Tail Of The Dragon

I don't know if any guys have done or would care to do a point to point track of The Tail Of The Dragon in Deals Gap, Tennessee.
Tail Of The Dragon Deals Gap Tennessee.jpg
I would love to tell you it's a blast to drive and ride, but it is so heavily policed you never get to enjoy what "Could Be". Drifters would love it. I can't drift so there you go.............
Anyway, just an idea.
Meanwhile on the Isle of Man..........NO HOLDS BARRED

I have good news. RD member cYcLoNe has created the nearby Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb road.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dragons-tail-hillclimb.14457/

It's not the actual Deals Gap "Tail of the Dragon" road, but truthfully myself and many others have similar feelings- the roads leading to and away from the official 'Tail' are a bit more open and flowing, whereas the Tail is hairpin-heavy, mostly 2nd and even 1st gear IRL.

cYcLoNE's version is still a bit basic at 0.4, but it's still great fun to run up the hill, and certainly can be used to practice for the real event in October, put on by SVRA. See you guys there!

I have good news. RD member cYcLoNe has created the nearby Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb road.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dragons-tail-hillclimb.14457/

It's not the actual Deals Gap "Tail of the Dragon" road, but truthfully myself and many others have similar feelings- the roads leading to and away from the official 'Tail' are a bit more open and flowing, whereas the Tail is hairpin-heavy, mostly 2nd and even 1st gear IRL.

cYcLoNE's version is still a bit basic at 0.4, but it's still great fun to run up the hill, and certainly can be used to practice for the real event in October, put on by SVRA. See you guys there!
Thanks bk81 for the comment. Good deal.

Deal's Gap, yeah I agree with @bk81 . I'll get hated for this, but pretty overrated. A novelty by having so many turns, but I've ridden it on my old Ninja 250 and think that there are many nearby, less famous roads that are much more fun and flowy.
It also doesn't help that there's always a Mall-Santa on a Goldwing in front of you, and a 'roid-raging Jersey Shore cast member on a liter-bike, 6 inches from your rear tire. :p

Deal's Gap, yeah I agree with @bk81 . I'll get hated for this, but pretty overrated. A novelty by having so many turns, but I've ridden it on my old Ninja 250 and think that there are many nearby, less famous roads that are much more fun and flowy.
It also doesn't help that there's always a Mall-Santa on a Goldwing in front of you, and a 'roid-raging Jersey Shore cast member on a liter-bike, 6 inches from your rear tire. :p
You just made my day my friend. Great sense of humor. Love it brother

I don't know if any guys have done or would care to do a point to point track of The Tail Of The Dragon in Deals Gap, Tennessee.
View attachment 180334
I would love to tell you it's a blast to drive and ride, but it is so heavily policed you never get to enjoy what "Could Be". Drifters would love it. I can't drift so there you go.............
Anyway, just an idea.
Meanwhile on the Isle of Man..........NO HOLDS BARRED
thiers is not alot of cops i saw one the whole time at the ever start beore senic look out

As a fellow Arthyr, with 3 different 666 tattoos . I resent the litre bike comment. I ride 2, liter bikes. My 01 and my 05 R1's. Don't hate because you are on a quarterbike. Just keep right and left us fast, pass. :)
Just pullin your chain.

cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies