Sweet FX Graphics Enhancement Mod

Header3.jpg

Hi guys, i just build a small graphics mod with the well know Sweet FX Enhancement.

All you need is to download the Zip in the link and extract the content into your .../Steamapps/raceroom racing experience/Game folder. Its the Folder with the RRRE.exe.

After extracting the game will automaticly start with the moded graphics. To enable/disable the effect and see the difference ingame, push the "scroll lock" key on your keyboard.

To de-install the mod, just delete the files from the Zip out of your Game directory. They don´t overwrite any files.

Here are some Screens to show what it will do. Hope you like it!

Screens:
Before
A2.jpg
A1.jpg

After

Before
B2.jpg
B1.jpg

After

Before
F2.jpg
F1.jpg

After

Before
D2.jpg
D1.jpg

After

Last edited:
What issues do you have using ReShade? I seem to have no problems with it in the 64bit version. You just have to install it to the x64 folder where the 64bit executable is, not to the main game folder.

It seems to be some kind of issue with Steam (my guess).
When I try to start RRE the first screen with "Starting..." shows but after 20 seconds it closes and I get a message saying:
Can't connect to server.
Error code 0.

And when I click OK it opens up a web page where it says Bad Gateway.

I have installed it to the x64-folder.
I have made sure it is the 64-bit dll.
I have tried both Direct3D version 8/9 and Direct3D 10+ (wich worked before the update)
It is the official Reshade v3 i use

Do you use the official installer or do you use some custom package?

Last edited:
Just tried with Reshade 3.1.0 and choosing DX9 and it doesn't work. Getting the same error.
For me DX10+ worked before (and I know it sounds strange because RRE is obviously DX9 but I have installed this several times).
And I reinstalled both Steam and RRE yesterday so there are no old files that can be the problem.
Game works like a charm apart from not wanting to start with Reshade.
Thanks for your help anyway Martin.

So you can run the game just fine right now without ReShade, but if you install ReShade, you get that "unable to connect to server" error?

BTW, did you try running the game as administrator and/or disabling fullscreen optimizations? I don't seem to need either, but still, might be worth trying I guess.

If I force the game to run 32-bit via Steam I can get the 32-bit version to work with Reshade.
I installed Reshade in the Game folder and just to try I tested to choose DX9 and it worked.
I then removed the three d3d9-files belonging to Reshade and tried with DX10 (dxgi-version of the files) and it also worked. But whatever I do I can't get Reshade to run with the game in 64 bit.
I already tried to run the game as admin but with the same result.

Same for me somehow! :(
32 bit works fine but 64 bit either doesn't start at all (error 0) or the sweetfx/reshade version doesn't do anything.

Tried every version I found on my computer...
@Martin Fiala you really run the latest reshade version, 64 bit and it actually has an effect (on/off button works?)?

@RasmusP Yes, really.

Up to date Win 10 x64 build, latest nVidia drivers. Installed the official 3.1.0 package into the x64 folder, ran the game as admin. The only thing I know of that has an effect is if you disable fullscreen optimizations for the game, it doesn't seem to start with ReShade. That's happening since at least the Fall Creators Update and it did happen with the 32bit version of the game before.

(Please bear with the loading times and the general clumsiness of the video, but it's just for illustration anyway.)

@RasmusP Yes, really.

Up to date Win 10 x64 build, latest nVidia drivers. Installed the official 3.1.0 package into the x64 folder, ran the game as admin. The only thing I know of that has an effect is if you disable fullscreen optimizations for the game, it doesn't seem to start with ReShade. That's happening since at least the Fall Creators Update and it did happen with the 32bit version of the game before.

(Please bear with the loading times and the general clumsiness of the video, but it's just for illustration anyway.)
Thanks man!
So these "fullscreen optimizations" are my only clue then.
I'm on Windows 7 though, sorry that I didn't mention it!

Seems like this feature is win 10 only?

Yeah, it's Win 10 stuff only, they're messing with fullscreen apps somehow. I'll give it a go on Win 7 later today and see what happens. Might be that's the problem, because I think disabling fullscreen optimizations makes the fullscreen games behave more like on Win 7 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, it's Win 10 stuff only, they're messing with fullscreen apps somehow. I'll give it a go on Win 7 later today and see what happens. Might be that's the problem, because I think disabling fullscreen optimizations makes the fullscreen games behave more like on Win 7 if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah thinking the same!
I might give it a go on Win 10 but the last time my Steam libraries got a bit screwed up. Different Partition letters :whistling:

Anyway: I mainly used it for sharpening after I applied SGSSAA through the inspector.
Just tried to reduce it to 2x sgssaa (on top of 8x msaa) and then giving it some -0.750 LOD bias.
Looks good so far I must say! :)

My gaming partition on this computer is Win 7 as well so maybe it's only a Win 7 problem.
But it's no big deal if I can't get it to work (even though I hope I can) as mainly use SweetFX/Reshade for sharpening and some desaturation. In games like like F1 2017 and PC2 I would really miss SweetFX/Reshade (especially the blurry mess of F1 2017) but RRE is the game where I feel the least need to alter the original image as it's sharp and has the best colour palette of any racing sim in my opinion. I use Nvidia DSR with 3840 × 2160 resolution and 8x supersampling on top of that so it's really sharp and for desaturation the realistic mood file still works and does a decent job.

My gaming partition on this computer is Win 7 as well so maybe it's only a Win 7 problem.
But it's no big deal if I can't get it to work (even though I hope I can) as mainly use SweetFX/Reshade for sharpening and some desaturation. In games like like F1 2017 and PC2 I would really miss SweetFX/Reshade (especially the blurry mess of F1 2017) but RRE is the game where I feel the least need to alter the original image as it's sharp and has the best colour palette of any racing sim in my opinion. I use Nvidia DSR with 3840 × 2160 resolution and 8x supersampling on top of that so it's really sharp and for desaturation the realistic mood file still works and does a decent job.
How do you apply the supersampling?
If you are in a nvidia you could force some negative los bias to sharp the imagine.
Too much and the trees start to shimmer though :p

How do you apply the supersampling?
If you are in a nvidia you could force some negative los bias to sharp the imagine.
Too much and the trees start to shimmer though :p

In Nvida's Control Panel there is an option named Antialiasing - Transparency where I choose "8x (supersampling)".
I haven't tried the "negative los bias" (I guess it only works in Mexican Windows) ;) as I'm not using Nvidia inspector and in the Nvidia control panel you can't set a specific value. But might install the Inspector as this could be useful. Introducing shimmering though wouldn't be nice - you then might think you started PC2 by mistake instead of RRE. :rolleyes:

In Nvida's Control Panel there is an option named Antialiasing - Transparency where I choose "8x (supersampling)".
I haven't tried the "negative los bias" (I guess it only works in Mexican Windows) ;) as I'm not using Nvidia inspector and in the Nvidia control panel you can't set a specific value. But might install the Inspector as this could be useful. Introducing shimmering though wouldn't be nice - you then might think you started PC2 by mistake instead of RRE. :rolleyes:
Over the last few years, this "supersampling" in the control panel never did anything (check your GPU load! It stays absolutely the same...).
Only game it did something was CS:GO at a friends PC.

That's when I found my path to the inspector. If you need any help there anytime: I'd happily give you an introduction. It's super easy when you know what to do :p

To the lod bias: I normally hate it and use some "workaround" to get the CLAMP option back, which restricts negative lod bias and therefore reduces flickering and shimmering in DX9 titles.

In Raceroom I really like to go a bit negative and don't use the workaround. SGSSAA (best Anti Aliasing there is in my opinion) blurs the image a litte bit and this just works against it. I prefer Lumasharpen though... :(

I love your pcars2 statement btw!:laugh::roflmao::roflmao:
Everyone going crazy about the best graphics ever and I'm sitting there, triggered by the massive flickering:whistling::whistling:
Gets better with some massive Anti Aliasing and every other setting on low-medium (GTX 1070 btw). But then Raceroom looks better, lol!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back