Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Does the high pitch whine have any relation to EMI or are the two completely unrelated? Was hoping if I could manage to reduce this whine it may help with my tracking issues I am having with my Index.

See my opinion on the matter about EMI above. My best guess would be to place choke filters on the cables of the index and any other device that is connected to the PC (even the USB cable for the AMC controller).

Also another way to battle with the EMI is to using proper filter on the power lines from the source, that works both ways, blocks EMI from and to the power line:
https://www.digikey.com/product-det...MIpbb9vsLu4wIVBNNkCh3DxA2JEAQYASABEgJ6J_D_BwE

Last edited:
The EMI issues are a serious thing for those of us who stay in VR. One guy was saying that his Valve Index is gray screening on him whenever his SFX-100 is running. As it is I have no such issues with my NLRv3.

See my opinion on the matter about EMI above. My best guess would be to place choke filters on the cables of the index and any other device that is connected to the PC (even the USB cable for the AMC controller).

One of the guys has already tried this and it still didn't fix the issues he was having.

ferrite-jpg.318241

One of the guys has already tried this and it still didn't fix the issues he was having.

ferrite-jpg.318241

Like a added later on my above post, another way to battle with the EMI is to using proper filter on the power lines from the source, that works both ways, blocks EMI from and to the power line:
https://www.digikey.com/product-det...MIpbb9vsLu4wIVBNNkCh3DxA2JEAQYASABEgJ6J_D_BwE

The thinking is that it will block EMI propagate from the power line to the PC power that way...

Are you going to run it inline to a 15A outlet strip feeding all your electronics?
Are you currently using a 110->220V step up transformer to drive your actuators?

If you guys are having trouble with EMI then check your cables. I've bought motors at many different sizes from both mige and no name aliexpress distributors. Each time I've asked for grounded and shielded cables. Each time they say oh yes of course no problem. Each time the cables have been unshielded. I had trouble with a mige direct drive wheel with my vive until I made my own cable for the power that was shielded and that solved it forever.

By the way I first checked that was the problem by wrapping the cable in aluminum foil and wrapping up a ground wire in it from the driver so its grounded. Pretty easy to try before investing in proper shielded cables.

I just want to confirm this is wired correctly? Left is going to outlet, right is going to power converter. What should I do with the ground from the power converter?

View attachment 319122

Can you take photos of the filter connectors? I can't see if there is only one ground connection or not.

If there is only one ground connection, connect the ground from the power converter side (that is not connected right now) to the same ground connector as the ground coming from the line (single point ground).

Can you take photos of the filter connectors? I can't see if there is only one ground connection or not.

If there is only one ground connection, connect the ground from the power converter side (that is not connected right now) to the same ground connector as the ground coming from the line (single point ground).

Yes there is only one ground connector on the line side on the left.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back