AC Tatuus FA01 @ Zandvoort - Tue 12Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
One thing I consistently find with the Tatuus is that I need to change the max steering angle.
My G27 (900 degree max) is normally set at around 450-500 degrees for other games and other AC cars, but in the Tatuus (and other single seaters like the F138) I tend to increase it to 700-900, in the Logitech "Global Device Settings" dialog - the "Degrees of rotation" setting.
I imagine there may be a better way to do this (there certainly is in LFS) but I haven't found it yet.

If I don't change the setting, then the car reaches full lock ridiculously easily and it's far too easy to spin it.

I think the real car only has a 360 degree lock-to-lock rotation (unless that's the F138 I'm thinking of) and thus when I go to 900 degrees on that setting, the physical rotation on my G27 matches the in-car wheel. The BAD thing about this is that I lose the "soft" stop, which lets me feel when the wheel rotation stops mattering.

One thing I consistently find with the Tatuus is that I need to change the max steering angle.
My G27 (900 degree max) is normally set at around 450-500 degrees for other games and other AC cars, but in the Tatuus (and other single seaters like the F138) I tend to increase it to 700-900, in the Logitech "Global Device Settings" dialog - the "Degrees of rotation" setting.
I imagine there may be a better way to do this (there certainly is in LFS) but I haven't found it yet.

If I don't change the setting, then the car reaches full lock ridiculously easily and it's far too easy to spin it.

I think the real car only has a 360 degree lock-to-lock rotation (unless that's the F138 I'm thinking of) and thus when I go to 900 degrees on that setting, the physical rotation on my G27 matches the in-car wheel. The BAD thing about this is that I lose the "soft" stop, which lets me feel when the wheel rotation stops mattering.
Interesting thing. I always thought that as long as ingame wheel and Real wheel are matching, it would be all the same, just with another soft lock, as you stated! Will test it though! Always use 900 ingame and profiler and formula cars are pretty "direct" and twitchy as i imagine them!

One thing though for you: in the steamapps/assetto corsa/ system/cfg folder you find the assetto_corsa.ini and in there you'll find "enable soft lock". Set it to 1 and you should be fine. I hate it though, it bounces back way to harsh.. But maybe give it a go? :)

Man, if you reach the max steering angle while driving, you are doing something wrong. I hardly turn more than 90° with the tatuus.

very likely :D
What's your setup then?
Maybe you need higher front wing and softer front arb? I know that feeling of trying to turn further and further but as we all can see at BhZ (damn man can I call your first name in posts like this?) laptimes: he knows about what he says.
Although I would appreciate a smiley here and there... Grumpy Italian... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::sneaky:

It would require effort...too much effort. Just imagine a smile at end of each of my posts, you can even choose which one.
That's a... I'm not even mad... Interestingly straight forward statement.
No smileys for me then, instead I'll try to get some laps done!
Staffs not being at the front of the field. Need to change that from time to time:sneaky:

To all the others in these threads:. It might look like we are "occupying" the discussions. That not how it is! Feel free to join, ask etc. We are just trying to create a nice discussion about the car, hence the description of this event series in the start post :)
Of course you don't have to do anything, but we will welcome you with open arms. We are learning too!

By posting in this thread you agree to a contract that consist in sending us 10% of your monthly income for the service received plus bonuses.

By posting in this thread you agree to a contract that consist in sending us 10% of your monthly income for the service received plus bonuses.
What services? Getting our butts handed by you on a weekly basis? :roflmao:
Good night now! I need my sleep to be able to get faster! One day I'll catch you! :sneaky:

Sadly I need to skip this one. See you at the next one.
Signing you out Paul! :)

If there's a free spot, I'd like to race. I just bought the premium membership!
Adding you to the last slot! :)
Make sure to have helicorsa installed and the trackmap app active to keep control when things go tight on track.
If you have any questions just ask :)

My setup (always quite stable and not too oversteery in my opinion) is attached to the first post of this thread if you need some baseline for your own!

Welcome and I hope you will enjoy it!

