Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

What spec screws are being used for the printed case?

The screws I use are 4-40 flat head, 5.8mm long for the front panel and 7.5mm long for the back and sides

IMG_20190810_082720.jpg
IMG_20190810_082733.jpg

BTW, I'm having a terrible time printing the enclosure top. Everything else went OK. My issue is the supports needed. I can never print well with supports. Don't know if it's me or the printer. After 4 failed prints, I flipped the top 180 on it's back, and I'm currently trying with no supports.I'll know soon if this works. The only issue I see is overhangs on the screw recesses, and around the button holes........

BTW, I'm having a terrible time printing the enclosure top. Everything else went OK. My issue is the supports needed. I can never print well with supports. Don't know if it's me or the printer. After 4 failed prints, I flipped the top 180 on it's back, and I'm currently trying with no supports.I'll know soon if this works. The only issue I see is overhangs on the screw recesses, and around the button holes........

Yes, you should print the top facing down, with supports, for the button holes..

Thano's controller has been working great with my SFX setup. I thought new users might appreciate some settings for a few popular sims, to help you get started. I'm a big fan of Project Cars 2, and it's my main sim, so this was the first sim I did some serious tuning with. I also feel PC2 has the best VR integration and navigation, it just works great in VR with few hassles. So, here's my PC2 profiles for use with Thanos controller.
----------------
I should say upfront, I also run a motion chair with the SFX, so I've tuned down the surge/sway movements on the SFX just a bit. These profiles still work great on their own, as you'll see. With motion, less is more, of course. With these profiles as a starting point, it's pretty easy to modify various forces up or down to your taste.

As a general comment, there's 3 very important elements to any profile. 1) the axis allocations, 2) the tuning center limits, and 3) the "intensity" level setting. I'll cover each one here and give 2 examples for Project Cars 2: a "smooth" setting; and another "tactile" setting especially good in VR.

Also note, my actuator positions are identical to what Thanos' recommends in his documentation: #1 - left rear; #2 - left front; #3 - right front; #4 - right rear.
-----
Axis Allocations

This is relatively simple. Generally, you want the totals to add to no more than about 130-150%. you could go more, but you risk clipping. Here's the axis allocations I use for PC2. I like my rig to have a nice amount of pitch and roll, to simulate going up and down hills, and around banking. To access the axis allocations, open the "game engine" icon in the Windows Task bar.

And before anyone asks. No, I don't map in traction loss on my rigs. I never really found it convincing in the SFX actuators, and frankly, my OSW wheel is better at giving cues for that force. You may feel differently. In which case, add the traction loss axis like the "sway" settings, perhaps at 15-20%. Whatever you like here.

Axis allocation for PC2, screen 1

Axis allocation for PC2, screen 2

Don't forget to hit "Save" after you adjust these settings. Note the orange checkboxes in these screens. They're critical. This tells Simtools which direction to apply force. Note that surge/sway is the REVERSE of pitch/roll. You may prefer sway in the opposite direction (especially if using this profile with a monitor; my sway setting is really tuned for VR). Feel free to reverse the "sway" boxes; try it both ways.
-----
Tuning Center

Next, let's cover the tuning center inputs. This is what calibrates the telemetry output to the range of motion of the controller. Telemetry output varies from sim to sim. We have to establish the range for each force. This is done in the tuning center (right click "Game Engine" in the Windows task bar, and you'll see "tuning center" as one of the options, left click that to open)

These values are very counter-intuitive. The LOWER the number, the GREATER amount of motion for a given axis. This is because we're setting the point at which each force will provide the entire range of motion set in the axis allocations.

Here's my inputs for PC2.

Tuning Center for PC2

You may have to check the green box above each axis to red to be able to enter these numbers. Tuning this screen is much of where you establish the "feel" for each sim. Don't forget to hit "Save New Settings" here if you change these numbers. Note the assymetry in "surge". This is to provide a nice gear change effect on the SFX-100.
-----
Profile Settings

The final tuning option is the "intensity" and "profile settings" for each game. This is found in the "game manager" portion of Simtools.

