Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

You can however load a profile, then use the copy to clipboard feature to copy either a single file or group folder with multiple files. Once added to the clipboard, Then you can load a different or previous user profile and paste the files on the clipboard into that profile.

So that makes it possible to add any test effects to a profile you may already have.
Then save them as a new profile.

Thanks, that was a trick I missed; seeing the copy-to-clipboard option, but not imagining its application.

Thanks for the profile Rod @Mr Latte , will give it a good go tomorrow during the day and report back with some findings.

I've combined a lot of effects from previous profiles that I've perused through and have settled on a decent overall profile. Once I am completely happy with it I can upload for others to try, or at least have a go at finding what effects they prefer to have active compared to myself. Since removing the motion from my rig, I have added effects that I have not paid any attention to for a good 3 years or so, back when I was using SimVibe.

Hope to offer something back over the next couple of days so that we can further the progress at least for units that are the same/similar as mine.

Thanks, that was a trick I missed; seeing the copy-to-clipboard option, but not imagining its application.

That's exactly how I combined the effects from 4-5 different profiles to create one 'master' profile and it seemed to work pretty well.

What didn't work so well was not exporting the profile I was working on before I formatted my PC. I backed up the Simhub documents folder, yet the profile that was current and active in the software was absent. HIGHLY annoying as I had to go back and remember all the slider and hz settings that I had settled on just a day or so before. My fault for not backing up ALL the folders, which it was probably hiding in a temp folder in the program files directory as opposed to the documents folder, but yeah that sucked.

Yeah other times I've backed up the entire drive and copied across the whole program data and program files x86 folders, but this time I only backed up the documents folder which has the exported profiles and clearly not the profiles that are not fully exported to a file. My mistake and I've exported the new one AND backed it up to the google drive in case the worst happens.

Some current issues I find with Simhub
If working on profiles/effects and changing the output channels.
You need to close and restart the program for it to activate the change.

Also often if in a profile for a while and then you go to export it to back it up, the export/import will not work. Again you have to close the program and it appears to always load with the last setttings used.

THEN be sure to go back and export the profile you could of spent ages on to have a saved copy.

Thanks for the profile Rod @Mr Latte , will give it a good go tomorrow during the day and report back with some findings.

I've combined a lot of effects from previous profiles that I've perused through and have settled on a decent overall profile. Once I am completely happy with it I can upload for others to try, or at least have a go at finding what effects they prefer to have active compared to myself. Since removing the motion from my rig, I have added effects that I have not paid any attention to for a good 3 years or so, back when I was using SimVibe.

Hope to offer something back over the next couple of days so that we can further the progress at least for units that are the same/similar as mine.

I am keen to see what you discover between the BK Mini and the Mini Quake and this engine test

I have played about with settings for it and also the BKG2 I have, so will be interesting to see what you use for layer volumes to what I liked. Also, issues maybe discovered.

GAMER 2 CACK CACK CACK
The noise and piston rattle of the BK Gamer when trying to apply that lowest Hz is a friggin racket and when the unit is used with higher amp settings. I was able to tame it by using lower amp settings and it's one of the limitations trying to get much energy from the lowest Hz on this unit.

It feels nothing like the larger BK does with those low Hz layers.

This appears also something I think a lot of BKG2 amp/unit onwers do is they power the unit too much and then also apply high soundcard output.

Often this will happen when people have the units installed to the main-frame of a rig and not direct to seat/pedals or use isolation. In their scenarios, to feel the unit properly they have to crank the volume high as they waste much of the energy with their installations.

In my view, It just can't handle it and does not operate as well when that is the approach people take. Improve your installations, use less volume on the amp and you should get a more controlled and enjoyable tactile.

It really can sound nasty with those first 2 layers.

The Mini Quike however, while I'm knew to it I certainly felt and heard differences from its operation and used different volume settings with the layers too. Look forward to reading what you have to say from your own comparisons based on your rig installation and preferences.

Right gents, it may be a waste of time but I am going to create a new thread with a poll.
It will offer 3 engine variants for people to try and vote on which they prefer and mention what hardware they used.

Just working now on the 3rd set.

Suggestions for file sharing service?

Last edited:
To summarize, the Visaton BS 130 will be chalked up as a "learning experience".
A DAEX32EP-4 array appears to be a useful solution for low amplitude horizontal tactile feedback
down to 1 Hz.

So when you get (up to) 1hz out of the DAEX32EP4 I have to rethink the choice of amplifier.
My " pedalshakers" seriously drop of around 40hz.
Which doesn´t render them useless, but when there is more to be had??

MFG Carsten

@Mr Latte I was trying your ACC profiles, I have only just got acc going so it was timely.

I have been using a simhub profile you made some time ago and its been very good for a variety or cars.

I like the acc one, I could tell right away I dont have the gear to make the most of it. as I only have the bk mini's. I was looking at getting some of the small exciters for the pedals but now I am thinking that I might get more satisfaction from something bigger than my mini lfes to help bring some of this to life.

@Mr Latte I was trying your ACC profiles, I have only just got acc going so it was timely.

I have been using a simhub profile you made some time ago and its been very good for a variety or cars.

I like the acc one, I could tell right away I dont have the gear to make the most of it. as I only have the bk minis. I was looking at getting some of the small exciters for the pedals but now I am thinking that I might get more satisfaction from something bigger than my mini lfes to help bring some of this to life.

Much better profiles are still possible than some of my older ones.
That recent set is just to let people feel engines that don't fizzle out or have no mid-rpm range.
With the various layers, it's possible for a user to create their own mix/feel as several of the layers compound on the natural generated harmonics of others.

You can duplicate one of the versions, yet achieve a different feel from each just by altering the individual volumes and not having to change the Hz used.

When I have my isolation sorted I can get my seat properly attached. Then I can start again to get more serious into continuing my own effects experimentation and some creativity. I pretty much have learned what works well on most transducers but still some tests and ideas to try with the exciters and how we combine them with their own effects layers.

Effects can be created to better use the "BK / Exciter" installation concept. This also works well with BK / TST combos. I can even then downscale effects to work more within the performance ranges of the more budget transducers. Still giving people better effects than what they might already have.

Keep in mind. I have not shared some of my own work yet.
Much more to come and can be done,

Here is one of my own (w.i.p) editions of the recently discussed "Load & Slip" effect kindly worked on by @blekenbleu

I have applied multilayers for different sensations as the slip/load intensifies.
Not tested these on "Exciters" but offered an option for the user to try using this effect with Mid Bass Hz going to Exciters and Low Bass going to large Buttkickers.

The effects are labeled in a way not to mix them, just pay attention with set 1 or set 2
Users should be able to test this with all the available spatialization options

Mono / Sides / Front Rear / Corners
However, with these, you need to ensure you are routing each wheel to the proper channel

As we discussed here, I had even tried a single transducer but with the effects set to "Corners" and then made sure each wheel was routed to the required output channel for that unit. This appeared to have the same activity as using "Mono" but seemed to output more energy.

Its an ideal way to feel slip on a large single BK unit or a user with one in pedals and one in seat could try "Front Rear" mode.

These instructions apply:

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa - blekenblu - Load & Slip Custom Effect - March 2021.siprofile.txt
    61 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
@blekenbleu
So, as a custom effect thing to play with an idea, is it possible to offer a gearchange that only outputs if

1. The car's rpm is above a percentage of the max rpm? (Eg 80% or 90%)
2. Upshifts only
3. Downshifts only

I want to experiment in adding different sensations for those scenarios
Also to add extra surge to work with high rpm in downshifts

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back