Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi,

I'm trying to convert F1 22 telemetry UDP stream to F1 2020 version and redirect it to another destination. Input stream "F1 22" is procesed by app, but when "UDP 1 redirect" is set to "F1 2020 format", I'm not see any outgoing packets to "UDP 1 redirect target IP". When I change "F1 2020 format" to "F1 22" application is correctly redirecting packets to the destination. I checked it with tcpdump on local machine. It's bug, or the application can't do conversion of F1 telemetry version from 2022 to 2020? Thanks
Hi,
I tested this and it works at least on my system, so it should work for you too.

Easy way to test it is (and how I did it):
1) Start The Tool in F1 22 mode and enable the 'F1 2020' UDP redirect on local machine (127.0.0.1 + e.g. port 20776).
2) Start new instance of the Tool in F1 2020 mode and make it listen port 20776 (or if you use other port in 1), then that port). You might need to restart this instance for the settings to take place
3) Start the FeedTester (bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.FxFeed) and choose F1 2022 mode.

If done correctly the F1 2020 instance should receive data.

I noticed, that there is some data missing, e.g. driver names are not set, as this was originally designed to be used with the Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel. I have added some more data to the output and that will be in 12.2 version, when I release that.

Cheers.

Hi,
I tested this and it works at least on my system, so it should work for you too.

Easy way to test it is (and how I did it):
1) Start The Tool in F1 22 mode and enable the 'F1 2020' UDP redirect on local machine (127.0.0.1 + e.g. port 20776).
2) Start new instance of the Tool in F1 2020 mode and make it listen port 20776 (or if you use other port in 1), then that port). You might need to restart this instance for the settings to take place
3) Start the FeedTester (bin\win\bin\java -classpath Telemetry.jar apps.FxFeed) and choose F1 2022 mode.

If done correctly the F1 2020 instance should receive data.

I noticed, that there is some data missing, e.g. driver names are not set, as this was originally designed to be used with the Thrustmaster SF1000 wheel. I have added some more data to the output and that will be in 12.2 version, when I release that.

Cheers.
Hi,

thanks. I have test it, but didn't works for me :(. Data from FxFeed is showing in F1 22 instance, but not in F1 2020 instance. I don't know if "F1 2020 format" is something else as "F1 2020", but in F1 22 instance can't set "F1 2020". I can set only "F1 22" and "F1 2020 format". I was tested it on MacOS and also Windows.

Both instances are listening on their ports. Did I something wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• telemetry_win11.png
    telemetry_win11.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 108
  • telemetry_mac.png
    telemetry_mac.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 163
  • netstat_mac.png
    netstat_mac.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi,

thanks. I have test it, but didn't works for me :(. Data from FxFeed is showing in F1 22 instance, but not in F1 2020 instance. I don't know if "F1 2020 format" is something else as "F1 2020", but in F1 22 instance can't set "F1 2020". I can set only "F1 22" and "F1 2020 format". I was tested it on MacOS and also Windows.

Both instances are listening on their ports. Did I something wrong?

Thanks
You have to check the checkbox ’UDP1 forward enabled’ for the tool to send the data.
Cheers

when i have race timing open it showes #leader how can i change that so it shows distance to the car infront and distanse to car behind
You can sort the race timing on track order. And for the delta, you can choose either delta to leader or delta to next. If the sort order is game order, then the cars are in the order the gane sends the data.
Cheers.

You have to check the checkbox ’UDP1 forward enabled’ for the tool to send the data.
Cheers
I have it enabled on (sender) F1 22 instance (on screenshots it's upper left). Should I it enabled also on (receiver) F1 2020 instance (on screenshots it's lower right) ? Both instances have been (re)started with those settings.

hello, I have a problem with the tool, I no longer receive data in udp telemetry but in udp broadcast mode yes but the problem is too much latency, can you tell me why it no longer works thank you.

Hi,
I have a problem with F1 22 and the buttkicker haptic software. All orher games work with both, yours and haptic but not F1 22. It seems that it cannot take both program together. If I put in F1, Udp broadcast
mode, telemetry is working but haptic stop. For your info, I had to put the port of F1 to 20957 for the buttkicker haptic software to work.
Thanks

Hi, Thanks for all you do and the great program. I recently started using the tool on Mac and was able to get the program to run by following the instructions to boot from the terminal. I've been experiencing some issues while using the tool where it will freeze mid and no longer send or record data and i'm forced to reboot the tool. Is there a way to prevent this from happening.

Thanks

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for F1 22 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22

Version 12.2 is here

List of changes/fixes

F1 22
  • Added to the OpponentStats: damage data + headers
  • In Driving pane only fastest speedtrap messages are shown, when the "show multiple messages" is selected
  • Fixed spectator stuff, which wasn't working properly.
  • Added opponent tyre surface and inner temps to the Opponent Stats view. If in online race the other players have not enabled public telemetry, then no data is shown here
  • Fixed 2022 F2 team info, so that the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
I have a problem with F1 22 and the buttkicker haptic software. All orher games work with both, yours and haptic but not F1 22. It seems that it cannot take both program together. If I put in F1, Udp broadcast
mode, telemetry is working but haptic stop. For your info, I had to put the port of F1 to 20957 for the buttkicker haptic software to work.
Thanks
Yeah, some tool use the UDP broadcast and some do not and it might not work reliable. Typically with UDP the tool which connects first, gets all data. So what most likely happened is that buttkicker took over the data. That is the reason why I have built into my tool the option to forward the UDP data to different IP + Port combo, so you can avoid this kind of issues by using the UDP forward.

Cheers.

Hello ! How to use it remotely with another network with PS5?
Just set in PS5 Telemetry Settings set the IP + Port to point to the computer, where you run the Telemetry Tool. If you run these on different networks, you might need to allow the UDP traffic through firewalls.
Cheers.

Hi, Thanks for all you do and the great program. I recently started using the tool on Mac and was able to get the program to run by following the instructions to boot from the terminal. I've been experiencing some issues while using the tool where it will freeze mid and no longer send or record data and i'm forced to reboot the tool. Is there a way to prevent this from happening.

Thanks
Hard to say, why it would not work on Mac. I have tested the Tool on a mac on virtualbox and it seems to work there.
To mitigate the hangs, you might reduce the CPU usage + the Delta accuracy in the Tool to reduce the load on your system. (This is in the Settings --> General Settings).

Cheers

Hi, do you know if this will work if I want to be my homie's engineer in his career mode? Only lan sessions? If yes, can u explain how to do it? Please
Pretty straightforward, if you are on same lan.
1) you both need to have the Tool installed and running
2) Just find out his computer's IP address on the lan, then set that IP address on the UDP forward and enable the UDP forward.
3) Then you both restart the Tool and you start the game to and start driving.

If all was done correctly, then your engineer should see the data from you.

Cheers.

Pretty straightforward, if you are on same lan.
1) you both need to have the Tool installed and running
2) Just find out his computer's IP address on the lan, then set that IP address on the UDP forward and enable the UDP forward.
3) Then you both restart the Tool and you start the game to and start driving.

If all was done correctly, then your engineer should see the data from you.

Cheers.
Thank you, but I'm still wondering if I can only be a racing engineer (I don't want to drive) I also tried https://www.team-telemetry.de/download but we also don't know how to set it up.
And we don't connect online, only a friend plays a single career

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back