Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello,

Thank you very much for your work, a great tool! I'm trying to configure it to use my SF1000 and I have the problem that any setting I change in Telemetry Tool v12.2, it doesn't save. Despite selecting "save and close" and restarting Telemetry Tool, the setting changes are not saved.

I have tried in several of the different simulators profiles (RF2, AMS, etc...) as well as in General Settings and none of them are saved. Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Hmm, I can think of two different options, why the saving fails
1) You installed the tool in the 'C:\Program files', and also put the data directory to be there. (Installing in 'program files' is ok, and the first run should prevent to have data directory there too, but it could happen). So to fix this, first go to the Tool, open 'Settings --> Base Settings'. Check where is the lapdata dir. If you installed in the 'program files' and the data is 'at install directory', change the directory to something else. This is because the tool is not running as Admin, it cannot edit files under the 'program files'. Or you could run the Tool in Admin mode and then the Tool can edit files. Better solution is to move the data/lapdata directory somewhere else

2) Your Antivirus is blocking the Tool for writing on files. Check the AV logs and allow the tool to access the directory, where the lapdata is located (e.g. under the \users\<your user name>\<some nice directory>)

Cheers.

Hmm, I can think of two different options, why the saving fails
1) You installed the tool in the 'C:\Program files', and also put the data directory to be there. (Installing in 'program files' is ok, and the first run should prevent to have data directory there too, but it could happen). So to fix this, first go to the Tool, open 'Settings --> Base Settings'. Check where is the lapdata dir. If you installed in the 'program files' and the data is 'at install directory', change the directory to something else. This is because the tool is not running as Admin, it cannot edit files under the 'program files'. Or you could run the Tool in Admin mode and then the Tool can edit files. Better solution is to move the data/lapdata directory somewhere else

2) Your Antivirus is blocking the Tool for writing on files. Check the AV logs and allow the tool to access the directory, where the lapdata is located (e.g. under the \users\<your user name>\<some nice directory>)

Cheers.
SOLVED!!! SUPER THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Bonjour et merci pour votre travail

je l'outil fonctionne bien mais impossible de le faire fonctionner avec rf2 pourtant j'ai tout les paramètre enregistré ok mais rien ne ce passe sur le volant.

Pouvez vous m aider?

Bonjour et merci pour votre travail

je l'outil fonctionne bien mais impossible de le faire fonctionner avec rf2 pourtant j'ai tout les paramètre enregistré ok mais rien ne ce passe sur le volant.

Pouvez vous m aider?

Bonjour, avez-vous copié le telemetrytoolplugin.dll dans le répertoire plugin de rF2 ?

(Hi, did you copy the telemetrytoolplugin.dll into the plugin directory of rF2?)

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2

Version 12.3 is here.

It took much longer than expected to get this out.

Notable rF2 changes/fixes:
  • -Updated the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll and optimized bit the data sending. Replace the old TelemetryToolPlugin.dll in the rF2 plugins directory with the one in bin directory.
  • Fixed race history saving. Now even if you do just one single race, the race history + timing data will be saved (if enabled from the settings)
  • Added Grip level to the Driving pane
  • Added GEAR...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i'Ve got tool v. 12.3 but my TM sf1000 doesn't work on RF2. i have followed the instructions. how i can do? i need to download an older version?

It works mate. Just follow the directions he gave us. It's only 5 steps and you are working.

To use the tool:
1) download the .zip and unzip it to some directory in your system (on Windows can be put also under 'Program files'),
2) from the unzipped package, take the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll in the bin/rf2 directory and copy it to your rFactor 2's 64bit plugin directory. The plugin reads the data from rFactor 2 and sends it over UDP to port 10101. (The port cannot change yet, but I might do that later, if there is need for that).
3) Start the Tool once with the runWinLauncher.bat (or on Linux/Mac with the .sh file). The Tool will ask for location of data files etc on first run.
4) Restart the Tool (with with Launcher + choose rFactor2 or use the runwin_RF2.bat file)
5) Start rFactor 2. If the plugin is active, when you start driving around, the data should get updated (e.g. on the Driving pane). Note that when driving out from pit, it takes bit before data arrives and if you change to AI control, the data gets wonky.

Check the ReadMe.txt for more help e.g. on install on Linux/Mac.

Hello I’m trying to get this setup with my SF1000 and rfactor 2. I have the IP address set correctly on the wheel and can see the screen working in game but I only get a lap counter, revs, gears and everything else on the sf1000 screen doesn’t work at all. Any help would be appreciated

Version 12.4 is here.

Notable RFactor2 changes/fixes:
Other notable additions:
  • All relays have been updated
  • AC: new plugin to mitigate conflicts with other plugins
  • ACC: tyre wear data entry + many ACC related optimizations + 1.9 DLC updates, including Valencia trackmap
  • AMS2: New Nordschleife 1971...

I have the same issue as kevden45. The tool is running and get the data out of rf2 but it looks like the udp connection does not work.
You mean you cannot get any data from rF2 to the Tool? Or that there is no data coming to the SF1000?

If there is no data coming to the Tool, make sure you have installed the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll to the bin64\plugins directory in rFactor2 install dir and also that the plugin is activated in the game (you see this via Settings -- Gameplay'.

The make sure the Tool is started in rFactor2 mode and that it is listening to the UDP port 10101.

You might want to restart the game and tool once after this all is setup correctly. If you after restart get the data to the Tool, then you can look at doing the UDP forward.

First make sure, the SF1000 is connected to the same Wifi network, where you run the Telemetry Tool. Then enable the F12019/F12020 mode in the wheel. When this is done correctly, you will see the IP address + Port in the SF1000 setup screen. If this is ok, you can enable the UDP forward.

Setup one of the UDP forwards to send the data to the IP address shown on SF1000 setup screen. Port must be 20777. Select as data mode F1 2020 and also enable the UDP forward. Now you have to restart the Tool.

When you start driving, it might take bit time to start getting the data, i.e. typically on the first out-lap you must drive out of the pits for the data to start flowing.

Cheers.

Is there also a possibility to add mod tracks to the application aswell? If help is needed I would like to even though I don't really have a good understanding of the plugin :roflmao:

Is there also a possibility to add mod tracks to the application aswell? If help is needed I would like to even though I don't really have a good understanding of the plugin :roflmao:
Or mod cars, as I use multiple of those in league's and they don't seem to run as good as the official content.

When you encounter a new track in rF2, which has not yet been seen, the track info gets saved into <data dir>\tracks\rf2\rf2_tracks_added.csv and after that it will be selectable from the track dropdown.

If you mean the track maps, it is quite simple to add them, but it can be quite time consuming.

With rF2 first you need to enable trackfile saving (by editing the settings\rf2\settings.xml
Find the following line and change the save_track_files from false to true, like below
<!-- Save file containing just the line driven -->
<entry key="save_track_files">true</entry>
This generates track files into the tracks\rf2 directory. These files look like
sepang_grand_prix_trackfile.track14_264646500
Here the text prior the 'trackfile' text is the track name in the tool. And the extension '.track14_264646500' is just time + nanoseconds to make sure, the trackfiles don't get overwritten.

If you do nothing, the Tool will create the trackmap based on fastest lap data, which is called racingline_player.

But if you want to create better map, here is how you do it.

There are 3 level of trackmaps
1) Simple, only drive along the centerline of the map. Let's use the name from above. Now you rename the file to
sepang_grand_prix_centerline.track
When you change in the Tool from e.g. next track and then back to sepang, the Tool will use that file for the track centerline. After 12.0, the default trackmap with only centerline data will use the centerline to generate the trackmap.

2) Simple, but with real track boundaries.
Now to make bit better trackmap, you drive slowly along the tracks outerlimit, then do another lap, then one where you drive along the innerlimit of the track. This will create 3 track files, where you rename the first to
sepang_grand_prix_outerlimit.track
and the third lap to
sepang_grand_prix_innerlimit.track
Now if you have done it correctly, again change track and then back to Sepang, you will see the trackmap. So if you have the outerlimit and innerlimit, then the Tool will use those for the trackmap.

Creating centerline + the outer and inner limits takes 5 laps, i.e. about 10 minutes per track.

