Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for F1 22 12.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Tool for F1 22 - Telemetry tool for real-time and offline Telemetry analysis + race/pitstop tactic/strategy

Version 12 is here.

The tool supports F1 2012 to F1 2022, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, RFactor 2, KartKraft and DiRT Rally 2.

Notable changes:
  • F1 22 support added + updated trackmaps
  • ACC: added trackmaps for the new DLC tracks
  • AMS2: added trackmaps for the new 1.3.8 tracks
  • Updated custom JRE to Java 17
  • Many little tweaks again
For list of changes, see the ReadMe.txt.

Updating from older versions: Just unzip the Telemetry.jar, Tracks directory and Bin...

Read more about this resource...

Some notes:

I had to strip the Mac M1 custom JRE from the package. If you need the Mac M1 binaries, please PM me and I will send you the link.

If you find anything odd with this, let me know. I have done quite a bit quick testing, but as the game is pretty new, there might be some dark corners around there, I didn't see yet.

Cheers

Hey man, tks for for the software, I had an issue with Java on the late stages on the last version and now it keeps happening, can you help me understand it?
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xc000001d) at pc=0x00007ff9227f9852, pid=23584, tid=24220
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.34+19-CA (17.0.3+7) (build 17.0.3+7-LTS)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu17.34+19-CA (17.0.3+7-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [d3d9.dll+0xb9852]
#
# No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://www.azul.com/support/
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

--------------- S U M M A R Y ------------

Command Line: -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 Telemetry.jar --game=F12022

Host: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 8 cores, 31G, Windows 10 , 64 bit Build 19041 (10.0.19041.1741)
Time: Sat Jul 2 10:13:33 2022 Hora oficial do Brasil elapsed time: 5.910349 seconds (0d 0h 0m 5s)

Tks for the help

Hey man, tks for for the software, I had an issue with Java on the late stages on the last version and now it keeps happening, can you help me understand it?
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xc000001d) at pc=0x00007ff9227f9852, pid=23584, tid=24220
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu17.34+19-CA (17.0.3+7) (build 17.0.3+7-LTS)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu17.34+19-CA (17.0.3+7-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, g1 gc, windows-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [d3d9.dll+0xb9852]
#
# No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://www.azul.com/support/
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

--------------- S U M M A R Y ------------

Command Line: -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 Telemetry.jar --game=F12022

Host: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz, 8 cores, 31G, Windows 10 , 64 bit Build 19041 (10.0.19041.1741)
Time: Sat Jul 2 10:13:33 2022 Hora oficial do Brasil elapsed time: 5.910349 seconds (0d 0h 0m 5s)

Tks for the help
Hard to say, why this happens.

Does it happen constantly or was this just one-timer during the session? And how long had you been using the tool before the crash? I have run on this platform now for quite some time, but I will also do more longer testing to see if I can find something.

Cheers.

Hard to say, why this happens.

Does it happen constantly or was this just one-timer during the session? And how long had you been using the tool before the crash? I have run on this platform now for quite some time, but I will also do more longer testing to see if I can find something.

Cheers.
It Happens on load, the app doesn't launch, i'm trying everything here lol

Tks man

Just noticed few things on F1 22:
1) The Supercar traces don't seem to get saved. I will need to dive into the data to see, why this happens.EDIT: I think I did say this bit prematurely. I did more testing today and it seems both Ghost data and the Supercar traces get saved.
2) Sometimes the game sends odd warning detail ids, I will need to check them too + will send note to Codemasters regarding that.

Also if someone does online race, where the player have exposed their Steam/Origin/PSN/XBox names, I would love to hear if you see those names on the tool. I will also do more online racing to find out, how the name stuff works.

Cheers.

Last edited:
If there is someone wanting to use this Tool on Mac M1 or aarch64 Linux, let me know.

I have made the custom JREs for those platforms too, but as I don't have access to such computers, I haven't been able to test them.

Cheers.

Hello, awesome tool! When I configured on first run, it asked if I wanted to send to global DB and view the stats from a specific website. What was the global db website? I can no longer find where it is stated.

Thanks

Hello, awesome tool! When I configured on first run, it asked if I wanted to send to global DB and view the stats from a specific website. What was the global db website? I can no longer find where it is stated.

Thanks
I have been bit "lazy". At the moment the site only shows ACC Silverstone times, but I am planning to add more variety there, as there is plenty of data now. I will post the URL, when there is more data viewable.

You can access the data on per game per track basis by going in the Tool to 'New Window --> View track laptime data from the global DB'. This will show the best valid laptimes per car stored into the global DB for the active track.

I try to keep the data valid, i.e. I have some checks for bad data + will do occasional cleaning of those "impossible" laps.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Does this work with consoles (xbox specifically)? and does it run on mac as well as windows? I am starting to league race and would love to have external telemetry to review to help me with car setups as well as helping me find lost time. I'd be happy to buy you a coffee if its a program I'm able to use lol

Does this work with consoles (xbox specifically)? and does it run on mac as well as windows? I am starting to league race and would love to have external telemetry to review to help me with car setups as well as helping me find lost time. I'd be happy to buy you a coffee if its a program I'm able to use lol
So if your hardware infrastructure is XBox + Mac laptop (either Intel or M1), you need to do the following

1) Install the Telemetry Tool on the Mac. (If you need M1 JRE binaries, ping me for the link).
2) Find out the IP address of the Laptop on the local network. Most likely something like 192.2.168.42.
3) Put the Mac laptop's IP address to the Xbox's Telemetry Settings IP address. This means, the game will send the data to the Mac. (The data frequency could be 60Hz, but if you get odd latency issues, you could drop it to 20HZ).
4) If all is well, and you start the Telemetry Tool on the Mac + start the game on XBox and when you start driving around, you will get data to the laptop.

On the home network the setup is quite easy.

Cheers.

So if your hardware infrastructure is XBox + Mac laptop (either Intel or M1), you need to do the following

1) Install the Telemetry Tool on the Mac. (If you need M1 JRE binaries, ping me for the link).
2) Find out the IP address of the Laptop on the local network. Most likely something like 192.2.168.42.
3) Put the Mac laptop's IP address to the Xbox's Telemetry Settings IP address. This means, the game will send the data to the Mac. (The data frequency could be 60Hz, but if you get odd latency issues, you could drop it to 20HZ).
4) If all is well, and you start the Telemetry Tool on the Mac + start the game on XBox and when you start driving around, you will get data to the laptop.

Cheers.
Thank you so much! I'm gonna try to set it up and if all works a coffee will be headed your way! lol

Cheers.
I'm a bit confused on how to get it to run. i have an intel based MacBook that i am trying to run it on. I downloaded the files and unzipped the mac files as directed in the read me. what am i supposed to run in order to launch the program?

Just noticed few things on F1 22:
1) The Supercar traces don't seem to get saved. I will need to dive into the data to see, why this happens.EDIT: I think I did say this bit prematurely. I did more testing today and it seems both Ghost data and the Supercar traces get saved.
2) Sometimes the game sends odd warning detail ids, I will need to check them too + will send note to Codemasters regarding that.

Also if someone does online race, where the player have exposed their Steam/Origin/PSN/XBox names, I would love to hear if you see those names on the tool. I will also do more online racing to find out, how the name stuff works.

Cheers.
Hey Mate,

Your tool does display their names if the are broadcasting their ID, for steam users it will pull whatever nickname you have set for the player on your own client.

I'm curious if you could add a feature, for the race timing window, would you be able to enable the driver name pop up on the main data as well as the telemetry data option?

Also, would it be possible to allow that timing window as it shows in the telemetry tool to be broadcast via HTTP? I would like to be able to provide a sort of driver tracker for the league races which I help run.

I understand if that isn't a feasable request.

EDIT: I also forgot one thing: In the driving window, you have events pop up. Is it possible to have a seperate window for the events? It would be nice to have a running log I could look at.

Last edited:
If it's still any useful, UDP data document for F1 22 was FINALLY updated with missing stuff today. Doesn't seem to have any other changes at this point, just some corrections.

Attachments

• Data Output from F1 22 v13.docx
    144.6 KB · Views: 135
I'm a bit confused on how to get it to run. i have an intel based MacBook that i am trying to run it on. I downloaded the files and unzipped the mac files as directed in the read me. what am i supposed to run in order to launch the program?
Ok. So for Mac (intel version),
1) you unzip the downloaded .zip (as you have already done)
2) Then you go to the bin directory and unzip the mac.zip file there. It should automatically unzip into mac directory.
3) Now you go back up one directory and depending bit on your system, you might be able to run the runMac.sh file from the Finder. If you cannot, you need to open the Terminal and go to the Telemetry Tool's install directory and type there 'bash runMac.sh'. This should start the Tool.

Cheers.

Ok. So for Mac (intel version),
1) you unzip the downloaded .zip (as you have already done)
2) Then you go to the bin directory and unzip the mac.zip file there. It should automatically unzip into mac directory.
3) Now you go back up one directory and depending bit on your system, you might be able to run the runMac.sh file from the Finder. If you cannot, you need to open the Terminal and go to the Telemetry Tool's install directory and type there 'bash runMac.sh'. This should start the Tool.

Cheers.
How do I go to the telemetry tools install directory. I’ve attempted bash runMac.sh as well as trying to run it but it shows up as a text document.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back