of the game for them.

The sooner people realise that in light of my comments, the sooner they will not require walls of text - themselves only owing to the vast amounts of nonsense said against myself the moment I maintain objectivity.

In fact - the sooner they will be at peace with themselves, the sooner you will not have to remind people to step back. I am constantly neutral. It would be good to remember this, even as we allow multiple opinions, objectivities, etc including mine.

There are basically about 3-5 topics or discussion on this game in the entire world - I am not trying to ruin 33% of them. They are what they are because of the inherent and innate merits and qualities of the title. Thats on the game, not me. Good day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%