The single most important thing here is the "intensity" setting. Think of this a smoothing filter, and it has a HUGE effect. The difference between 100 and 99 is enormous. 100 is raw, unfiltered. 99 is pretty heavily smoothed. I basically think of the difference between these 2 as a switch.

I use the following 2 settings here. I save them separately, and can switch just by recalling each preset. Here's the "smooth" setting:

PC2 "Smooth" Profile setting

The second "editor" screen allows you to fine-tune each axis forces. I don't adjust them in my "smooth" setting. If you want more of a particular force, this is a good place to increase that. It will automatically save your setting in the selected profile name whenever you change this.

Here's my VR setting, it's quite a bit more tactile, and will shake your rig quite a bit more:
PC2 "VR/tactile" profile setting

As this setting is quite a bit more intense (since its unfiltered, intensity=100), I reduce several axis in this profile to keep things reasonable. You can up these settings as much as you want or can handle. Both of these profiles will tilt your rig nicely when going up/down hills. Try it out at Spa or Watkins Glen (among my 2 favorite tracks).

So, there you go. Good luck! Let me know how you tune your sim and how you like the results.

Last edited:
Thano's controller has been working great with my SFX setup. I thought new users might appreciate some settings for a few popular sims, to help you get started. I'm a big fan of Project Cars 2, and it's my main sim, so this was the first sim I did some serious tuning with. I also feel PC2 has the best VR integration and navigation, it just works great in VR with few hassles. So, here's my PC2 profiles for use with Thanos controller.
----------------
I should say upfront, I also run a motion chair with the SFX, so I've tuned down the surge/sway movements on the SFX just a bit. These profiles still work great on their own, as you'll see. With motion, less is more, of course. With these profiles as a starting point, it's pretty easy to modify various forces up or down to your taste.

As a general comment, there's 3 very important elements to any profile. 1) the axis allocations, 2) the tuning center limits, and 3) the "intensity" level setting. I'll cover each one here and give 2 examples for Project Cars 2: a "smooth" setting; and another "tactile" setting especially good in VR.
-----
Axis Allocations

This is relatively simple. Generally, you want the totals to add to no more than about 130-150%. you could go more, but you risk clipping. Here's the axis allocations I use for PC2. I like my rig to have a nice amount of pitch and roll, to simulate going up and down hills, and around banking. To access the axis allocations, open the "game engine" icon in the Windows Task bar.

And before anyone asks. No, I don't map in traction loss on my rigs. I never really found it convincing in the SFX actuators, and frankly, my OSW wheel is better at giving cues for that force. You may feel differently. In which case, add the traction loss axis like the "sway" settings, perhaps at 15-20%. Whatever you like here.

Axis allocation for PC2, screen 1

Axis allocation for PC2, screen 2

Note the orange checkboxes in these screens. They're critical. This tells Simtools which direction to apply force. Note that surge/sway is the REVERSE of pitch/roll. You may prefer sway in the opposite direction (especially if now using VR). Fee free to reverse the "sway" boxes; try it both ways.
-----
Tuning Center

Next, let's cover the tuning center inputs. This is what calibrates the telemetry output to the range of motion of the controller. Telemetry output varies from sim to sim. We have to establish the range for each force. This is done in the tuning center (right click game manager in the Windows task bar, and you'll see "tuning center", left click that to open)(edited)

These values are very counter-intuitive. The LOWER the number, the GREATER amount of motion for a given axis. This is because we're setting the point at which each force will provide the entire range of motion set in the axis allocations.

Here's my inputs for PC2.

Tuning Center for PC2

You may have to check the green box above each axis to red to be able to enter these numbers. Tuning this screen is much of where you establish the "feel" for each sim. Don't forget to hit "Save New Settings" here if you change these numbers. Note the assymetry in "surge". This is to provide a nice gear change effect on the SFX-100.
-----
Profile Settings

The final tuning option is the "intensity" and "profile settings" for each game. This is found in the "game manager" portion of Simtools.

The single most important thing here is the "intensity" setting. Think of this a smoothing filter, and it has a HUGE effect. The difference between 100 and 99 is enormous. 100 is raw, unfiltered. 99 is pretty heavily smoothed. I basically think of the difference between these 2 as a switch.

