Tachometer makes GTR2 freeze

Hi everyone. Help needed.

I've had this issue for quite a long time now. With certain cars, whenever a text appears on the top (new fastest lap; corner cutting; press space to skip formation lap) the game suddendly freezes, then after a minute or so, unfreezes but all the tachometers turn black. So the issue there is certainly related to the tachometer, as i only experience this issue with cars that have at least one (LMC, Power & Glory, Estonia 21 and even HQ Ferrari 550 and Corvette C5). I've tried reinstalling HQ patch, reinstalling Power & Glory and every other mod that has this problem, i've even tried a fresh install of the game, but i still have the issue with base game F550 and C5. It's strange because i've never experienced it and all of a sudden it started appearing. Plus this happens only if i run the game in administrator mode (which is usually recommended) while if i just doubleclick on the game, it won't run correctly but i won't have the issue.

I don't know where to look anymore, i've checked on various forums but nobody seems to have this exact issue.

Hope somebody can help.

I would suspect an issue with vid drivers or DX. Check "Programs and Features" (or its equivalent in your OS) for "Microsoft Visual C++ xxxx Redistributable -" entries, there will probably be several, the necessary one for older games will have "2008 9.0" in the line.

Also, do not install in any "Program Files" folders, this can cause major file access problems with newer OS and older software.

I would suspect an issue with vid drivers or DX. Check "Programs and Features" (or its equivalent in your OS) for "Microsoft Visual C++ xxxx Redistributable -" entries, there will probably be several, the necessary one for older games will have "2008 9.0" in the line.

Also, do not install in any "Program Files" folders, this can cause major file access problems with newer OS and older software.
I checked and i have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable in version 9.0.30729, and the game isn't installed in Program Files.
I'm pretty sure something happened with vid drivers as i manually installed a new driver directly from HP website as the PC won't give me any, didn't have any other problems so i didn't think it could be related to this.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help, i will try to restore the old driver and see if something changes.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.