Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 - Telemetry tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis + race/pitstop tactic/strategy

Hello,

I have ported my Telemetry Tool for F1 games, AC/ACC, PC2/AMS2, DiRT Rally 2 and KartKraft also for rFactor 2.

You can use the Tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis, but also for race/pitstop tactics/strategy.

To use the tool:
1) download the .zip and unzip it to some directory in your system (on Windows can be put also under 'Program files'),
2) from the unzipped package, take the TelemetryToolPlugin.dll in the bin/rf2 directory and copy it to your rFactor 2's...

Read more about this resource...

Just a note to those using the TM SF1000, you can make it work with rF2 + my Tool in the same way, it worked earlier with ACC and AMS2.

I.e.:
- Make the SF1000 connect to your local network and note the IP address in the wheel
- In the Tool, setup UDP redirect (Settings --> Network Settings) to send out data in 'F1 2020' format, set IP address to be SF1000's IP address (visible on wheel's settings screen) and set IP to 20777.
- Restart the Tool
- Now when you drive rf2 and the Tool is on, you should receive the data also to SF1000.

Cheers.

If there is someone using this Tool on rFactor2, who has all DLCs (I have some, but not all, might buy latest when they are on discount), please let me know. I would need bit help on getting the track + car list completed.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2

A new version 12.1 is out.

In 12.0 and 12.1 the notable new changes are:
Moved to Java 17
- Updated the custom JRE to Java 17
Launcher
- Added option to run feedtester directly from the launcher
Global DB
- Did another data cleaning, you can now see the data from the Global DB from https://racinggametelemetry.com/laptimes.php
- Changed the data of the new window 'Show laptimes from global DB' to show best race laptimes
General
- Some new settings
- F1...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I've been trying to get the tool to work with rfactor2 and the SF1000. The instructions says to put a file in the plugin folder in BIN64. following the path steam/steamapps/rfactor2 I only have a folder called BIN which has a cache folder and nothing else, I can't find a plugin folder anywhere?

Don't worry I've found it, I seem to have the rfactor2 intall split over 2 drives?

Last edited:
If there is someone using this Tool on rFactor2, who has all DLCs (I have some, but not all, might buy latest when they are on discount), please let me know. I would need bit help on getting the track + car list completed.

Cheers.
let me know if you still need help on these, i have pretty much every dlc for rf2

Hi Iko,

Thanks a lot for the great tool you developed.
When I change to the track map view, I see the cars but not the track, is this still under development?

Cheers

Im having some issues with the tool, whenever I am plaing online I cannot get the sf1000 wheel to work, but offline it works without a problem (pic is offline)

Attachments

• 304820849_1277910899612018_142229478584858312_n.jpg
    304820849_1277910899612018_142229478584858312_n.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 152
So if you test the beta, let me know if there are some big issues.

These are the issues I know at the moment:
- Delta is not working (at least in the online races). I will need to test this more as the changes made to adapt the tool for the online races broke some earlier stuff (which worked solely on the offline mode).
- Sometimes laps do not get to saved to the statistics table in online races
- Also occasionally there might be odd laps saved when leaving lap halfway
- Sometimes on the map some cars are pretty twitchy, could be because they have high ping or something else. I will also need to investigate this.

And lastly, sorry for anyone being in online race, where I am testing the Tool. I might be driving super oddly, but I try to stay away from the racing line when people are approaching.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2

Telemetry Tool v12.2 is out

Notable rFactor 2 fixes/changes/additions

rFactor 2
  • Fixed the issue with data from online races not showing correctly.
  • Fixed the issue where Thrustmaster SF1000 wasn't getting data during online races.
  • Added some new data from the game to the Tool, e.g. TyreWear, Engine temperatures, Yaw etc
  • Added FCY data to the tool, e.g. FCY will be shown at top like SC would be shown
  • Added some telemetry data from other cars to the RaceTiming tab...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some notes on the new version.

I have tested this quite a lot on different online/offline modes, but there might still be some oddities.

Here are some issues I have seen:
  • the game reports the race positions wrongly, especially at the start of the race. Does not happen always, but I have had this on two occasions.
  • the mod car names can be pretty odd, thus showing them correctly might not be possible.
  • some cars' data might come less frequently from the game, meaning e.g. that in the map tab the car moves in bigger steps
  • sometimes especially in online races, some cars data/details is not sent, but the telemetry comes through. I have seen this three times, but will see, if this can/needs to be mitigated
The tool will use the fastest lap as basic trackmap, but if you want bit better trackmap, with 12.2, simplest way to make trackmap, is to 1) enable the track map saving, 2) drive on the track's centerline and 3) then rename the created trackfile to <trackname>_centerline.track. If there is only the center line, then the tool will use that as basis for the trackmap.

For future, I might enable the opponent lap saving, as the game provides nice data for that.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Tool for rFactor 2 - Telemetry tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis + race/pitstop tactic/strategy

Read more about this resource...
Hello,

Thank you very much for your work, a great tool! I'm trying to configure it to use my SF1000 and I have the problem that any setting I change in Telemetry Tool v12.2, it doesn't save. Despite selecting "save and close" and restarting Telemetry Tool, the setting changes are not saved.

I have tried in several of the different simulators profiles (RF2, AMS, etc...) as well as in General Settings and none of them are saved. Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%