I use the following 2 settings here. I save them separately, and can switch just by recalling each preset. Here's the "smooth" setting:

The second "editor" screen allows you to fine-tune each axis forces. I don't adjust them in my "smooth" setting. If you want more of a particular force, this is a good place to increase that. It will automatically save your setting in the selected profile name whenever you change this.

Here's my VR setting, it's quite a bit more tactile, and will shake your rig quite a bit more:

As this setting is quite a bit more intense (since its unfiltered, intensity=100), I reduce several axis in this profile to keep things reasonable. You can up these settings as much as you want or can handle. Both of these profiles will tilt your rig nicely when going up/down hills. Try it out at Spa or Watkins Glen (among my 2 favorite tracks).

So, there you go. Good luck! Let me know how you tune your sim and how you like the results.

I didn't see anywhere the actuator numbering on your rig, I assume its same as defined in the AMC-AASD15A manual?

Last edited:
Yes, my actuator numbers are identical to what Thanos posts and recommends in his documentation. I edited my post to reflect this info. Thanks!

#1 - left rear
#2 - left front
#3 - right front
#4 - right rear

Im in the final Stange on putting my sfx 100 together (actuators done and servos on delivery tomorrow) for ppl that have used both SimFeedback and simtool what do you like best and what is the easyest for one that havent setup A motion rig before?

Realy like when i can find where i can get some preset setups i Just can tweek alitelbit and enjoy it since i dont have to mutch time Tuning.

Looking at this controller since simtool have so mutch bether sports on games.

I have both simtools and simfeedback, but simfeedback is much easier to setup for first time users.

Simfeedback profiles will also be more general applicable since people are running on identical setups.
Simtools has better game support, but simfeedback is catching up really quick. Right now there's not a single sim i can think of that does not have support. Adjustment can be made using a graph in the expert mode (after donation), which is genius. All you need to do is drag a dot to change your profiles.

Simtools supports auto game select which is a plus, but the plugins are not generally free available.
You have to buy a download package on xsimulator, even after you have bought simtools or spend a lot of time posting on the forum to earn points.

I really like the Thanos controller for the piece of hardware it is, but right now i don't see any advantage in using simtools instead of simfeedback.

Very very soon, simfeedback will have features like : on the fly intensity adjustments, start/stop button from your buttonbox and even the possibilty to make adjustments in VR

One area where simfeedback is really lacking is flight sim support. That's changing too, but at a incredibly slow rate, mainly due to a extreme lack of interest from other SFX100 builders. I find it bizarre that racing sim fans ( especially with motion rigs) have zero desire to do at least a little flight simming. Then again, I've always had a interest in aviation, but I guess others could care less about it.

Last edited:
I personally prefer the feel I have been getting from Simtools, Simfeedback is more intuitive to understand initially but the method for making adjustments with the mouse I find aggravating relative to editing values in Simtools, Working with multiple profiles in Simtools however is also not ideal, I recommend setting up all your profiles in 'advanced' axis mode otherwise you can't access the anti-rollover feature for flight sims and it doesn't smoothly change profile between standard and advanced axis allocations (you ideally need to stick with one or the other)..

Not that it makes a massive difference but I am able to run 110mm stroke also on the Thanos controller, and the EMI / ground loop protection on his interface is far better than the bare-bones Arduino Leonardo. It took a LOT of fiddling to get my VR headset to work with the Simfeedback interface, whereas with the AMC interface it worked out of the box, (you can't touch the headset too much but initially with Simfeedback it wasn't usable, constantly dropping the tracking while driving). I was able to resolve it eventually with an EMI filtering power strip and separating the power for the Servo Drivers but there was a fair bit of faffing around to figure out what worked.

In short, both have their merits and opportunity costs but people will probably lean one way or the other depending on their use cases.

Thanks for the answer guys ill try out SimFeedback first and see how i like it. Hopefully have every thing up and Running before the weekend so i can enjoy racing then.

Have to rebuild my rig so it can Keep up with the motion and get my tripples of the rig aswell.

But Will Keep following this and maby get A card alitel later on since i enjoy some of the arcades from time to time aswell

Awsome work on this one Thanos

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea