Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for PC2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Iko,
Thanks for that awesome software and your dedication to answer every questions. For my part, my question is: is it possible to compare against the online ghost(s) from time trial (blue line)? When I’m looking with the Telemetry view into your software when doing time trial against a ghost in project cars 2, if I select “No lap”, “Ghost”, “fastest opponent” or “reference lap”, I get no result. That been said, I see his dot in the track minimap moving correctly. If I select “fastest lap”, I get my fastest lap done while your software was running. I’ve switched the General settings from “All” to “Ghost(s) in TT/TA” or “Faster than blue” without good results. By the way, which setting do you recommend for saving only good time, I guess it’s “faster than blue”. Also, does “faster than blue” includes the ghost(s) faster than blue line?
Regards,
For the ghost you have to let it run at least one full lap, before the trace it shows up. In AMS2 (I don't remember, if you can have multiple Ghosts in PC2, but I think yes), the Ghost will be the fastest from selected ghosts. Sometimes the data from the ghost is bad, and there is no lap stored. I tried to detect the issues, but there might be some odd situations lurking round.

So to get Ghost trace
1) Enable the All or the Ghost in TT/TA in 'General Settings'
2) Set the BLUE LINE to Ghost
3) You need to run both the Shared Memory relay running + get the UDP data from the game for the Ghost saving to work. You can see in the Driving tab, if you receive data from both
4) If all above is ok, pick 1 or more ghosts and start racing them. After the ghosts' first laps (or sometimes after 2nd laps) the fastest ghost data will be shown in the Telemetry tab.

If you don't get data, check if the opponent laps are being saved e.g. on race against AI.

Cheers

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for PC2

New version 11.4 is here.

Notable new addition is rFactor 2 support.

For PC2 related changes, mainly tweaks and little fixes here and there.

For update, replace in your installation the Telemetry.jar with the one from the .zip.

For new install, just unzip somewhere on your system and then run the launcher or runWinPC2.bat file.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Cheers.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Telemetry Tool for PC2

A new version 12.1 is out.
Notable changes/fixes:
F1 22
- Fixed issue, where Abu Dhabi lapdata was not saved
- Added Miami trackmap to the install package
- Fixed some IDs etc, which were not communicated earlier by EA
ACC
- Fixed issue, where car ids were not correctly detected in some very rare events
- Updated typical fast lap for some tracks based on the data in the global db
AMS2
- Added Buenos Aires No 6T track
- Renamed Buenos Aires No 6 to Buenos Aires No 6S...

Hi, I recently tried out your program with PC2 in Win10 to get telemetry data sent to my SF1000 wheel. First time I tried it it worked great, got it linked and the wheel was displaying the correct info. However, after existing out of telemetry tools I've found I can't open it back up. Whenever I run the runwin.bat file it now opens a blank white window instead of the tool. A second command prompt window opens that says it made a shared memory connection, but the actual program just shows a blank white window. Seems to do this whether or not I have PC2 open. It might be an issue with my system, but I've tried rebooting and it still just opened to a blank screen. Do you have any suggestions about what might be the issue or how to reset the tool? Thanks for the assistance.

Hi, I recently tried out your program with PC2 in Win10 to get telemetry data sent to my SF1000 wheel. First time I tried it it worked great, got it linked and the wheel was displaying the correct info. However, after existing out of telemetry tools I've found I can't open it back up. Whenever I run the runwin.bat file it now opens a blank white window instead of the tool. A second command prompt window opens that says it made a shared memory connection, but the actual program just shows a blank white window. Seems to do this whether or not I have PC2 open. It might be an issue with my system, but I've tried rebooting and it still just opened to a blank screen. Do you have any suggestions about what might be the issue or how to reset the tool? Thanks for the assistance.
Can you post a screenshot?

You can try to start the Tool with the Launcher and the select "reset UI" option. That might cure the issue you are having.

Cheers.

Hi, i am running the program in V12.1 together with PC2, i am getting telemetry data from the game in the tool. but i am not able to get the telemetry on my SF1000 wheel. i have followed the instructions on your youtube video. setting up udp mode to f12020 on the wheel, and setting up ip adress, port adress and so on in the telemetry tool.

in the youtube video, it is version 10.4, is there something else that needs to be done in V12.1?

Hi, i am running the program in V12.1 together with PC2, i am getting telemetry data from the game in the tool. but i am not able to get the telemetry on my SF1000 wheel. i have followed the instructions on your youtube video. setting up udp mode to f12020 on the wheel, and setting up ip adress, port adress and so on in the telemetry tool.

in the youtube video, it is version 10.4, is there something else that needs to be done in V12.1?
Key things to ensure, it works
1) The SF1000 is connect to the same network and the F1 2019/F1 2020 mode is activated on the SF1000
2) The udp redirect has been enabled (checkbox on the network settings screen) and the IP + port is set to the SF1000's IP + port, visible, then you check the wheel's setting

If your Wifi signal is low, then you might also get some performance issues. Setting the data sending frequency lower can help in those cases.

Cheers.

Telemetry Tool for PC2

A new version 12.1 is out.

Notable changes/fixes:
- Many F1 22 fixes
- Many rFactor 2 fixes and updates
- AMS2 new tracks
- Kartkraft fixes + 3 new trackmaps
- Workspace/X-Y Plotter and Histograms now use same traces + there are many new traces added
- For detailed list of changes, check the ReadMe.txt

Update
Update from 12.0/12.1:
  • Update the Telemetry.jar
  • Update at least the tracks dir data for AMS2 and Kartkraft.
  • There is also new AMS2 relay version, so update the...

I can't get the history file to be created. I used this tool for years. After a year away I drop back into PC2, I updated the tool and got one race and got the history file for that race and next day I could not get another history file. The laps files are created every time. I have spent hours troubleshooting changing all types of settings but no luck. Please help.

I can't get the history file to be created. I used this tool for years. After a year away I drop back into PC2, I updated the tool and got one race and got the history file for that race and next day I could not get another history file. The laps files are created every time. I have spent hours troubleshooting changing all types of settings but no luck. Please help.
I am doing plenty of testing this weekend so will give some time to PC2 too. Let's see if there is something odd going. Any notes, which track/cars combo this happened or is it more general, i.e. any track/any cars combo?

Cheers.

I am doing plenty of testing this weekend so will give some time to PC2 too. Let's see if there is something odd going. Any notes, which track/cars combo this happened or is it more general, i.e. any track/any cars combo?

Cheers.
I have tried multiple tracks and multiple cars. However, I would add that I am using the pcars custom grid tool that puts all the cars in the same class. Also, I edit the track files to add max AI opponents. It worked with all that though. I'll try without the tool.

1677388894677.png

I have tried multiple tracks and multiple cars. However, I would add that I am using the pcars custom grid tool that puts all the cars in the same class. Also, I edit the track files to add max AI opponents. It worked with all that though. I'll try without the tool.

View attachment 643351
I have been testing and found some potential issues, which will be fixed in the 12.3.

Please note, that the UDP only reports data for 32 cars, so if you add more than that, the 32+ cars will not be receiving data via UDP.

Cheers

I have been testing and found some potential issues, which will be fixed in the 12.3.

Please note, that the UDP only reports data for 32 cars, so if you add more than that, the 32+ cars will not be receiving data via UDP.

CheerI
I am able to get the history file to populate. Steps:
(1) Complete 9 lap race with #7 Bentley Continental GT3 (2015) on Mojave Sidewinder
(2) Alt Tab to Telemetry Tool to see results
(3) Watch the replay
(4) Restart the session
(5) Complete 2 laps then quit

Something about restarting the session after watching the replay. I am trying to narrow the critical steps (Nothing in step 1 is critical). I think the race finish is what is messing with the file.

Hopefully this helps

(1) Complete 9 lap race with #7 Bentley Continental GT3 (2015) on Mojave Sidewinder
(3) Watch the replay
(4) Restart the session

Something about restarting the session after watching the replay. I am trying to narrow the critical steps (Nothing in step 1 is critical). I think the race finish is what is messing with the file.

Hopefully this helps
The history file is only for the 2 lap incomplete race

(3) Watch the replay
(4) Restart the session

Hopefully this helps
Ok. The only critical step to complete 2 laps and quit.

Ok. The only critical step to complete 2 laps and quit.
Thanks for the notes.

I have now fixed this. The challenge was to make the tool save race history, when you don't start new session, i.e. when you exit the game + the tool directly after the race. But it seems to work and this fix will be in 12.3, which is in the final testing at the moment.

Cheers.

Telemetry Tool for PC2

Version 12.3 is here.

It took much longer than expected to get this out.

Notable PC2 changes/fixes:
  • Fixed race history saving. Now even if you do just one single race, the race history + timing data will be saved (if enabled from the settings)
  • Added 'Oil Pressure', 'Water pressure' and 'Fuel pressure' to the Driving tab view
Key new additions on this release:
  • STATISTICS TABLE GRAPHS: Added session long view, where you can see key tyre data for...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back