The Elephant in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
I want to share a concern that I have about AMS2. It does not seem to be discussed, but when comparing how many player actually play the game, I am very worried this game will get any traction ever. It is no just less than other SIM, it is very very little, particularly as it is new.

I would love to hear what Reiza think of the abysmally small amount of user.

Screenshot (7).jpg

How many use a game does not reflect on how good it is, AMS2 is good, but not having user, hence no money coming in has to be some how worry some for Reiza and by consequence to existing user.

By all the coverage here in RD and all the superlative in this thread, you could be tempted to think that this is the next big thing for SIM racer. Not so much, why is their not more players?

The monthly wank over AMS2's player numbers? :laugh:
I think he's annoyed AMS2 is getting things right far quicker than ACC and rfactor 2 series. He also has no idea how poor Steam stats are and how they only relate to given localities. Looking at ACC numbers, it seems only one person played it all last month. I'm pretty sure that isn't right.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I think he's annoyed AMS2 is getting things right far quicker than ACC and rfactor 2 series. He also has no idea how poor Steam stats are and how they only relate to given localities. Looking at ACC numbers, it seems only one person played it all last month. I'm pretty sure that isn't right.
What stats are you looking at?
1629582839480.png

Is it just me but are those stats a bit misleading. Surely more than 3570 are playing ACC at that peak point on PC. Genuinely questioning the number, though I totally accept if they're proven to be right. Just, I was under the impression that ACC is overwhelmingly popular in racing sim' world. Maybe it's me.

Last edited:
1. It is not clear to me, and many other, that AMS2 is a flop.
2. I purchase AMS2 with the intention to enjoy it, yes, I am enjoying some of it, like the VR is very good, I wished that I could enjoy the driving and the AI as well, but at this stage, beside a few combo, I have limited interest in using my copy of AMS2.
3. The purpose of this thread and those post is to put in light an apparent disconnect between some extatic comments and the lack of people actually using their copy of the game.

Maybe Reiza is not developing it in an optimal way, that would help us enjoy it more, play it more, hence why taking into account the elephant in the room, might help them and us making AMS2 a better SIM experience. As opposed to praising it as a “best ever” SIM which it is definitely not.

You are new around here, it might help you get a better experience in RD, if you take the time to read the thread instead of just snapping at the last post without consideration for the whole conversation that I started 17 pages back, more than a year ago.

... 17 pages back, more than a year ago

and still you insist on posting the bad statistics of the game on a public forum, it's the worst publicity, you are not helping developers, quite the opposite.

Why are you saying this, what is your comment based. Upon? Do you have an alternative source of information?

A peak of over 3000 daily, sustained month over month, for a long time, is very respectable for a SIM, particularly one just offering one car class like ACC, only AC is doing better, much better, but with a much wider offering.
Um... just looking at the steam stat thing Andrew WOT posted 2 or 3 posts back. Either way I would have thought it would have been more than that, of course, I'm not sure how many copies of ACC have been sold worldwide but I'm guessing it's a lot. Anyhoo, I ain't attacking anything or questioning anything just curious.

The estimated sales of ACC according to Steamspy are 500k-1million (https://steamspy.com/app/805550). AMS2 sales are estimated at 100k-200k (https://steamspy.com/app/1066890). Given ACC is about 5x the ownership you would expect about 5x the player numbers but its more like 15x suggesting that a lot of sim players own AMS2 but don't play it.

Assetto Corsa is 1million -2 million estimated sales. https://steamspy.com/app/244210. This I think is about the size of the Sim racing market, in that couple of million sales area. A lot bigger than I suspected but also not massive.

To me, AMS2 is quickly becoming another rfactor 2. Sometimes, you hit a good combination of car track and weather but to get there, you have to trial and error through a lot of swamp. Too many inconsistencies and annoyances have led me to push AMS2 aside again (for now). Although I have done that with sim racing as a whole. RF2 is dead to me due to the ever deeper swamp you have to wade through to get something half enjoyable. ACC is just boring, RRE is too expensive to have a wide selection.

Looking forward to the Riders Republic beta test tomorrow.

Last edited:
Telling someone they are doing great, when they are not, is, in my view, much more damaging, than letting them know, they are not doing great and maybe, if they want to succeed, should consider a change of strategy.
Nobody is telling Reiza they are doing great and that AMS2 is perfect. We tell them what we enjoy in the current state of AMS2, and we tell them what we don't like, what doesn't work, what we think is wrong and what we want in the future. Not here of course, because the only thing the AMS2 forums on RD are good for is complaining about the game it seems. That and the monthly sticky update on player count. You on the other hand seem weirdly obsessed with badmouthing AMS2 every chance you get.

How, is just stating a verifiable fact, so upsetting to some people? Is it a sign of the time we are now all living in?
How is it you guys, whenever you get backlash for your constant useless complaining about a sim you hardly play, are only ever "stating facts" or "providing feedback" or "providing constructive critizism"? Oh, you're so innocent. You're obviously not posting player number to inform anyone, your're gloating. Where does your seemingly unending disdain for the game and/or dev team come from? Why do you post AMS2 player numbers with such glee, such joy about their failure according to you?

What did you expect from the guy with an Assetto Corsa avatar who spends their time roaming other games' forums "just asking questions".

Just another kid without a life, and the hilarious part, he thinks he is smart. That's why RD is mostly a download repository for me, the forums are plenty of these kind of people and moderators are totally useless. I'm done here, he just confirmed that he only wants to attack the company.

Telling someone they are doing great, when they are not, is, in my view, much more damaging, than letting them know, they are not doing great
Which makes me (as one of the useless moderators) wonder why you posted the thread here rather than in the Reiza forums where the devs would have been more likely to notice it.
What started off as an interesting discussion with some purpose has descended into the usual rinse and repeat cycle a not uncommon occurrence.

• Deleted member 197115

Which makes me (as one of the useless moderators) wonder why you posted the thread here rather than in the Reiza forums where the devs would have been more likely to notice it.
What started off as an interesting discussion with some purpose has descended into the usual rinse and repeat cycle a not uncommon occurrence.
Perhaps because RD is more neutral platform where all opinions are welcome (or so we thought) vs. fans echo chamber on Reiza or any other sim specific forum.
I can only imagine amount of abuse OP would have faced by posting it there, if not plain banned like others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes