AC Tatuus FA01 @ Silverstone International - Tue 10Oct17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can I clarify what the rule is regarding going wide at 'The Link' just before Hangar Straight? It is much, much quicker to go over the white line and hit the kerbs of Chapel curve and the game doesn't penalise it at all!

perez__pinned.jpg

Can I clarify what the rule is regarding going wide at 'The Link' just before Hangar Straight? It is much, much quicker to go over the white line and hit the kerbs of Chapel curve and the game doesn't penalise it at all!

perez__pinned.jpg
Did you download the no cut layout (download link next to the track name in first post)?
If yes: where exactly could you cut? I didn't found a loophole while practicing on the server :)
But in general: the white line is the limit, always. We are not allowed to go over it with more than 2 wheels, even at special turns like that.

perez__pinned.jpg
The no cut version of the track will invalidate any lap in qualy where you go beyond the straight white line, but in the race of course it's not quite so simple. Going beyond the line will still be registered in the race, but rather than the game penalising you directly, it could instead result in 'a visit to Charlie' (nice pic BTW :roflmao:). I'll let the staff elaborate on that further :whistling:

In practice though, feel free to 'do a Schuey' and explore the limits as much as you like ;)

Going beyond the line will still be registered in the race, but rather than the game penalising you directly, it could instead result in 'a visit to Charlie'

I like that :D. I've just tried the no cut version - half a second is gone and I'll have to rethink my lines on about 3 corners...

I like that :D. I've just tried the no cut version - half a second is gone and I'll have to rethink my lines on about 3 corners...
Yep, the moment it's not about finding the maximum exploration of the game limits but rather really about the best line on track is quite impressive :roflmao:
Glad you like it. We are testing it at the moment only on these Tuesday races with the Tatuus but if it's working fine the other races will use it too in the future :)
Until now it's almost only positive. The game tells you of you are going over the limits in practice and qualy. The qualy is 100% fair and in the races almost no cuts happen anymore because everyone is used to the clean line!

The qualy is 100% fair and in the races almost no cuts happen anymore because everyone is used to the clean line!

Yeah it certainly seems like a great idea. How does it work in race then? Say I'm pushing like an animal to catch the guy ahead and run a tiiiny bit wider than would be allowed in quali, do I get a talking to/time penalty etc? Is there a dude deciding?

Yeah it certainly seems like a great idea. How does it work in race then? Say I'm pushing like an animal to catch the guy ahead and run a tiiiny bit wider than would be allowed in quali, do I get a talking to/time penalty etc? Is there a dude deciding?
In the race it's like in all club events. We staffs have a look from time to time about cutting. Especially if we hear some complaints from the drivers.
If you see someone cutting deliberately always feel free to say something or to tell us staffs.
We can't see everything so we rely on the help of the drivers.
But to answer the question: nothing happens ;)
But I save all the replays so you can never be sure :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::roflmao:

In the rules it's stated that if you happen to cut, you have to lift the throttle if it is save to do so.
We don't want to restrict the racing and I think if we all handle it with some sense then there won't be a problem.
If you run side by side, battling for position it's just natural to go a bit wide or too much over the inside. As long as you don't disadvantage the other driver, there is no problem.

That all sounds a bit harsh I fear. It's not, just drive and have a blast. As long as I don't see you cutting every damn corner consistently in every lap, there shouldn't be a problem :)

I did a bunch of laps while learning the track, first with mediums, then with hards. I'm sufficiently inconsistent that my best time was on the hards, but (in terms of wear) like Ernie says I think it's a close-run thing - the mediums will probably just about last. I just wish I had some confidence about whether they will last and actually be quicker ;)
But hey, there are two races so maybe I'll split the strategies! :D

Btw, I noticed that the server had both brake balance and max torque fixed. Bit pointless to lock the balance, since you can adjust it while in the car, and seems generally undesirable to lock the max, though on this specific track I'm not suffering from too much locking.

I did a bunch of laps while learning the track, first with mediums, then with hards. I'm sufficiently inconsistent that my best time was on the hards, but (in terms of wear) like Ernie says I think it's a close-run thing - the mediums will probably just about last. I just wish I had some confidence about whether they will last and actually be quicker ;)
But hey, there are two races so maybe I'll split the strategies! :D

Btw, I noticed that the server had both brake balance and max torque fixed. Bit pointless to lock the balance, since you can adjust it while in the car, and seems generally undesirable to lock the max, though on this specific track I'm not suffering from too much locking.
Thanks for spotting this! I simply forgot to delete the lines. Quite messy with these half fixed setups :whistling:
I'll correct that before practice starts :)

I might be a few minutes late, not managed any practice yet which could make this race fun ;-)

Just noticed that i’m not in the list but I be taking part....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back