Resource icon

Other Telemetry Tool for AMS2 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
great tool, but how can i see the Tyre Temps or Tyre Pressure in the Telemetry Data ?

Just a little head-up here.

There are basic tyre temps in the tool for AMS2 as well. You can see the data too on the XY Plotter and histogram.

New version of the Telemetry tool will come out this week, when the new ACC version is out. This new version will include tyre temps + tyre pressure graphs + that data is saved to the lapdata files too.

Cheers.

Just a little head-up here.

There are basic tyre temps in the tool for AMS2 as well. You can see the data too on the XY Plotter and histogram.

New version of the Telemetry tool will come out this week, when the new ACC version is out. This new version will include tyre temps + tyre pressure graphs + that data is saved to the lapdata files too.

Cheers.

So we will see the full tyre temperatures after session is ended?

So we will see the full tyre temperatures after session is ended?

For the time being there will be:
  • Graphs on the Telemetry page on per lap basis (data from old laps doesn't have that data though). And you can keep the tyre temp channels visible for live laps, if you need that kind of info.
  • In XY Plotter (red and/or blue lap, you can have multiple of these open).
  • In Historgrams the temps (carcass/surface) + pressure are available
  • I added extra column to the Statistics page with the whole session data. This shows along the other data the min/max/avg surface temperatures for tyres. I might add the carcass temp there too for the games, which provide the data (new F1s, PC2 & AMS2). I just need to be see, if that is useful.
I have also been pondering if I should provide few graphs for the length of the whole session, like tyre temps etc.. But if you run a 4 hour endurance race, that is quite a lot of data saved for nothing, if you don't use that. So I need to look more into how to make it feasible for longer runs.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2

Hi,

Here is the new version of the Telemetry Tool for AMS2.

What is new

Notable AMS2 related additions/changes.
  • Added trackmap for Hockenheim 1988 short, Buskerud x 2, SpeedLand x 4, Nurburgring x 4 & Nordschleiffe x 2
  • Added new cars data from the update v1.4 & V 1.5
  • Fixed Granja Viana Kart track maps
  • Renamed once more all track files and build the system so, future track name changes in the game will have less effect
  • Small AMS2 related fixes here and there...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great tool thanks. Could we see the time trial friends data as well while replaying them? Because i want to compare myself with other people.

Last edited:
Great tool thanks. Could we see the time trial friends data as well while replaying them? Because i want to compare myself with other people.

At the moment if you choose ghosts, the tool will show their position on the map, but no traces nor is the data saved for later uses.

But I have been looking into this the last few days.

I think in the shared memory there is more accurate data for speed + position + distance for the other cars too. And if this data is available also for ghosts, then I will do something on this front.

Cheers.

Just a random question; can we encode the data from AMS2 into a motec readable format? Any licensing or technical issue resides in front of it?

Just a random question; can we encode the data from AMS2 into a motec readable format? Any licensing or technical issue resides in front of it?

The Motec data format is proprietary. If you look at e.g. the ACC Motec data files, you see the file format is binary, i.e. not .csv like I do with my tool.

Writing data in the Motec format requires a developer license from Motec. And it is not feasible for a free/donation based tools to acquire one. This is the same reason, why there is no Motec datafeed for PC2 either.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application Version 10 for AMS2

The new 10.3 version is here.

This version has many AMS2/PC2 related additions.

Shared Memory
Biggest new thing is, I added 'Shared-memory-to-UDP-relay', so that the shared memory data can be used. In SHMEM there is more accurate data for some traces, like speed, position and temperatures. Check the ReadMe.txt for more details. It is recommended you use the Relay with the tool, when using PC2/AMS2.

To use the relay you have to enable the Shared Memory option in the AMS2's System...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, thank you very much for this fantastic tool (much better than some paid pretentious ones...)!

Do you think it will be possible in the future to export the data in text format for further analysis or implement directly into the tool some filtering options and basic math channels?

Thanks again and keep up with your impressive work!

Hi, thank you very much for this fantastic tool (much better than some paid pretentious ones...)!

Do you think it will be possible in the future to export the data in text format for further analysis or implement directly into the tool some filtering options and basic math channels?

Thanks again and keep up with your impressive work!

Thank you for your kind words.

For the math channels, some of the data in the Telemetry tool is already "pre-calculated", like slip or acceleration etc. But the math channels might add some interesting ways to do extra analysis on the data. And to be honest, I haven't really looked into that.

I have no experience on that side, i.e. what operands one would really need for the math channels, how much freedom there needs to be for assigning the variables etc. if you could give some examples of what is needed, what filters are used etc, I could look into the possible ways of adding math channels.

I would expect that such channels should reside on the main Telemetry view, and maybe add them too to the XY Plotter, which actually already has quite many filters and other nice ways to visualize the data.

Cheers.

Thank you for your kind words.

For the math channels, some of the data in the Telemetry tool is already "pre-calculated", like slip or acceleration etc. But the math channels might add some interesting ways to do extra analysis on the data. And to be honest, I haven't really looked into that.

I have no experience on that side, i.e. what operands one would really need for the math channels, how much freedom there needs to be for assigning the variables etc. if you could give some examples of what is needed, what filters are used etc, I could look into the possible ways of adding math channels.

I would expect that such channels should reside on the main Telemetry view, and maybe add them too to the XY Plotter, which actually already has quite many filters and other nice ways to visualize the data.

Cheers.

For filtering I would stay on the easy side with just a moving average:
- one clickbox for enabling the filter and one slider for changing the number of samples the average is performed on. This would smooth the curves with no added delay on the signals.

For math channels I would use the usual suspects:
- + * /
^ sqrt
sin cos tan (and their reciprocal)
ABS

with each operand applicable to any of the existing channels and to the new ones created with addition of scalars of any kind defined directly into the formula.

So, for instance, I'd like to calculate aero resistance, I could define the new channel:

F_Drag = 0.5 * 1.26 * 0.37 * [Speed]^2

where the name into the brackets represents one of the existing channels.

Once created, I could also use the new F_Drag, as argument for a new channel.

As baseline implementation, in case one channel is filtered, the calculations are performed with the filtered values (and the derived channels modifies accordingly if the filter weight is modified).

In terms of UI, in order to simplify the math channel definition, it would be beneficial to have always available the list of channels when defining a new one, so by clicking on the channel name it is automatically put into the formula with brackets.

Thanks!

Can one obtain car power torque graphic using the telemetry app?

In 10.3, only for live laps or session fastest laps in the XY Plotter. I will add torque to the saved lapdata and as a graph in next version. I found it pretty useful, thus adding it is a clear "no-brainer". I am at the moment thinking, should I also add the HorsePower graph too (although it can be calculated from the torque + revs).

Cheers.

For filtering I would stay on the easy side with just a moving average:
- one clickbox for enabling the filter and one slider for changing the number of samples the average is performed on. This would smooth the curves with no added delay on the signals.

For math channels I would use the usual suspects:
- + * /
^ sqrt
sin cos tan (and their reciprocal)
ABS

with each operand applicable to any of the existing channels and to the new ones created with addition of scalars of any kind defined directly into the formula.

So, for instance, I'd like to calculate aero resistance, I could define the new channel:

F_Drag = 0.5 * 1.26 * 0.37 * [Speed]^2

where the name into the brackets represents one of the existing channels.

Once created, I could also use the new F_Drag, as argument for a new channel.

As baseline implementation, in case one channel is filtered, the calculations are performed with the filtered values (and the derived channels modifies accordingly if the filter weight is modified).

In terms of UI, in order to simplify the math channel definition, it would be beneficial to have always available the list of channels when defining a new one, so by clicking on the channel name it is automatically put into the formula with brackets.

Thanks!

Thanks. I i will look at that.

For the "smoothing", do other tools do that also for live data? There I see the issue, if you take the average of e.g. last 5 packets, the value at point NOW is actually trailing few steps. Maybe some weighted average might better option, i.e. 60%,30%and 10% for 3 packet average. And the smoothing might hide some key variance from the data, but that would still be responsibility of the user to see, they are not losing accuracy with the smoothing.

I think adding ways to create new channels is quite straightforward, same as adding ways to create the formulas. Only issue is how I would add them to the tool. Most likely a short term solution would be to allow certain number of user defined math channels visible, and a longer term solution is to rewrite the telemetry view UI in bit different way, which I have been planning/thinking for some time.

Cheers.

Thanks. I i will look at that.

For the "smoothing", do other tools do that also for live data? There I see the issue, if you take the average of e.g. last 5 packets, the value at point NOW is actually trailing few steps. Maybe some weighted average might better option, i.e. 60%,30%and 10% for 3 packet average. And the smoothing might hide some key variance from the data, but that would still be responsibility of the user to see, they are not losing accuracy with the smoothing.

I think adding ways to create new channels is quite straightforward, same as adding ways to create the formulas. Only issue is how I would add them to the tool. Most likely a short term solution would be to allow certain number of user defined math channels visible, and a longer term solution is to rewrite the telemetry view UI in bit different way, which I have been planning/thinking for some time.

Cheers.

Yes, of course for runtime data it won't be possible to apply any kind of filtering without losing responsiveness.
I was thinking only about filtering only for already acquired and saved data.

In 10.3, only for live laps or session fastest laps in the XY Plotter. I will add torque to the saved lapdata and as a graph in next version. I found it pretty useful, thus adding it is a clear "no-brainer". I am at the moment thinking, should I also add the HorsePower graph too (although it can be calculated from the torque + revs).

Cheers.
This graph is one of the features that I wanted to see in AMS2 like it was in the AC. Sure things would be much more easier if you let the computer to interpolate hp rev values instead end user. this software is just going in the very great direction.

I am pretty near getting the new version out (as new ACC version + track will be released this week).

I have added to the new version a preliminary version of the Math Channels. I have now 5 extra visible channels, to which you can assign any of your defined math channels.

How many additional visible math channels would be needed, is the 5 sufficient or should it be higher?

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back