The Big RACE Freeze Thread

I don't think a poll is necessary for you support question.
If I see several forums, Race07 and other ISI-based games could freeze/slowdown your PC from time to time if you are the lucky owner of a NVidia 8800 card (especially the older series; 8800GTS640/8800GTX/8800Ultra)

I noticed this since November/December. And the freezes comes more regularly since then.
Most of the times the videodriver crashes due to an unknown reason. I expect video memory overflow, maybe a bug in the graphics engine used in ISI games.

For weeks I have tried all different options, more videocard cooling, older drivers, other video settings in game. All without luck.

Upgraded to a 9800GTX, hopefully more luck now.

Voted sometimes in the meaning "rather often". Have been having this problem more or less the whole time and it is not related to anything I can identify. It happens at any track and at any number of players/skins. At those times the only way out is via "reset" to reboot the computer.

I got Freeze problem! asus p5k,8800 gt,4g ram i have done 4 bios update no help!i did test 8600 gt car and no freeze but that card is too slow to play!
I have lost now istanbul wttc group 1 race2 ,4? place,valencia group 1 race 2,4? place
this problem is only race07 problem!!!! gtr2,Crysis,rfactor newer crash!!!!!
btw the freeze only tok 1min30sek then ctrl,alt,del and back to game......LOL:)

I got Freeze problem! p5k,8800 gt,4g ram i have done 4 bios update no help!i did test 8600 gt car and no freeze but that card is too slow to play!
I have lost now istanbul wttc group 1 race2 ,4? place,valencia group 1 race 2,4? place
this problem is only race07 problem!!!! gtr2,Crysis,rfactor newer crash!!!!!
btw the freeze only tok 1min30sek then ctrl,alt,del and back to game......LOL:)

I have had it also in GTR2/rFactor :(

I have the same problem ,but not in ISI games .
Rfactor and Arca run smooth for hours, but last night i had complete freeze four times in Race 07. Only happens in Race 07 for me.
4GB OCZ platinium - 8800 GTX 768mb- 1000GB HDD samsung spinpoint-
Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mainboard - Dualcore E6850 and Cooler master5 case.
Should run smooooooth !!!!:D ( well if it runs its great)

It's kinda strange, these games are designed for Nvidia, and i see no ATI problems.

Maybe after a few weeks, i can send the results to Nvidia and see what they have to say about it.

I own a 8800 too and i have had them too, but after my reinstall they are gone.

I think it's an installation issue, Nvidia is kinda sensitive when it comes to update a driver, a total remove of the old driver will always be better then just upgrading.

I wait a month then i shall send Nvidia an email with the poll results and ask for an advise, maybe it's good to send it to Simbin too.

• Erik Åhlen

It used to freeze, but then updated some sound managing program that showed up after the freezes. Haven't had any problems since that

• Mehmet Arslan

I dont have freezes, but most most of the time when i go race, i got very very bad lags, like a virus program is running on the background.

This happens any time but only one time when i play it, what i do then is return to pit and wait a few minutes.

Its bad when i have that in race.

ok, freeze with the new 175.16 driver too.
First it started as a "normal" freeze, with disappearing pic and stuttering sound, then it went to no signal on the monitor (which never was the case before), and then blue death, PC restart.

it is starting to be very frustrating....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%