The Big RACE Freeze Thread

I am like Simon on this one,i enjoy more or less problem free running of Race07,and really always have,right through all that fuss with patch issues etc. a few months back,im not saying i have never had any crashes at all,but the ones ive had have been few and very far bewtween,something i have ended with since a few weeks back is every time i exit Race07,i have a "minidump" message waiting at desktop for me,still no problems in game,just an error every single time i quit,ive always suspected something with the RD league pack,it was around the time i added that it began,but ive heard of no other reports of it.

Win XP-SP3
Asus P5N32 SLi
Gforce 8800GTX
E6600 conroe
2Gb OCZ PC28500

LOL,,It really does serve me right :D,after all that big bit of gloating at how great and stable everything is for me,,,,....i just had a total freeze-screen-soundloop crash in game,on the RD server actually in the 87 M3 in the heavy rain qual session,oh how i love irony!! :rolleyes:.

• Grant Daly

I have Freeze ups in both GTR2 and Race '07 And they always happen like about 40-70 secs after I go on a track. I hit the Reset Button and warm boot my PC and I know that It'll be fine till I turn off my PC and Turn it back on again then I have to Repeat the Above?

oh how i love irony!! :rolleyes:.

Hey Gary, Doesn't Irony get Rusty in Heavy Rain? :cheesy:

• Jok

i just registered to add myself into the list of people haveing this freezes with ATI cards.

i got a ATI HD3870, and have this freezes in GT legends, and Race07. i dont know GTR or GTR2 as i dont like the simulated car class.

actually i can drive most tracks in GTL without problem, but i can reproduce the crash to 100% on any nordschleife track in GTL. that turned me off pretty much, so i tried to switch to race07 in order to drive the schleife without crash. and when i drive the ADAC version of the schleife in race07 i get exactly this same black out crash to 100% after the bend out of the karussell.

thats insanely frustrating, i have it in GTL and race 07 with a ATI card. i had the latest omega drivers till yesterday. than i installed the latest ATI ones, strange enough i have horrible performance with the ATI drivers in race07 compared to the omega ones, however the crash is still there. also i tried window mode...

however i didnt tried to play it with everything turned way down. should i try it!? i could report back this evening or tomorrow about how it worked.

this freeze is giving me maximum frustration, i cant play the only two race games i like becouse their freezing my whole system. **** :(
i had a Gf7950GT befor i got the ATI card, it never froze like that in GTL, i didnt ever played race07 with the 7950 card.

screen freeze

Sometimes during online play my screen will freeze and I have to ctrl/alt/delete or reboot. Not very often does this happen. I run video on max settings and the frames rates are excellent. Do I need to drop down to High on that Setting? My computer is a Dell xps with a quadqore processor on vista and has a nvidia 8800 gt card with 650 watt power supply. Any suggestions to help with this occasional problem. Thanks marty :cool:

I've had this same problem for a while now too, I changed my graphics card to a 9800gt from a 8800gt but I still get random freezes, my latest try at curing this is to run the game (EVO) with vsync on but I haven't really had a chance to test it yet as there can be up to a week between freezes, I'm sure there's a simple answer but I don't have it unfortunately, lets hope someone can help :yo:

I am also using 8800gts and also get this problem sometimes. I also have that while i am racing my pc just goes into windows and I have to alt/tab to get back in to the game. Could these be linked??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back