Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Have you tried wrapping the servo motor power Wires in aluminum foil with a stripped back bare copper wire wrapped up and plugged into the ground like I mentioned above. It's super likely that you have no sheilding in your cable.

Better to treat the source than the symptom.

If this fixes it buy shielded cable and replace the current junk.

Ok I have figured out that the root of the problem appears to be the TL actuator which is different from the rest. With it unplugged I can power on everything else and get no grey screen, so long as the hmd cable is wrapped through the ferrite tube 4 or 5x. If I take the ferrite off, then the other actuators will also cause grey screen even with the TL actuator powered off.

This has to mean that the TL actuator is emitting a different frequency of EMI that these ferrite cores are not rated for, right?

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
Hey, guys, good news, Thanos AASD-15A controller metal cover finished, it's a new milestone for this solution.
I have been developing a variation of my AMC1280USB controller that can connect to the AASD-15A servos directly, providing compatibility with simtools or other motion software compatible with AMC1280USB. I have been asked repeatedly if this was possible to connect these DIY AASD-15A servo actuators with Simtools for the last months, so I made one, and since I was at it, I added more axis, so now its possible with it to build a nice ultra cheap 6DOF platform with servomotors, or a 4DOF with TL etc.

The controller is designed to be plug and play, and allow custom size actuators from 100mm to 400mm, with resolution of 5000 to 20000 positions. I already finished preliminary tests and looks promising.

https://youtu.be/MyzC6FRNSFs

The new controller board will have DB25 connectors on it for plug and play operation (no need of making wiring etc) and can support up to 7 actuators (7th is auxiliary). Automatic detection system will be in place to recognize if a motor is plugged on power up or removed and plugged in again while in operation and will perform automatically home calibration using hard stop detection.

View attachment 305214

View attachment 305216

View attachment 305217

I have ordered some AMC-AASD15A prototype boards to be made and will be ready in a week or two. In meantime I continue to program the firmware on my old trusty AMC1280USB controller. Actually anyone thet has an AMC1280USB should be able to wire these servos easily using DB25 breakout connectors. I'll provide connections diagram and firmware at a later time for this. Now focusing on the new controller.

Thanks
Thanos

微信图片_20190813154749.jpg

The new actuators are currently tested 24/7 on a AMC-AASD15A (automatic test) to verify endurance or mechanical issues...

Very nice. Just a suggestion, would be better add some load on for such testing?

Question: is this actuator designed for both pull and push equal capacity for load?
In other words, if I buy 6 of these to install in fashion of up side down for my 6dof rig, mainly use pulling strength instead of push. Would it work?

Great work! Thanks

The metal enclosure looks super. I'd also recommend the 3D printed enclosure; Thanos has the STL files for this on his Github page. It really is a beautiful enclosure, and so very-well designed. The Thanos board has a couple of daughter boards underneath; the 3D-printed enclosure has mounting tabs for these that fit perfectly. You really can't go wrong with this.

Bonus: Thanos knows how to ground a circuit properly, his board doesn't suffer from ground loop problems over the USB connector that many Arduino-based controllers have. This also means that a metal enclosure - while nice - isn't strictly necessary to solve EMI issues.

The metal enclosure looks super. I'd also recommend the 3D printed enclosure; Thanos has the STL files for this on his Github page. It really is a beautiful enclosure, and so very-well designed. The Thanos board has a couple of daughter boards underneath; the 3D-printed enclosure has mounting tabs for these that fit perfectly. You really can't go wrong with this.

Bonus: Thanos knows how to ground a circuit properly, his board doesn't suffer from ground loop problems over the USB connector that many Arduino-based controllers have. This also means that a metal enclosure - while nice - isn't strictly necessary to solve EMI issues.

I don't know if you noticed but the DB25 connectors case is not touching the metal enclosure so there is no chance for the metal enclosure to conduct the ground from the servos, isolating it same way as the 3D printed enclosure. All was designed carefully to avoid any issues.

Last edited:
The new firmware for AMC-AASD15A is almost done. It will allow now use of 7 servos (by adding a connector on the Servo7-aux pins) and features output of the state of the controller (parked, standby, online, e-stop). A simple RBG led can be used for this.

Thanks
Thanos

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes