Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for PC2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
It would mean little everhaul on how that tab works + some work on the backend to store the fastest sectors per player + per session. I will put it into my things to do as it is something I need to do anyway for some other things I am working on.

Cheers.
Thanks.

Do you know if the data is sent if you are assigned as the broadcaster?

Thanks.

Do you know if the data is sent if you are assigned as the broadcaster?
I think it should work.

If you join a session as spectator, you will see the data from one driver (never found out, how that driver is selected by the game) and the race related stuff will work. So I assume, that when you are in as broadcaster, it should work the same way, i.e. you get the data from one car + the race data.

Also if you use the tool with saved replays, the telemetry data should come through.

Cheers.

I think it should work.

If you join a session as spectator, you will see the data from one driver (never found out, how that driver is selected by the game) and the race related stuff will work. So I assume, that when you are in as broadcaster, it should work the same way, i.e. you get the data from one car + the race data.

Also if you use the tool with saved replays, the telemetry data should come through.

Cheers.
tried it out with a small test and it worked so really happy.

Will be testing it at the weekend on a bigger lobby to see if it all comes through.

On a side note i can not seem to be able to get a drop down so i can open multiple windows. Is there a shirt cut or do i need to load up a second one?

tried it out with a small test and it worked so really happy.

Will be testing it at the weekend on a bigger lobby to see if it all comes through.

On a side note i can not seem to be able to get a drop down so i can open multiple windows. Is there a shirt cut or do i need to load up a second one?
You open multiple windows from the "New Window" menu.

One caveat though, you can have only one of each window visible. So if you open map window and re-open another map window, it will "overtake" the previous window. Nothing serious, but if you have many windows open and the change the view from the drop-down and you have e.g. map open and you select map, then it will again overtake the map in visible window. This limit does not apply to the XY-plotter or Histogram windows though.

Cheers.

Cheers - The part i am missing is the new window menu. It does not appear when i load the programme.

No idea why, i have mashed the keyboard but it does not show up. Is there a short cut key?

Again your programme rocks by the way

Cheers - The part i am missing is the new window menu. It does not appear when i load the programme.

No idea why, i have mashed the keyboard but it does not show up. Is there a short cut key?

Again your programme rocks by the way
Press key 'ALT' to show the menu.

In the help (press key F1 or H) there is list of key shortcuts.

Cheers

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool Version 10 for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for PC2

The Telemetry Tool updated to 10.6.

With this version I updated the JRE to version 15. So if you are updating, you need to
- update the bin directory (there is also for Linux and Mac a custom JRE binary included)
- update the lib directory
- update the Telemetry.jar + the .bat (windows) and .sh files (linux/mac)

Key new features

• Added Statistics table, which will show much more driving statistics on per lap basis
  • Added Launcher, which you can use instead of the several per...

Read the rest of this update entry...

HI,
This telemetry tool works pretty well.
But I have some questions about running this app together with other apps.

I run SIMHUB for my shakers, windsim and shift/gear light.
I run RSDASH for recording timings and export them later in to an Excel file.
What is the best setting to make sure all the apps work without conflicting one or another.

I also have a second PC, where RSDASH runs on.
How can I setup Telemetry on this computer so I can see live data from Telemetry on my second PC while racing on my dedicated simPC.

Thanks

HI,
This telemetry tool works pretty well.
But I have some questions about running this app together with other apps.

I run SIMHUB for my shakers, windsim and shift/gear light.
I run RSDASH for recording timings and export them later in to an Excel file.
What is the best setting to make sure all the apps work without conflicting one or another.

I also have a second PC, where RSDASH runs on.
How can I setup Telemetry on this computer so I can see live data from Telemetry on my second PC while racing on my dedicated simPC.

Thanks
Hi,

A quick question:
How do you get data to the RSDASH? Is there some forwarder on the simPC?

There are few options.

In the text below PC2_COMP is the simPC computer running PC2 and TELE_COMP is the computer running the Telemetry tool.

1) I think with SIMHUB you can also forward the UDP + Shmem data to another location. If yes, then you could use SIMHUB UDP + Shmem forward to forward the data to the TELE_COMP's ip address, and e.g. to the default PC2 port (5606) or some other port, if RSDASH uses already the 5606. Even if you send SHMEM and UDP data to the same port, the Tool should handle that.

2) More exotic would be to run the PC2_Relay on the PC2_COMP and forward the SHMEM data to the TELE_COMP, and then on TELE_COMP make the Telemetry Tool to listed for the broadcast data on port 5606 (the default) or some other port. This should also work. And if not, you might edit the 'settings.xml' on the Settings\pc2 directory to set the in_ip to be the PC2_COMP's IP address. (default is blanc, but this way the Telemetry Tool would connect to the PC2_COMP to listen for the traffic.).

and special 3) I have in test bed a PC2/AMS2 Shmem+UDP relay, which you could use to send both SHMEM + UDP data from PC2 with the new PC2_Relay running in PC2_COMP to e..g TELE_COMP. This is a test version and I can send it to you for testing. Just PM me, if you want to give it a go. It might be the "easiest", if the SIMHUB data forward doesn't work.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool Version 10 for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for PC2

New version is here.

Main addition is support for F1 2021.

Notable PC2 fixes:
- Updated the PC2_Relay to also send UDP data to the IP address set via settings. This will make it easier to run the Telemetry Tool and PC2 on separate computers. Check the help for more information.

Other small fixes/tweaks/performance tunes are listed in the ReadMe.txt.

For update, just either
a) unzip the whole .zip to the place where you had old installation or
b) unzip the .zip to new place and then on...

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for PC2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for PC2

Hello,

New version of my telemetry and race strategy tool is here. This is mainly a bug/stability/performance fix with few interesting additions.

What is new in version 11.1?

Notable AMS2/PC2 related additions:
  • Updated the PC2/AMS2 relay so that it can read the settings file from the same directory, where it resides. This allows some more flexibility on using the relay
  • Added bit more data to the Driving pane

UDP Redirect
  • Fixed a very nasty random...

Hi,

Great tool; thanks.

I have a problem having installed 11.1. (PC2)

I am getting data feed without problem and can see results of live laps on the screen so connection is OK

However, the finished laps are not being written to lap data as they were with 9.3.

Yesterday earlier in the day I ran 9.3 and got some laps recorded OK. Today just to check if I had done something silly with PC2 settings I ran 9.3 again and managed to get laps recorded.

I installed 11.1 again (using bat from the install directory) (in case I had done something daft) and chose to have data in install directory at which point the install added lapdata and some other directories.

I then ran the tool and drove a few laps, seeing data appear on screen as explained above. However, none of the laps appeared anywhere in the install directory.

Is this a bug or am I doing something silly?

Cheers and thanks for the tool

Trevor

Hi,

Great tool; thanks.

I have a problem having installed 11.1. (PC2)

I am getting data feed without problem and can see results of live laps on the screen so connection is OK

However, the finished laps are not being written to lap data as they were with 9.3.

Yesterday earlier in the day I ran 9.3 and got some laps recorded OK. Today just to check if I had done something silly with PC2 settings I ran 9.3 again and managed to get laps recorded.

I installed 11.1 again (using bat from the install directory) (in case I had done something daft) and chose to have data in install directory at which point the install added lapdata and some other directories.

I then ran the tool and drove a few laps, seeing data appear on screen as explained above. However, none of the laps appeared anywhere in the install directory.

Is this a bug or am I doing something silly?

Cheers and thanks for the tool

Trevor
Did you install to same directory, where you have 9.3 or did you do a new install?

Most likely you did a "clean install" (based on the info that you have both 9.3 and 11.1 installed), then depending bit what you chose during first Tool launch, you might have put the data directory to be somewhere else, than your previous data.

To see, where the data resides, open 'Settings --> Base Settings' and there you will see, what is the data directory + where is the baseSettings.xml residing. You can adjust the location of the data directory in that dialog. Note that this setting applies to all game modes (ie. AMS2, ACC, F1s etc).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Did you install to same directory, where you have 9.3 or did you do a new install?

Most likely you did a "clean install" (based on the info that you have both 9.3 and 11.1 installed), then depending bit what you chose during first Tool launch, you might have put the data directory to be somewhere else, than your previous data.

To see, where the data resides, open 'Settings --> Base Settings' and there you will see, what is the data directory + where is the baseSettings.xml residing. You can adjust the location of the data directory in that dialog. Note that this setting applies to all game modes (ie. AMS2, ACC, F1s etc).

Cheers.
Thanks. That solved it.

Telemetry Tool for PC2

New version is here.

Notable changes:

AMS2
  • Added Monza release trackmaps
  • Added new cars data to the system
KartKraft
  • Added trackmap for Genk
F1 2021
  • Added Portimao trackmap
  • Raw data: Fixed the bug, where the data was always shown for the player and could not be changed
  • Potentially fixed issue, where data for new tracks would not be saved, i.e. make the current version work e.g. with Imola without the need for a new...

ok, now i can make work the lcd with pcars2 but all( led and lcd) have a lot of delay... refresh the info every 2 second... i can make whatever?
How strong is your Wifi connection? I had similar issues, when the Wifi router was in another room and the signal strength was around 60%. When I moved one router next to my rig, I got the signal strength to 98 to 100% and then most of the issues went away. And this with an pretty old (about 10 years or so) router. Having new router and the signal strength near 100% would make a huge difference.
Cheers

Telemetry Tool for PC2

New version 11.3 is here.

Largest addition is the new 'Workspace'. In short this is like the Telemetry view, but you can save and load the set of traces. E.g. you can have different workspace for setup work, and another for driving inputs. There are also many new traces, e.g. wheel speed diff for sides or wheel locking indicator etc. For each trace there is now few options to adjust the view:
  • Basic: normal trace
  • Diff: blue vs. red trace (or with multilap blue vs each trace)...

Hi Iko,
Thanks for that awesome software and your dedication to answer every questions. For my part, my question is: is it possible to compare against the online ghost(s) from time trial (blue line)? When I’m looking with the Telemetry view into your software when doing time trial against a ghost in project cars 2, if I select “No lap”, “Ghost”, “fastest opponent” or “reference lap”, I get no result. That been said, I see his dot in the track minimap moving correctly. If I select “fastest lap”, I get my fastest lap done while your software was running. I’ve switched the General settings from “All” to “Ghost(s) in TT/TA” or “Faster than blue” without good results. By the way, which setting do you recommend for saving only good time, I guess it’s “faster than blue”. Also, does “faster than blue” includes the ghost(s) faster than blue line?
Regards,

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years