AC Tatuus FA01 @ Zandvoort - Tue 12Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well, I'm having a job interview tomorrow early in the morning and I'm going there tonight, which means I can not participate (and also means I do not think while posting here ^^)
Signing you out, good luck man! :)
@Patrik Trefny you are racing! :)
Reserve list plz and if a opening then i be glad to race thx.
Adding you as first reserve! Welcome again! :)

TC on?
I am in,with as always,a slight chance of not making it.(Will inform in time)
Adding you as 2nd reserve! :)
Yes, since we had too much cars spinning out in tight corner and Zandvoort is so bumpy, TC will be available. You can turn it on or off as you want. It doesn't really make any difference while driving.
The only difference is that you can catch the slides without getting completely wasted. TC does not restrict the start of the slides! :)

I come from the N2k3 ,GPL and early rFactor-era, had a 10 year simracing sabbatical. Why is this advised: - "enable the default "Trackmap" app! "

I come from the N2k3 ,GPL and early rFactor-era, had a 10 year simracing sabbatical. Why is this advised: - "enable the default "Trackmap" app! "

So you can see people coming, such as when you are in the pit lane, or recovering from an accident.

If you are experienced enough to have a look before getting back on track, you don't need this app, of course! :)

So you can see people coming, such as when you are in the pit lane, or recovering from an accident.
Exactly! And sorry to pick your POV ;)

That's why:

Is it just advised? It should be mandatory in my opinion. There's no good reason to have it disabled and even if there was one, it would not be good enough to justify the risk or ruining yours and someone else's race. Same thing for helicorsa.

Is it just advised? It should be mandatory in my opinion. There's no good reason to have it disabled and even if there was one, it would not be good enough to justify the risk or ruining yours and someone else's race. Same thing for helicorsa.
It's kind of both, depends on how to understand my wording. It's a clear advice from me but since there is no way to check it, it wouldn't make sense to make it mandatory.

At least it's written down now so if I have to give someone a little heads up after doing such thing like on the video, there's no excuse anymore :):thumbsup:

I'd add the Real Time app to this also. Particularly useful in qualy when trying to find a gap in traffic, but even more important to know when to exit the pits so you don't come out in front of someone starting a hot lap.

Particularly useful in qualy when trying to find a gap in traffic
Oh man, don't make me talk about that. The amount of laps i have to give up because of people that join the track in the gap i built in the previous lap is unbelievable. I even found guys overtaking me in my outlap, making me slow down even more and losing pressure and temp on the tyres.
It's a clear advice from me but since there is no way to check it, it wouldn't make sense to make it mandatory.
Well, with that app it's impossible to join the track at the wrong time. So basically if you do, you demonstrate that you are not using it (or you have serious problems on another level).

@RasmusP I know it sounds harsh. But if you think about it, it's not false or wrong. Yes, exceptions can be made, but it can work as a general rule.
People need to understand that their first thought must be to not ruin other's race. If someone joins the track in a dangerous way just because the app "kills the realism", well...

@RasmusP I know it sounds harsh. But if you think about it, it's not false or wrong. Yes, exceptions can be made, but it can work as a general rule.
People need to understand that their first thought must be to not ruin other's race. If someone joins the track in a dangerous way just because the app "kills the realism", well...
The "wow" wasn't meant negative :)
Just didn't want to "like" or "love" it haha

And yes, you are right with what you say and it's difficult to push the drivers to be more careful but not scare them off at the same time.
It's important that you understand that you did something wrong, screwed up someone else's race and to learn from it.
And I know you are not saying "stay away from our races, noobs" but instead you want to give them a little heads up, to make your race more fun, their race more fun and in the end make the race for everyone more fun! :)

Make them/us learn and make them/us feel welcome at the same time. I'm trying to achieve this :):inlove:

In the end anyone can make a mistake, even experienced drivers. Rejoining for example after going off - you might think you're OK to rejoin based on the distance to the following car as reported in Real Time / Track Map etc, but then misjudge how slippery the grass is and end up spinning even more - I know, I've been there :O_o::roflmao:
S**t just happens sometimes, hopefully a bit less though as we learn from experience :whistling:

In the end anyone can make a mistake, even experienced drivers. Rejoining for example after going off - you might think you're OK to rejoin based on the distance to the following car as reported in Real Time / Track Map etc, but then misjudge how slippery the grass is and end up spinning even more - I know, I've been there :O_o::roflmao:
S**t just happens sometimes, hopefully a bit less though as we learn from experience :whistling:
Yeah that's why exceptions can be made. You can't always be in complete control of your car and so mistakes can happen. It's usually easy to judge and understand what happen though as a spectator.

@RasmusP thanks for making me relive that moment :(

And Matteo has a point. I don't give two :poop::poop: if you think the track map ruins "muh immershun", until it's proven that others look for more than a nano-second, I'm not against it being as mandatory as it can be.

Usually it takes one mess up for someone to learn their lesson, but there are certainly repeat offenders.

I'm not being mean, I'm just being blunt and calling it as I see it. @Eddy and I have been caught up in more than our fair share of accidents since the Tatuus started, and I do question whether I should take a break from them or keep plugging away. I'm by no means a perfect, fast driver, but I do make huge effors in ensuring I don't inconvenience people when I screw up.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back