Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nope, Motec data format is a proprietary data format and you have to pay quite significant annual license to have the right to open it, thus I don't have access to tools to read that data.
False.
Motec can be used for free in most serious race sims.
Check as example these links out for iRacing, rF2 and Raceroom.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And the Real telemetry Tool MoteC can be legally downloaded for free also.

False.
Motec can be used for free in most serious race sims.
Check as example these links out for iRacing, rF2 and Raceroom.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: And the Real telemetry Tool MoteC can be legally downloaded for free also.

Hi again,

It seems you are not happy with these tools, as you always come back "picking a fight". If you can contribute something valuable, I can listen. If not, please stay in your 'after-the-fact-data-and-motec-is-THE-only-solution-needed-bubble'.

I think these topics below were already covered in many other forums and many other posts with you.

Motec I2 is free to download, but not free to use. The use of it is covered by the license which states: "LICENSE: MoTeC hereby gives you a non-exclusive license to use the software i2 Standard in conjunction with data generated by any MoTeC logging device, or that generated by MoTeC licensed 3rd party software. i2 Standard may not be used in conjunction with data generated either directly or indirectly by non MoTeC products unless that product has been licensed by MoTeC." You might be such person, who does not care about licenses, other people's rights/IP or legal terms, but the license is pretty clear, The use of i2 with non licensed data exporters is not allowed. Anyone doing so is in legal risk.

The tools/add-ons/extensions you mention, note on their material things like "this is not official Motec product", "do not contact Motec for assistance" and " this product is not affiliated with Motec". So yeah, very "official" products with proper Motec approval/license. My guess is that if someone (who e.g. has paid for the right to export data in Motec format) wanted to "rain your parade" by contacting Motec with the right legal arguments regarding free use of the Motec data format, these tools/exporters would disappear pretty quickly.

Also I think it was well established, that with i2 these extensions only provide after-the-fact data and there is no T2 exports available. I2 is very useful e.g. for setup work. Sadly this is something 99.99% of the sim racers really cannot take advantage (due to missing consistency). Using these after-the-fact tools equals driving 20 laps on track, then packing the car on trailer, going back home to look at the data, then making changes to the car, then again doing 20 laps on track, then again trying to do some changes to fix something, which might not work as the environment has already changed. As it is after-the-fact-data with no real-time component, and most sim racers are not sufficiently consistent that they would be able to analyze and benefit from the changes when driving, the results to really gain the last 0.01s (or actually the last 0.5s) will never materialize to the 99.99% of the drivers.

These exporters you mention:
1) They don't provide real-time telemetry data to provide immediate feedback to the driver on what they are doing on track and how it affects the key outcome, i.e. laptime
2) They don't provide real-time race data: track position, pit window (forward/back), current/session history tyre wear, current/session history tyre temp, current/session history tyre pressures, current/session long fuel use/refueling need, pitstops done etc, which are one of they key reasons I wrote my tool
3) They don't provide ways e.g. in multi-driver endurance race the race engineer to look in real-time at the telemetry + strategic and tactical situation to help the sim-racing team to get the best result.

My tool provides both, real-time and after-the-fact-data, telemetry and race data, with many different views into the data in an easily digestible format/package, which has helped over 30k simracers to become better racers. Used in conjunction with other tools is naturally beneficial, as one single tool cannot meet the needs of all drivers in many different situations.

There is space and need/purpose for all these different tools. Or do you also go around Simhub forums, Z1 forums, RST forums, Crew-chief forums or any other tools' forums saying that everyone should stop using those tools, and only use Motec? I doubt.

Happy driving.

Hi, I'm having trouble getting your tool to read out any telemetry data. As far as I can tell I've set it up properly the way you show in your video. I've also checked the driving pane and no updates are made, although the top bar on the screen occasionally flashes yellow or red. I run crew chief with AMS2 so as is my game is talking to other programs. Any advice?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on windows 10
Also the top bar where it lists track, view mode, time and race will turn red when my brake pedal is fully or nearly fully depressed. This is the only part of the software that reacts to the game, everything else is not showing information
@Iko Rein I just realized I forgot to tag you in this.

@Iko Rein I just realized I forgot to tag you in this.
This sounds like crew chief is "stealing the feed", i.e. the app first started will take the UDP feed.

There are three potential solutions:

1) I don't know if you can change the UDP Port crew chief is listening for AMS2/PC2 traffic. If you can, you could make it to listen a different UDP port and then use my Tool to get the data from AMS2 and then forward the UDP feed to the port, crew chief is set to listen.

2) Other option would be to enable the 'Use UDP Broadcast mode' in the 'Settings --> Network Settings' in my tool. That might solve the issue, but if crew chief is not using that mode, it will just "eat the UDP data".

3) If crew chief supports UDP forward, then you could use it to forward the data to other UDP port and make my Tool to listen to that port for AMS2 data.

EDIT: Another note. After reading bit more, it seems that CC (crew chief) only uses Shared Memory, so it should not be "eating the UDP data" an issue. So you need to turn on the UDP in the game settings (for both AMS2 and/or PC2). My Tool uses some of the data from the UDP, which is not yet available in the Shared Memory, thus it needs the UDP feed in order to work properly.

Cheers.

Last edited:
This sounds like crew chief is "stealing the feed", i.e. the app first started will take the UDP feed.

There are three potential solutions:

1) I don't know if you can change the UDP Port crew chief is listening for AMS2/PC2 traffic. If you can, you could make it to listen a different UDP port and then use my Tool to get the data from AMS2 and then forward the UDP feed to the port, crew chief is set to listen.

2) Other option would be to enable the 'Use UDP Broadcast mode' in the 'Settings --> Network Settings' in my tool. That might solve the issue, but if crew chief is not using that mode, it will just "eat the UDP data".

3) If crew chief supports UDP forward, then you could use it to forward the data to other UDP port and make my Tool to listen to that port for AMS2 data.

EDIT: Another note. After reading bit more, it seems that CC (crew chief) only uses Shared Memory, so it should not be "eating the UDP data" an issue. So you need to turn on the UDP in the game settings (for both AMS2 and/or PC2). My Tool uses some of the data from the UDP, which is not yet available in the Shared Memory, thus it needs the UDP feed in order to work properly.

Cheers.
Thanks for getting back to me, I do have UDP on (freq 1) in AMS2, I suppose I'll try all the frequencies and see if any of them get a response.

Thanks for getting back to me, I do have UDP on (freq 1) in AMS2, I suppose I'll try all the frequencies and see if any of them get a response.
Yep, depending bit on your home network speed, the freq 1 might cause issues on the network.

I have been looking at the data and it seems, I might be able to move away from the UDP data altogether. But this will be future development, maybe for 12.4 or 13.0 version.

Cheers.

Yep, depending bit on your home network speed, the freq 1 might cause issues on the network.

I have been looking at the data and it seems, I might be able to move away from the UDP data altogether. But this will be future development, maybe for 12.4 or 13.0 version.

Cheers.
I had an issue with AMS refusing to detect my wheel crop up before a race so I reinstalled the whole game, that fixed the wheel problem and your tool is now posting telemetry too (though my system settings are all the same as before). Super excited to be able to use this tool now, though I wish I knew exactly what it was that causing that issue, must have been something in my game files. Thanks again for getting back to me, Cheers!

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Version 12.3 is here.

It took much longer than expected to get this out.

Notable AMS2 changes/fixes:
  • Fixed race history saving. Now even if you do just one single race, the race history + timing data will be saved (if enabled from the settings)

• Added 'Oil Pressure', 'Water pressure' and 'Fuel pressure' to the Driving tab view
  • Added Bathurst 1983 track. Also includes the trackmaps for the earlier 1.4.5 version, i.e. Jerez and Cascais 1988 tracks.
  • Added new car...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Version 12.4 is here.

