AC Modding Questions Thread

The comment says
Code:
version = 1.0
# this is the bones that are, for some reason, rotated 180 from how blender has them.
negabones = ['DRIVER_RIG_Leg_L','DRIVER_RIG_Shin_L','DRIVER_RIG_Hill_L']
negabones += ['DRIVER_RIG_Leg_R','DRIVER_RIG_Shin_R','DRIVER_RIG_Hill_R']
negabones += ['DRIVER_RIG_Arm_L','DRIVER_RIG_Shoulder_L','DRIVER_RIG_ForeArm_L']
negabones += ['DRIVER_RIG_Arm_R','DRIVER_RIG_Shoulder_R','DRIVER_RIG_ForeArm_R']
negabones += ['DRIVER_RIG_ForeArm_END_L','DRIVER_HAND_L_Thumb1','DRIVER_HAND_L_Thumb2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_RIG_ForeArm_END_R','DRIVER_HAND_R_Thumb1','DRIVER_HAND_R_Thumb2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Index1','DRIVER_HAND_Index2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Middle1','DRIVER_HAND_Middle2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Ring1','DRIVER_HAND_Ring2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Pinkie1','DRIVER_HAND_Pinkie2']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Index4','DRIVER_HAND_Index5']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Middle4','DRIVER_HAND_Middle5']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Ring4','DRIVER_HAND_Ring5']
negabones += ['DRIVER_HAND_Pinkie4','DRIVER_HAND_Pinkie5']
# and this is the matrix that rotates 180 around X to fix it during export
halfrotmat = mathutils.Matrix.Rotation(math.pi,4,'X')

I don't know if that's the information you need to fix your skeleton. All these had to be rotated 180 to look correct in blender, then back 180 the other way when exporting to not make the guy look that way. It's not mirrored bones and it's not all the bones so I have no idea what it's caused by.

As for 2.80 compatibility it's probably just changing __init__.py to match 2.80 expectations (mainly it includes a target version, script has 2,71 and that needs to be minimum 2,80) but I'm not really using 2.8 so I haven't done it.

Blender 2.7x worked fine with Stereos Blender rig and his ksanim exporter. 2.8 seems to not work at all right now. @Stereo was thinking about updating his rig and exporter for 2.8 as the old one does not work anymore, something about the way plugins are handled is different.

2.8 seems to handle colons in names now, it's just the bone rotation thing that seems a problem still. I'd have a go myself but the last time I did any programming was on the Atari ST.

I don't know if that's the information you need to fix your skeleton. All these had to be rotated 180 to look correct in blender, then back 180 the other way when exporting to not make the guy look that way. It's not mirrored bones and it's not all the bones so I have no idea what it's caused by.

Thanks, I did have a peek through your driver rig script to see which bones it was but figuring out how to re-position them and export them into an fbx is a bit beyond me, going to have a browse around the Blender scripting forums, see if anyone's tackled it.

Seems to be just the bones in the arms and legs it affects, did a little test and you can see the two upper arm bones behind the head:

udX8iXI.jpg

2.8 seems to handle colons in names now, it's just the bone rotation thing that seems a problem still. I'd have a go myself but the last time I did any programming was on the Atari ST.
I tried some animation exports from 2.8 and the KSEditor did not accept them (I tried an animated rear wing of a project car of mine. Only one of like 12 empties was moving, rest was ignored). 2.8 changed the fbx exporter, mostly got rid of the ASCII or binary option, so no idea whats actually now inside the fbx

Why not download older version of blender and make the animations in that? 2.80 doesn't really change anything about how you make animations inside blender so apart from prettier ui there is no benefit working in 2.80.

Why not download older version of blender and make the animations in that? 2.80 doesn't really change anything about how you make animations inside blender so apart from prettier ui there is no benefit working in 2.80.

I've got three different versions on my desktop mainly for that reason. Took a bit of getting used to but I quite like working with 2.8 so the only drawback is your muscle memory gets a bit confused going back to 2.79, no big deal though. Main thing is every version of Blender so far seems to do odd things to armatures and animations in fbx files, frustrating because editable driver models could be a lot of fun.

Hey guys,

I'm wondering how can I implement Traffic Layout for my track
I don't know how to make AI line so I hope you guys can help me
mP.png

I drew this line to have a lop in the track, I don't know how AI will handle the exits
-I did put "ac_start" across the line that's it
what should I do next

Has anyone got any guides to editing tracks for AI lines and pit boxes and so on? I'd love for some of the tracks I have to work in weekend mode, and I feel like doing it oneself could be the easiest way to go about it.

i need help figuring what the icons are :)
and see if i can link them in analog/digital instruments
been searching on google, but i couldn't find all

1. the G spot ?
    upload_2019-10-19_19-15-8.png
  2. handbrake ?
    upload_2019-10-19_19-15-25.png
  3. or is it ?
    upload_2019-10-19_19-15-46.png

4. esp ?
    upload_2019-10-19_19-15-32.png
  5. there is RPM_SWITCH=8000, but is there an option to switch off at a given RPM ?
  6. is there analog clock option with CSP and config.ini ?
:geek:

So uhhh.

20191019203024_1.jpg

20191019202927_1.jpg

My car vs KS. What is this shadow stuff? Copying over body_shadow etc. did nothing.

EDIT: ambient_shadows.ini in data

Mine, only on this car:

[SETTINGS]
WIDTH=1.74000000953674
LENGTH=2.79999995231628

Original:

[SETTINGS]
WIDTH=1.0
LENGTH=2.8

Uhhh, okay!

Last edited:
I was wondering, if at all possible, what the model/texture naming conventions would be to get these textures to load up in the AC pit sections...
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (FPS_ 58) 20_10_2019 23_25_07.png

EDIT: Nevermind, I should've browsed more before asking. ac_crew.dds and livery.dds

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of the circuits that use that boom? I've honestly never noticed it in game.
I've struggled to find them myself. The side panel with the tyres have been in every KS track I've seen, but not the boom section. It must be an in-game model though, where else would CM rip it from?

Which leads me to my next dumb question, I've applied the ac_crew.dds and livery.png to AC_CREW_#_LODA100 in Blender, but it stays as whatever ac_crew.dds and livery.png I've used originally in-game, rather than swap out with the car's specific set. I've checked the .inis for any settings and even named the material which the ac_crew.dds uses as 'Panello_Skin_00' just like in KS' Monza model, thinking that might do something. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Assetto Corsa 21_10_2019 12_20_18.png

EDIT: Again, I seemed to have found the answer to my own problem. I've been keeping my fbx models in the same folder as the kn5, and therefore have the texture folder inside of my track folder which was overriding all the ac_crew.dds and livery.dds changes and changing them back to the default texture. You can tell I'm new to this :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the help, but I more mean in the game itself..
Yeah, when you change them in CM it applies to the game as well. Alternatively you could go to content/cars/caryouwant/ui and there open the ui.json, and then change the tags.
I am on my phone so might not be 100% accurate, but anyways, you should get Content manager, you can do this in the free version too

is it not possible to get an alpha working with a multiMap ?
the txDiffuse has the AO with black alpha, and txDetail would have the transparent parts ?
You want to control the alphatest visibility with the detail texture? I don't think that is possible. If you are looking for alphatested material which also uses the detail texture based on the black on the diffuse's alpha layer try multimap_at (iirc it is named like that). It uses the alpha of the normal map to control the alphatest/visibility.

edit nvm I just noticed you have the correct shader..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back