Hey guys I just practiced a bit again and my setup stays like it is.
I actually lowered the front ride height a bit as well as the front ARB but it's too oversteery for a race! I wouldn't recommend that if you don't want to risk to spin out at every corner :p

Here is a little video of my personal best so far. It's nowhere near a perfect lap but maybe it helps you with finding your line, maybe I'm a slow poke and you have some advice. Anyway here it comes for your entertainment:

Looking at the pace the Tatuus has around this very tight circuit in the video. I think it
is going to be a very interesting race with 18 of them circulating. Watch out first corner.:cautious:

Looking at the pace the Tatuus has around this very tight circuit in the video. I think it
is going to be a very interesting race with 18 of them circulating. Watch out first corner.:cautious:
Yeah the Tatuus is so much fun at this track. Flowing high-speed corners, always grip limit and the wheel shaking all over due to the bumps. I have to admit it's a bit like a gt3 on the Nordschleife, just shorter :p:confused:

I think aero of 10 front, 7 rear might be faster overall but I certainly couldn't control it! I run 17 front, 12 rear and it really bites into the tarmac as you can see on the video :notworthy::geek:

To the first corner: yes absolutely, I'm afraid of carnage. Everyone has to be very careful! I will have a look at the replay and will pm everyone who is taking too much risk for the first turn after the event.

Good thing so is that we have the 2 race format back so if everything goes down the drain we get a second start after 20 minutes :)
(and 2nd row of PMs after watching the replay ) :cool::p

But as always: I'm not here to warn or ban any of us/you! I'm just enforcing the rules to take care that everyone has more fun in the end :):inlove:

Whoa, we're back to two races again? :confused: Cool! (Has it been like that since the thread was launched? Completely failed to notice, LOL, and I also thought the server setup was a typo when I was on it yesterday! :D)

I've done a little practice now, and I'm thinking that passing on this track in these cars is probably going to be a lot about mistakes, rather than clever passing technique. I'm a bit rubbish at clever passes though so I'm happy to be proved wrong ;)
@RasmusP - that's a hell of a lap you stuck in your video above, if I worked out the time correctly. :thumbsup: My first practice session was with the default setup and it felt fine (OK a bit understeery). Then I tried your setup and was well over a second quicker, but it wasn't until I tried an offline hotlap session that I was able to get anywhere close to the time you posted. (So: perfect grip, no wind.)
I still can't decide if I prefer TC on or off. I think I actually can't really tell the difference, which is weird!

@Neilski thanks man :)
To the TC: it doesn't make any difference on a good lap for me either. The situations it does make a difference is when you make a mistake and the car starts to slide. Without TC you are completely lost. On this bumps of Zandvoort... No chance of catching it!
With TC on you can catch it most of the time but you'll still lose a lot of time since the car will still go into a total slide!

So the only difference is: gravel pit or not gravel pit. The driving itself is exactly the same in my opinion!

Last edited:
Two questions:
1) Does ACTI telemetry work online too? Mine only works when practicing offline.
2) Is there a way to see who run on the server and which time did they post? You know, to see where I am compered to the others.

Two questions:
1) Does ACTI telemetry work online too? Mine only works when practicing offline.
2) Is there a way to see who run on the server and which time did they post? You know, to see where I am compered to the others.
1) ACTI online: should work I guess, but I just downloaded this great tool but didn't have time to try it yet. So no clue, sorry!

2) Who's on the server: I can recommend to use "Content Manager" so you can have a quick look on your favorite servers in under 20 seconds :)

Lap Times: We have this little more or less unwritten rule to not write laptimes. For this event, as it is to LEARN about racing in general and about the setup you are allowed to post and discuss about laptimes, if you think the general discussion will benefit from it.
Example: I didn't made my laptime visible for the video, as I posted is to give an impression and to help with the driving it self. No need of a time for that.

If it's about "I did a blah with rear wing set to XY and a blah2 with rear wing set to YZ", then yeah, times are needed to discuss about time vs safety etc. :)

When you are on the Server you can see the laptimes of this session. But since they are only 30/20/20/20 minutes long... You won't see any. To make them visible I would have to implement sTracker but that requires some port forwarding and at the moment there are other things to do for the Tech Admins :)

Long text, but I think it was all necessary. If you interpret any of this as harsh or unfriendly, it's not meant to be. I'm looking forward to gain you as a new regular driver! The fact that you ask and car alone shows, that you would be a nice addition for us! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%