Notable AMS2 changes/fixes:
  • New Nordschleife 1971 trackmaps
  • 1.4.7 cars and other additions
Other notable additions:
  • All relays have been updated
  • AC: new plugin to mitigate conflicts with other plugins
  • ACC: tyre wear data entry + many ACC related optimizations + 1.9 DLC updates, including Valencia trackmap
  • rF2: new plugin with new data, also new trackmaps added to the extra track map pack
  • R3E...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Hello,

V13 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Notable AMS2 related changes are:

• Trackmaps for Barcelona + updated car data
  • New multi-car session history statistics shows many data, like laptimes averages (last 3, since pitstop, all valid laps etc), laps since pitstop etc. for all cars in the race
  • Fuel need estimate calculator, data is based on...

Telemetry Tool for AMS2

Version 13.1 is here

Notable changes
  • Many fixes to the multicar data system for F1 2018-F1 23, AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2, R3E and rF2. Now it is in state, it should have been at 13.0 release.
  • Many F1 23 related fixes and new data usages, where feasible.
  • Fixed issue, where it was not possible to load loaded laps from multilap telemetry into Statstistics Table. At the same time enabled opponent laps loading to multilap telemetry.
  • Fixes to the 'BLUE Line: Fastest Opponent' to make...

Feel free to use, no credit needed.

AMS2TT_icon.png

AMS2TT_logo.png

There are trackmaps for the new RX tracks in https://telemetrytool.com/addons

It is missing the SPA RX track, as I do not have access to my rig at the moment. I expect to put out the Spa RX trackmap in few weeks time, when I access to my tools.

You can just unzip the files to your Telemetry Tool install directory.

Cheers

Hi, thanks much for this. Are the new install instructions for 2023 for first time users? Have not been able to see any results after driving sessions in AMS2. Will keep trying to figure it out.

Hi, thanks much for this. Are the new install instructions for 2023 for first time users? Have not been able to see any results after driving sessions in AMS2. Will keep trying to figure it out.
The easiest way is to just download the .zip. Then unzip it anywhere on your system. (On Windows you can unzip the packet to Program files or any other directory (like C:\bin\TelemetryTool)).

Then you run the Tool with the runWin.bat.

On the first run the Tool will ask, where you want to put the data files and if you want to share aggregate data (laptimes, fuel use etc.).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the message. Tried that, ran it in win.bat, selected AMS2, no results in the tool after leaving the sim. Do you have to have relay checked also? I put the app in a folder in Program Files named it RaceTelemetry. App looks really great, will figure it out at some point, thanks much.

Thanks again for the message. Tried that, ran it in win.bat, selected AMS2, no results in the tool after leaving the sim. Do you have to have relay checked also? I put the app in a folder in Program Files named it RaceTelemetry. App looks really great, will figure it out at some point, thanks much.
Hi,

For AMS2, (and the other games having the Relay option), you need to run the relay too, when you play the game. The relay reads (in case of AMS2) the shared memory and sends the data via UDP to the Tool. If the relay is not running, there is limited data available.

IF you are doing e.g. just data analysis, then you don't need the relay.

The data is stored in the 'dataDir' of the tool. E.g. you can open a lap with CTRL-O, press CTRL and key O (for Open) at the same time. You can see the data dir location from 'Settings --> Base Settings'.

Cheers.

When the new AMS2 1.5.3 version is out, you can find the updated trackmaps for the Telemetry Tool from Telemetry Tool - Addons

You just unzip the AMS2 addon trackmappacket to your Telemetry Tool install dir and you should be good to go.

Those, who know where to get the Telemetry Tool beta, there is also 13.2 beta version available, which also has the new SharedMemory additions included and many fixes and improvements. I am getting ready to do new release, but I need have better view into some other games' releases + add EA WRC support to the Tool.

Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea