Sweet FX Graphics Enhancement Mod

Header3.jpg

Hi guys, i just build a small graphics mod with the well know Sweet FX Enhancement.

All you need is to download the Zip in the link and extract the content into your .../Steamapps/raceroom racing experience/Game folder. Its the Folder with the RRRE.exe.

After extracting the game will automaticly start with the moded graphics. To enable/disable the effect and see the difference ingame, push the "scroll lock" key on your keyboard.

To de-install the mod, just delete the files from the Zip out of your Game directory. They don´t overwrite any files.

Here are some Screens to show what it will do. Hope you like it!

Screens:
Before
A2.jpg
A1.jpg

After

Before
B2.jpg
B1.jpg

After

Before
F2.jpg
F1.jpg

After

Before
D2.jpg
D1.jpg

After

Last edited:
I game exclusively in VR, so can somebody please tell me the best way to cleanly remove SweetFX/Reshade from my AC folder so that load times improve, including any .dll files that need deleting? Many thanks!

Edit: oops - didn't realise this was the R3E forum...

Last edited:
I've installed this as instructed, into my Raceroom "Game" folder, but it doesn't seem to do anything in game and hitting scroll lock doesn't change anything. Not sure what's wrong here. I'm running the 64-bit version of Raceroom, if it makes any difference?

I've installed this as instructed, into my Raceroom "Game" folder, but it doesn't seem to do anything in game and hitting scroll lock doesn't change anything. Not sure what's wrong here. I'm running the 64-bit version of Raceroom, if it makes any difference?
Sadly it only works in 32-bit at the moment.
Same thing for me..
There seems to be a way with some settings under windows 10 to get it running again. I'm on windows 7 though so no sweetfx/reshade for me.

I've tried copy the files to my x64 folder, but still doesn't seem to do anything there, do I need to do something else as well? It does work if I copy the files to my "Game" folder and run in 32 bit mode, though

I've tried copy the files to my x64 folder, but still doesn't seem to do anything there, do I need to do something else as well? It does work if I copy the files to my "Game" folder and run in 32 bit mode, though
Yeah, you did everything correctly! It just won't work with 64-bit.
There seems to be a way that has to do something with Win 10's "gaming mode" etc. I have no clue about it. Just wait for Martin to reply. He's usually very fast with it :)

Edit: Post #47 in this thread mentions it. No idea if that works for you or if you need to do something else though!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sweet-fx-graphics-enhancement-mod.121918/page-3#post-2639608

Yeah, you did everything correctly! It just won't work with 64-bit.
There seems to be a way that has to do something with Win 10's "gaming mode" etc. I have no clue about it. Just wait for Martin to reply. He's usually very fast with it :)

Edit: Post #47 in this thread mentions it. No idea if that works for you or if you need to do something else though!
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sweet-fx-graphics-enhancement-mod.121918/page-3#post-2639608

How can I tell if I have full screen optimizations disabled or not? Thanks

BTW in 32 bit mode I tried Gongo's settings, I like those a lot, removes the "gray haze" from the game without over-doing things too much

You can see whether or not you do have fullscreen optimizations enabled if you right click on the game executable file (for 64bit, it's RRE64.exe in the x64 folder under the game install folder), click Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. It is almost at the bottom.

However, if you don't know where to find this, it is very likely you have fullscreen optimizations enabled, as that is the default setting.

Note that I haven't tested ReShade for a while, so something might've changed in the meantime in either Windows, R3E or ReShade itself. I will try again when I can, just to be sure it still works for me.

You can see whether or not you do have fullscreen optimizations enabled if you right click on the game executable file (for 64bit, it's RRE64.exe in the x64 folder under the game install folder), click Properties and then go to the Compatibility tab. It is almost at the bottom.

However, if you don't know where to find this, it is very likely you have fullscreen optimizations enabled, as that is the default setting.

Note that I haven't tested ReShade for a while, so something might've changed in the meantime in either Windows, R3E or ReShade itself. I will try again when I can, just to be sure it still works for me.

Thanks - rre64.exe does NOT have full-screen optimisations disabled, but Reshade is still not working :-(

@Metalogic BTW, going over what you've done...have you really just copied all of the ReShade files (including the d3d9.dll) from the 32bit folder to the 64bit folder? If so, then I think that could actually be your problem, as I believe the d3d9.dll has a 32bit and 64bit version and ReShade installs the correct one for you based on the game executable. And obviously, if you've just copied over the 32bit one to the 64bit folder, then it's not compatible with the 64bit executable and ReShade is not started.

Last edited:
@Metalogic BTW, going over what you've done...have you really just copied all of the ReShade files (including the d3d9.dll) from the 32bit folder to the 64bit folder? If so, then I think that could actually be your problem, as I believe the d3d9.dll has a 32bit and 64bit version and ReShade installs the correct one for you based on the game executable. And obviously, if you've just copied over the 32bit one to the 64bit folder, then it's not compatible with the 64bit executable and ReShade is not started.

Sort of, I decompressed the package linked to from this thread, and then copied it into my x64 folder. I didn't run any installer for reShade - where would I find this?

Yes, I've found the link in the first post after you've mentioned it :) And yes, that link contains files that shouldn't be distributed like this according to the ReShade website. Plus it has obviously not been updated for the 64bit version of R3E.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back