Team ORSM

Hello! A little idea or suggestion here.

I have been checking out the V8 Supercars videos of the cars before 2008/2009 which upon downshifts spit flames out of their exhausts, whereas in the post 2008/2009, cars do not spit anymore of the red-orangey flames out of the exhausts.

After observation from the V8FU mod, I noticed that the 2010 & 2011 seasons do have this blue-purplish Bunsen burner yet not so visible fume from the cars' exhausts.

I am an enthusiast to such exhaust flames and as I believe it was due to the introduction of Ethanol fuel for the cars and thus has removed the previously had mean-looking exhaust flames to the current looking tamed exhaust fumes.

As from the V8Factor's 2006 mod, there was this 'proper' exhaust flames which makes me feel happier and therefore a suggestion will be as follows:

- Is it possible if in the Upgrades section of the Vehicle to include an option for Fuel Type as Normal Fuel or Ethanol Fuel to allow for the switch of either the pre-2008/2009 exhaust flames for the first and the post-2008/2009 exhaust fumes for the latter in-game?

It would be really cool if that is the case. Cheers!

Hello! A little idea or suggestion here.

I have been checking out the V8 Supercars videos of the cars before 2008/2009 which upon downshifts spit flames out of their exhausts, whereas in the post 2008/2009, cars do not spit anymore of the red-orangey flames out of the exhausts.

After observation from the V8FU mod, I noticed that the 2010 & 2011 seasons do have this blue-purplish Bunsen burner yet not so visible fume from the cars' exhausts.

I am an enthusiast to such exhaust flames and as I believe it was due to the introduction of Ethanol fuel for the cars and thus has removed the previously had mean-looking exhaust flames to the current looking tamed exhaust fumes.

As from the V8Factor's 2006 mod, there was this 'proper' exhaust flames which makes me feel happier and therefore a suggestion will be as follows:

- Is it possible if in the Upgrades section of the Vehicle to include an option for Fuel Type as Normal Fuel or Ethanol Fuel to allow for the switch of either the pre-2008/2009 exhaust flames for the first and the post-2008/2009 exhaust fumes for the latter in-game?

It would be really cool if that is the case. Cheers!

Doesn't the BA/BF and earlier models run this colour backfire??

Hi all

A somewhat newbe question; I decided to do a bathurst the other weekend (yes the full 161 laps in stints with the ai driver) as I'm not really fast enough to get online I enjoy pitting my self aganst the computer (I'm only doing 2:09's), so the question is how do you or is there a way to make all of the other cars display the bathurst livery just to add to the realism?

By the way boys awsome mod!

Doesn't the BA/BF and earlier models run this colour backfire??

Yes they do, but it would be great for the VE and FG to run the normal fuel backfire too. As an upgrade or some sort. Ain't a fan of the current ethanol fuel backfire. Would be nice. Thanks! :)

I decided to do a bathurst the other weekend (yes the full 161 laps in stints with the ai driver) as I'm not really fast enough to get online I enjoy pitting my self aganst the computer (I'm only doing 2:09's)

LOL! 2:09s and you think you're going slow? That should be good enough to put you competitive enough for some online racing! :D

Hi all

A somewhat newbe question; I decided to do a bathurst the other weekend (yes the full 161 laps in stints with the ai driver) as I'm not really fast enough to get online I enjoy pitting my self aganst the computer (I'm only doing 2:09's), so the question is how do you or is there a way to make all of the other cars display the bathurst livery just to add to the realism?

By the way boys awsome mod!

Thanks mate. Glad your enjoying it.

The Bathurst liveries do show for the 2010 season with ORSM's Bathurst. 2011 season don't have the liveries yet as it was only run last weekend so we need to do them first. They will be added when their ready.

2:09's are very competitive times.

Hi all! I have been a fan of the normal fuel exhaust flames of the past years than being a fan of the current ethanol fuel exhaust flames.

I don't know if there is any enthusiast out there fancy that type of mean and beasty exhaust flames in the current V8FU mod.

As the 2010 and 2011 seasons and the Ford Falcon BF in the Community Edition both feature the purplish ethanol fuel exhaust flames, I prefer to give the yellowish normal fuel exhaust flames a go in them.

Here is the download link to replace the backfire from the current backfire to the previous backfire, just like how the backfire of the V8Factor 2006 season looks.
Link - http://www.multiupload.com/8IZXEIY2H8

Screenshot of the 2011 #888 with yellowish normal fuel exhaust flames:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2s9vv2q.jpg

All credits to ORSM for the exhaust flames.
Have fun!

bastes.jpg

nah mate he is busy with life...Has a newborn at home so most of his time is spent there :)

We are just plodding along...hope to have something very soon for release...we are trying to get reference pics for the drivers and suits but there is very very little out there to use.

I believe we only have 1 car to do from clipsal.. I have updated several of the cars to include the liveries from the later rounds as im finding reference pics that are usable

Ah, cool! LOL. I thought ESP stands for Espanol, so I thought EWE is a name. Hehe!

I'm going crazy over the V8 Supercars series and anything related to the series would be greatly welcomed.

So, ESP mate, any teachings on painting car livery? I've given my hand on painting some helmets of one 1985 F1 mod earlier this year. Cars, ain't tried that yet.

Keep going, am loving all these so far :D

Peter Brock Memorial Race

We Are Using The ORSM V8Factor Unleashed 1.1

Mod Link:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=V8Factor Unleashed

Format

Race Length will be 161 Laps with Co-Driver
Driver Swaps will only be done during a pit Stop
While Taking Fuel and Tyres.
Grid will be Limited to 20 Teams

Where

JFFRacing1

When
Saturday November 12th 2011

Track
ORSM Bathurst -- With Sand trap fix (Thanx to ORA) -- This is a complete Track file.

Sand Trap Patch only...

ALL TIMES ARE
AEDST

5:00pm - Warm-up (30 Min)

5:30pm - Qualify (30 Mins)

6:00pm - Race Starts --- 161 Laps

RACE WILL START AT 6:00PM SHARP SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STARTING DRIVER IS IN THE SERVER
AND READY TO GO.

Settings
Damage - 75%
Fuel - Normal
Tyres - Normal
Mechanical Failures - Time Scaled
Time Scale - Normal
Race Start Time - 10:00am
Auto Clutch - Allowed
ABS - No
Traction Control - No

Skin Pack

Skin Pack link to come

Custom skins will be used

Simparts New Zealand.

Simparts.nz Log's
Available In the main Thread

The Simparts Web Address is to be on the banner across the front screen
and a logo is to at least appear on the rear of the car, The rest is up to you all.

Entry
Everyone is welcome to join,

Co-Driver's

This is a Co-Driver race teams are to be at least 2
Drivers,
Maximum of 3 in any car,

Password

TBC

Rules
Some Rules and Driving Standards will apply for this series, check them out in the Rules link in the toolbar at the top of the page.

Teamspeak
JFF Racing Teamspeak 3

Being on Teamspeak during the event is recommended,

If any Team would like their own Teamspeak channel please let us know the team name and we will
make one for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.