Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello my dear friend!
Your program is the perfect tool for the rfactor 2 simulator!
I use Motec but it doesn't have live playback.
I figured out the basic tools of your program, but I didn’t find channels that are very important for car tuning, namely the tire surface temperatures in individual zones, that is, the temperature of the outer tire, the temperature of the middle of the tire and the temperature of the inner section of the tire.
while this data is visible on most tabs, it is not on the telemetry tab.
I tried to add them through the math channels item, but these added channels constantly show zero. I still can't figure out if this is a bug or I'm misunderstanding something.
thanks for the reply in advance!

Hello my dear friend!
Your program is the perfect tool for the rfactor 2 simulator!
I use Motec but it doesn't have live playback.
I figured out the basic tools of your program, but I didn’t find channels that are very important for car tuning, namely the tire surface temperatures in individual zones, that is, the temperature of the outer tire, the temperature of the middle of the tire and the temperature of the inner section of the tire.
while this data is visible on most tabs, it is not on the telemetry tab.
I tried to add them through the math channels item, but these added channels constantly show zero. I still can't figure out if this is a bug or I'm misunderstanding something.
thanks for the reply in advance!
Hello,

Your prayers have been heard.

In V13 the Tool now saves the IMO temps for the games, which provide that data, including rFactor 2. So from now on when you drive rFactor 2 and collect the data with version 13, you will have the IMO temps stored. Please note that old laps done with pre-v13 don't have the IMO temps.

So to see those values in telemetry channels,
1) go to 'Workspace',
2) there press the '+' sign,
3) scroll down to rows with names like 'Tyre FL Inside', 'Tyre FL Middle', 'Tyre FL Outside'. These are the IMO temps for FL (Front Left).
4) Select one and click Add. Now you have added one new channel to the Workspace.
5) You can edit each channel to show e.g. derivative, smooth the line etc.
And when you have set the workspace to your liking, remember to save it. This actually saves the graph settings, not data. So you can later use the same 'data settings' for different dataset. You can have e.g. one workspace for Suspension work, one cornering etc.

You can also see the development of the IMO temps in the 'Statistics table graphs' over the course of the race.

The workspace is not yet using live data, but that is now under development.

Cheers.

Hello,

Your prayers have been heard.

In V13 the Tool now saves the IMO temps for the games, which provide that data, including rFactor 2. So from now on when you drive rFactor 2 and collect the data with version 13, you will have the IMO temps stored. Please note that old laps done with pre-v13 don't have the IMO temps.

So to see those values in telemetry channels,
1) go to 'Workspace',
2) there press the '+' sign,
3) scroll down to rows with names like 'Tyre FL Inside', 'Tyre FL Middle', 'Tyre FL Outside'. These are the IMO temps for FL (Front Left).
4) Select one and click Add. Now you have added one new channel to the Workspace.
5) You can edit each channel to show e.g. derivative, smooth the line etc.
And when you have set the workspace to your liking, remember to save it. This actually saves the graph settings, not data. So you can later use the same 'data settings' for different dataset. You can have e.g. one workspace for Suspension work, one cornering etc.

You can also see the development of the IMO temps in the 'Statistics table graphs' over the course of the race.

The workspace is not yet using live data, but that is now under development.

Cheers.
Good evening, friend! I did everything according to your description, added the front left wheel for the test, but on the graph the lines always show zero. although I want to remind you that on the "Driving" tab, the temperature of the zones is shown. I offer screenshots below.

Attachments

• 2023-06-21 231320.png
    2023-06-21 231320.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 2023-06-21 231439.png
    2023-06-21 231439.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 41
Good evening, friend! I did everything according to your description, added the front left wheel for the test, but on the graph the lines always show zero. although I want to remind you that on the "Driving" tab, the temperature of the zones is shown. I offer screenshots below.
Hi, did you take new lap or data from on old lap.

Laps driven with telemetry tool V12 or earlier did not have the data. I also had took some liberties on using the tyre internal temperatures, as they are more stable. The surface IMOs just fluctuate too much. I have now made a beta version, where you can decide to use either the surface or internal IMO temperatures. I will send you details via PM.

Cheers.

Hi,

Bit late, but you could try this with the new V13.

Make sure the Plugin is in the right place in rFactor2 install (i.e. <rfactor base>\bin64\plugins ) and that you can see the plugin via rFactor, i.e. that it is enabled.

Open command prompt and change to the directory where you installed to Tool.
cd <directory where you installed the Telemetry tool>
bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.RunOnlyServer RF2

This should start the "server only" instance of the tool. You should see something like this:
TEST SERVER
Running in RF 2 mode/server only mode
17:07:39.050000100 O: nonllkkd
Starting
127.0.0.1:10101

Now open rF2 and start driving. On the command prompt you should see text appearing, if the Plugin is working and sends data. If that does not happen, then there is something wrong with the way the plugin has been installed or that it is not active.

Cheers.
I installed the new version and it still doesn't work. I don't understand what you mean by opening a command prompt, because when I use RUnWinLauncher and do Rf2 all it does is open the tool, no command prompt. Do you have a discord or something else I can contact you on, as this has so far taken 2 months? Thanks.
1688328774053.png

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2

Version 13.1 is here

Notable changes
  • Many fixes to the multicar data system for F1 2018-F1 23, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, R3E and rF2. Now it is in state, it should have been at 13.0 release.
  • rFactor 2, added option to 'Settings --> General Settings' to make the Tool use the surface IMO temps. (by default it uses the more stable inner IMO temps.
  • Many F1 23 related fixes and new data usages, where feasible.
  • Fixed issue, where it was not possible to load loaded laps from multilap...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I installed the new version and it still doesn't work. I don't understand what you mean by opening a command prompt, because when I use RUnWinLauncher and do Rf2 all it does is open the tool, no command prompt. Do you have a discord or something else I can contact you on, as this has so far taken 2 months? Thanks.View attachment 676664
I don't do discord. I help if I see there is good reason to help. If you don't know what is 'command prompt', then you might be beyond my patience to provide help.

The Tool works with rFactor 2 for other people, and I currently see it being used on daily basis, so this leads me to suspect one of the following:
1) You have not put the plugin into the right place and/or it has not been activated from rF2.
2) You have fiddled with the network settings (for which there is no need, as defaults settings should be fine for most of the people). Because of this, the Tool is not receiving the data.

So, make sure the plugin is in the right place and enabled in the game. Then make sure the Tool uses the default settings for getting data from rF2

Cheers.

I installed the new version and it still doesn't work. I don't understand what you mean by opening a command prompt, because when I use RUnWinLauncher and do Rf2 all it does is open the tool, no command prompt. Do you have a discord or something else I can contact you on, as this has so far taken 2 months? Thanks.

I don't do discord. I help if I see there is good reason to help. If you don't know what is 'command prompt', then you might be beyond my patience to provide help.

The Tool works with rFactor 2 for other people, and I currently see it being used on daily basis, so this leads me to suspect one of the following:
1) You have not put the plugin into the right place and/or it has not been activated from rF2.
2) You have fiddled with the network settings (for which there is no need, as defaults settings should be fine for most of the people). Because of this, the Tool is not receiving the data.

So, make sure the plugin is in the right place and enabled in the game. Then make sure the Tool uses the default settings for getting data from rF2

Cheers.
Well, the tool works perfectly on AC, The plugin is installed, up to date, and enabled. I don't know what more I can do. I haven't touched Network settings as it works on AC. I know what a command prompt is, as it comes up when I open the AC tool. But I just don't get it. I would like to add, my aim is to get this to send Data to my SF1000, That is my main reason for using this tool, Dont know if that makes a difference but yea.

Here is a video of what happens -

Attachments

• 1688334985926.png
    1688334985926.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Well, the tool works perfectly on AC, The plugin is installed, up to date, and enabled. I don't know what more I can do. I haven't touched Network settings as it works on AC. I know what a command prompt is, as it comes up when I open the AC tool. But I just don't get it.

Here is a video of what happens-

Cheers.
Got it working, had to change the listen port to 10101.

With rF2 first you need to enable trackfile saving (by editing the settings\rf2\settings.xml
Find the following line and change the save_track_files from false to true, like below
<!-- Save file containing just the line driven -->
<entry key="save_track_files">true</entry>
This generates track files into the tracks\rf2 directory. These files look like
sepang_grand_prix_trackfile.track14_264646500
Here the text prior the 'trackfile' text is the track name in the tool. And the extension '.track14_264646500' is j
Where is the settings xml file exactly? I need to enable that setting in the file for it to save tracks that do not come with the tool correct? Also it seems that the tool does not work at all for me on tracks where it doesn’t have a track file for. Is that correct? For example, I am road Atlanta and it shows Monza, and telemetry doesn’t work. Everything works fine when I drive at monza though. So I assume this is because I don’t have a track file for road Atlanta. Appreciate any help, thanks

Where is the settings xml file exactly? I need to enable that setting in the file for it to save tracks that do not come with the tool correct? Also it seems that the tool does not work at all for me on tracks where it doesn’t have a track file for. Is that correct? For example, I am road Atlanta and it shows Monza, and telemetry doesn’t work. Everything works fine when I drive at monza though. So I assume this is because I don’t have a track file for road Atlanta. Appreciate any help, thanks
The xml files for rF2 are in the <datadir>\Settings\rf2 directory. So to save the trackfiles, you need to edit the settings.xml file there.

The tool should automatically change the track (if you are on 13.x version), even if there is new previously unknown track. If it does not change automatically to a new (unknown track), restart the Tool as it will then reload the tracklist.

Cheers.

How come when installing version 13.1 only the timer will work on SF1000 in RF2? When im on 12.4 most of the things work..
Will the rev lights ever work proberly?
Hmm, I need to investigate this. I changed some internal values from seconds to milliseconds and this might be one area, where the change created some issues. I need to check this.

Regarding the Rev lights, if you know for the car, what revs the lights should start, you can edit the car files in the <install dir>\tracks\rf2\rf2_cars_added.csv (or rf2_cars.csv) and set the rev lights start. Here is an example from rf2_cars_added.csv line
1086,"Porsche 991RSR","Porsche 991RSR","GTE",9400.0
So if you know, the 991RSR lights start at 5400 RPM, you change the line to be
1086,"Porsche 991RSR","Porsche 991RSR","GTE",5400,9400.0
Now the Tool will adjust the rev lights to show only between 5400 and 9400 RPM. If you know that the max you ever want to be is e.g. 9150 RPM, you change the line to
1086,"Porsche 991RSR","Porsche 991RSR","GTE",5400,9150.0

Cheers.

Hello, any android app with redirection in the project ? It can be a good idea for one screen player... Thanks
You can use the http-server for this. So enable the http-server via 'Settings --> Network settings' and check the allow remote access. Then restart the Tool, check the IP address of the Tool. If it is e.g. 192.168.4.101, then put into the Android (or iPhone) on browser URL this line
It will open a page with few options to look at the data. It is bit limited, but there is data available if you want to make a "nicer" ui for yourself.

Cheers.

quite confusionary tutorial. Doesn't work.
I put the plugin where it belongs, run runWinLauncher, selected rF2, click on Launch, then I set F1 2O20 format in UDP 1 & 2, set the port and IP to the SF1000's one in UDP 1 & 2. Plugin enabled in rF2, screen still shows Ferrari/TM logos...

Also, no runWin_rF2 in the zipped folder...

Last edited:
Hello to everyone.
Today i got my new T818 with SF1000 wheel.
After 3 hours I managed to get data from rfactor2 to wheel but it shows only time. No RPM lights, no tire data and so on. Is there any chance this will be solved or did I have done something wrong?

quite confusionary tutorial. Doesn't work.
I put the plugin where it belongs, run runWinLauncher, selected rF2, click on Launch, then I set F1 2O20 format in UDP 1 & 2, set the port and IP to the SF1000's one in UDP 1 & 2. Plugin enabled in rF2, screen still shows Ferrari/TM logos...

Also, no runWin_rF2 in the zipped folder...
Hmm, you only need to setup 1 redirect, either 1 or 2. If you do two redirects, that might actually create some odd issues.

No need to use the runWin_rf2.bat, just use the runWin.bat and then use the launcher to start the Tool. If you want to have direct runWin_rf2.bat, you can make a copy of the runWin_f12023.bat and there replace the f123 to rf2 in the --game=RF2 option.

Cheers.

Hello to everyone.
Today i got my new T818 with SF1000 wheel.
After 3 hours I managed to get data from rfactor2 to wheel but it shows only time. No RPM lights, no tire data and so on. Is there any chance this will be solved or did I have done something wrong?
It should work, but the T818 might be causing the issues. I will get mine tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some time to do more testing on that combo to see, if there is anything odd.

Cheers.

It should work, but the T818 might be causing the issues. I will get mine tomorrow, so hopefully I will have some time to do more testing on that combo to see, if there is anything odd.

Cheers.

I found solution as I needed to disable Steam Controller and now I get all data to the wheel.
It works great.
Thank you again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes