Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for PC2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for PC2 - Telemetry Application for PC2 - Real-time and offline Telemetry and race strategy

Here is my Telemetry Tool for PC 2.

The tool has worked pretty well for PC2 for quite some time, but I never put it out here. So now this has been corrected. The tool also works with Assetto Corsa Competizione, Automobilista 2 F1 2013 to F1 2020 and Dirt Rally 2.0.

I have developed this tool for many years for the F1 series, but lately have added support to other games, which I myself actively play.

This is the tool to make you drive faster regardless of your driving level.

The tool can...

Read more about this resource...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application for PC2

New update of my Telemetry tool.

For PC2 this version adds
  • Many fixed/recreated trackmaps
  • Tyre temp + tyre pressure channels in Telemetry graphs
  • Driving pane also shows bit more PC2 related data
For update, with your current install just replace
  • Telemetry.jar
  • bin directory (there is new JRE)
  • tracks directory (many fixed trackmaps)
For new install, just check the ReadMe.txt in the .zip

Enjoy, and get faster.

Cheers.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for PC2

The new 10.3 version is here.

This version has many PC2 related additions.

Shared Memory
Biggest new thing is, I added 'Shared-memory-to-UDP-relay', so that the shared memory data can be used. In SHMEM there is more accurate data for some traces, like speed, position and temperatures. Check the ReadMe.txt for more details. It is recommended you use the Relay with the tool, when using PC2.

To use the relay you have to enable the Shared Memory option in the PC2's System settings and...

Telemetry Application for PC2

The new 10.4 version is here.

Biggest additions in 10.4 are:
  • Math Channels. You can create math channels from the base data and show the traces on the Telemetry tab
  • Torque data is also saved to the save files
  • When modifying the trace colors, you can keep the car corner trace colors synced. So if you enable this and change the color for Wheel Speed FL, all FL corner traces will use the new color.
Check the ReadMe.txt for more details.

For update for PC2 usage

Does this work with the PS4? and if so how do i make it work?

The PS4 uses UDP broadcast to send the data. I don't have PS4, thus cannot test how it would work.

My tool should work with this, i.e. you install it normally, but then in the 'Settings' --> 'Network settings', you enable the 'Use UDP Broadcast mode'. That should enable you to receive data from PC2 running on PS4 in the same network.

The tool might also work without the UDP Broadcast mode, but I am no sure, as I cannot test it due to lack of not having PS4.

If you get it working, please let me know.

Cheers.

The PS4 uses UDP broadcast to send the data. I don't have PS4, thus cannot test how it would work.

My tool should work with this, i.e. you install it normally, but then in the 'Settings' --> 'Network settings', you enable the 'Use UDP Broadcast mode'. That should enable you to receive data from PC2 running on PS4 in the same network.

The tool might also work without the UDP Broadcast mode, but I am no sure, as I cannot test it due to lack of not having PS4.

If you get it working, please let me know.

Cheers.

Thanks trying it now on the PS4 and it works.

Could i ask on the timing screen is there anyway to make it go the sectors go purple if that driver has set session best, green personal best or remain white if not gone faster?

Thanks trying it now on the PS4 and it works.

Could i ask on the timing screen is there anyway to make it go the sectors go purple if that driver has set session best, green personal best or remain white if not gone faster?

Great to hear that.

At this point the timing screen rows are just on "base color". I have been thinking of adding option to show colors there to some columns, but that is for a later stage.

Cheers.

Application doesn't work for me, run application winpc2.bat an pc2.exe on steam, window appears on the screen but there is no changes on it while I race
Debug files:

Can you make the share available so that having the link is sufficient in order to access the data.

What if you only use the UDP feed (i.e. no shared memory relay running)?

Also does this also happen with AMS2?

There was another user, who also is having some issues just with the PC2, so there might be some odd system related issue, which might cause these problems on PC2.

Can you post a screen shot of the Telemetry screen, when you press CTRL-I (i for Information)? I am mostly interested on the top section about java version + IP/networking info. You can remove from the screenshot the directory information, it is not needed.

Cheers.

Can you make the share available so that having the link is sufficient in order to access the data.

What if you only use the UDP feed (i.e. no shared memory relay running)?

Also does this also happen with AMS2?

There was another user, who also is having some issues just with the PC2, so there might be some odd system related issue, which might cause these problems on PC2.

Can you post a screen shot of the Telemetry Telemetry Tool For Project Cars 2 game, 10.4 Rev_ 2469  02_04_2021 12_15_05.pngscreen, when you press CTRL-I (i for Information)? I am mostly interested on the top section about java version + IP/networking info. You can remove from the screenshot the directory information, it is not needed.

Cheers.
Share it the links errors and debug

I use both UDP and shared memory

Now I'm using 9.3 version, this version works perfectly on PC2

Thanks for your answer

Just a note here. If you are using PC2 in different language than English and the Telemetry tool 10.4 doesn't work, change the language to English (from Steam). That should fix the issue.

I will look into the different languages issue after 10.5 version release. So for the short them changing language in PC2 to English is the workaround.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool Version 10 for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for PC2

10.5 is here.

Biggest addition is system to sync your laptimes + basic lap data to global database. When there is more data, I will add functionality to the Tool, which will allow you to compare your own times to the laptimes of other users of the Telemetry Tool. The tool will ask consent for sending the data, when you start it for the first time.

New general additions:

• Multi-histogram view
  • Multi-XY-plotter view
  • Map: Border color added to leader, car in front and behind...

All working in PS4 and its brilliant.

I have to ask on the timing sheets how do i tell who is going purple in each sector?

As at the moment there are two colours.
Yep. There is color for the driver's line + another for team member (in F1 games), but the "purple sector" color I might do it into for a future release, as you are not the only person asking for this. ;-)

Cheers

Just a question: Are there other users using PC2 with different language than English. If yes, I would love to hear, if you have had any issues with the Telemetry Tool, when PC2 uses non-English settings.

This is something I am testing now to see, if there are any bigger issues on the language side.

Cheers.

Last edited:
That would be great as i want to use it for commentary and when i have the timings up its hard to tell who is setting fastest sectors.

However your app is awesome.
It would mean little everhaul on how that tab works + some work on the backend to store the fastest sectors per player + per session. I will put it into my things to do as it is something I need to do anyway for some other things I am working on.

Cheers.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back