3) More detailed
So if you want to add the racing line, best is to enable in the game the racingline and then drive along that line. Then rename the generated track file to
sepang_grand_prix_racingline.track
Now if you look at the Map, the racing line is available.

If you want to add the pitlane on the map, you have to do it like this. Do a lap, where you drive into pits, leave pits and then return to pits. Now rename this line to
sepang_grand_prix_pitlane.track
You can edit the file and move the first sector data to the end of the file and remove the 2nd sector data totally. I typically edit the pitlane file, so that the trace starts at the point where you would start driving to the pits (from center of track).

To add the "boundaries", you drive around the outer boundary (i.e. track area outside limit) and then inside limit and rename the file s to
sepang_grand_prix_boundaries.track
sepang_grand_prix_inner_boundaries.track

My 'standard operating procedure' to create these traces is to drive the laps in this order 'out lap' - 'outerlimit trace' - lap - 'centerline trace' - lap - 'racingline trace' - lap - 'innerlimit trace' - lap - 'boundaries trace' - lap - 'inner boundaries trace' - in-lap - 'out-lap + inlap for pitlane trace'.

Depending bit on the track, to create the 7 track lines, you have to drive typically minimum 15 laps, so 2 minutes per lap means 30 minutes of driving (with Nordschleife full map would take 7 * 10 minutes + 8 * 15 minutes = 3h 10min)

And for this I also enable the debug feed, so I can redo the laps on the Tool, if needed.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Same applies to mod cars, they get also added to the <data dir>\track\rf2\rf2_cars_added.csv file and are then used in the Tool.
Hiya - I've got an SF1000 and want to get Rf2 data. Everything is in correctly, I've got the plugin installed and enabled. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, the telemetry isn't even detected, when I change map it still shows Monza in the tool. Could you message me back on Discord - Jasontayone#7600
1686586088938.png

Last edited:
Hiya - I've got an SF1000 and want to get Rf2 data. Everything is in correctly, I've got the plugin installed and enabled. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, the telemetry isn't even detected, when I change map it still shows Monza in the tool. Could you message me back on Discord - Jasontayone#7600View attachment 671068
First make sure you get data to the Tool. So you have to have the TelemetryToolPlugin installed and working. When it is there, then the data should come to the Tool. Now when you get the data to the Tool, you can start working on getting the data from the Tool to SF1000. For that, the Wheel must be connected to Wifi (you will see the IP address on the screen) and you have to enable the F1 2020 mode in the wheel.

Cheers.

First make sure you get data to the Tool. So you have to have the TelemetryToolPlugin installed and working. When it is there, then the data should come to the Tool. Now when you get the data to the Tool, you can start working on getting the data from the Tool to SF1000. For that, the Wheel must be connected to Wifi (you will see the IP address on the screen) and you have to enable the F1 2020 mode in the wheel.

Cheers.
Yep, the plugin is installed, wifi connected. It works on AC, but the data doesn't transfer from Rf2.

Hello,

V13 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Notable rF2 related changes are:
  • Preliminary tyre type data/coloring added to relevant views.
  • New multi-car session history statistics shows many data, like laptimes averages (last 3, since pitstop, all valid laps etc), laps since pitstop etc. for all cars in the race
  • Fuel need estimate calculator...

Yep, the plugin is installed, wifi connected. It works on AC, but the data doesn't transfer from Rf2.
Hi,

Bit late, but you could try this with the new V13.

Make sure the Plugin is in the right place in rFactor2 install (i.e. <rfactor base>\bin64\plugins ) and that you can see the plugin via rFactor, i.e. that it is enabled.

Open command prompt and change to the directory where you installed to Tool.
cd <directory where you installed the Telemetry tool>
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.RunOnlyServer RF2

This should start the "server only" instance of the tool. You should see something like this:
TEST SERVER
Running in RF 2 mode/server only mode
17:07:39.050000100 O: nonllkkd
Starting
127.0.0.1:10101

Now open rF2 and start driving. On the command prompt you should see text appearing, if the Plugin is working and sends data. If that does not happen, then there is something wrong with the way the plugin has been installed or that it is not active.

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea