AC Modding Questions Thread

Just so we're in the same page, in this clip it's set to transparent, by changing the default value in the setup. If you don't get that, try on of the default skins first, and then please confirm with either csp temporarily disabled, or reverting csp back to 205/207 (it's just a click) if the situation changes.

Ok.. Solved it.
Here is what i was doing wrong (thanks AlleyViper)

I was creating a setup in CM car setup settings page, and selecting "test" to test that setup... which i dont think does, what i thought it did :)

I created a setup called NO HALO.
I disabled the HALO in the settings and then saved the profile as my 1 and only default profile for the car!

The problem was, when i pressed Drive/Test (i assumed it would be to test that tune i had just made) but it doesnt.

it must (for whatever reason) just load the default profile and you then select the newly created setup when the game launches.

So i created a new profile while in the game, then saved it from there, and it worked!

So my issue was (i guess) either my naivety that CM would allow me to create a setup, save it, and when i clicked test it would load the actual profile i was working on and wanted to test (the ONLY profile i created) where in fact, i don't think it does that, so my problems are solved and id like to say thanks to Viper for sticking with me and helping me out.

Cheer Viper! :)

Np, glad you sorted it by yourself. I failed to figure you were changing it before starting the session, as selecting either option should have an immediate effect on the camera view shown inside pits (while in-game).
Cheers

I've been scouring the internet for sound files of the Toyota 7 that I've embarked on making, but I've been struggling to find decent videos, and not even a single onboard. I've piled together a playlist of all the videos I've found so far that have start ups, some revving, and a couple fly-bys.

Playlist

A friend and I believe this sounds similar to another race car, but neither of us can put our fingers on it. Can someone help figure out if there is a similar sounding car, or are there other videos I'm missing?

Hello. Opening the original kunos tracks I noticed that this texture is used for the multylayer. How do I get this effect? Thanks in advance.
sand_base_MAP.jpg

Still plugging away on this. I had thought about trying to get the LT wheels onto the short tail with a .kn5 injection, but that's too much fiddling and I wouldn't be able to release it here, so instead I've also done up a LT version of the livery.

New issue; the surface finish is different. Using CM I've had a look at the shader settings and compared both cars. Aside from the shadow bias setting they're identical (and after changing that to be the same, the discrepancy is still there). Anyone have any idea what might be happening here? The two liveries are set up identically, diffuse and map files. Biggest area of difference is the matte black on the cockpit, and the lack of chrome on the side of the LT.

View attachment 334649View attachment 334648

Cross-post from the WAYWO thread to hopefully find a solution. It's the only thing holding back the release right now.

2 quick questions on AI lines:

- What is the appropriate etiquette for releasing faster/updated AI lines for tracks found on RD and the wider web? Do I always need to ask for permission? Or considering it's an optional addon to the original track, is it acceptable to just post it and give credit to the original track author with a link (If from RD)?

- Has anyone encountered any limit on the length of recording it's possible to do for an AI line? I ask because I was attempting to record an AI line for the Targa Florio track on RD by Abulzz, but whenever I go to exit after saving, it just hangs and I end up having to force close the app (I left it for one hour the last time to make sure it had actually crashed and wasn't just working). I've had no problems recording other AI lines and my PC is pretty beefy, so shouldn't be letting me down from that side either.

Thanks in advance.

The AI for my Fonteny track (26km) takes 12 minutes to save, so just give it time (i.e. walk away and make yourself a cup of coffee).

Regarding your first question, I don't think permission is necessary, but crediting and tagging the original author would be polite, just so they are aware of your mod and can check it out.

Can someone recommend a track map mod that scales well at 4k? I'm using the original one and it's really small, kinda hard to see, didn't find any options to change size.

anyone know why on distance there is appearance of gap.

while on close up there isn't.

I am using two planes beside each other.

ksMultilayer_fresnel_nm on both.

the plane on the right is mixing tarmac and grass.

as you can see on close up it perfect match.

however if you look on distance there is some weird line showing up.

I have no idea how to get rid of it.

the mask I am using is just flat red/green color. there is no overlap in colors.

43GEwMo.png

the mask I am using is just flat red/green color. there is no overlap in colors.

43GEwMo.png
dds texture and mipmap maybe ?

43GEwMo.png
What ben o bro said. The fix is to move the edge of the uvmap away from the edge of the texture.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%