Sweet FX Graphics Enhancement Mod

Header3.jpg

Hi guys, i just build a small graphics mod with the well know Sweet FX Enhancement.

All you need is to download the Zip in the link and extract the content into your .../Steamapps/raceroom racing experience/Game folder. Its the Folder with the RRRE.exe.

After extracting the game will automaticly start with the moded graphics. To enable/disable the effect and see the difference ingame, push the "scroll lock" key on your keyboard.

To de-install the mod, just delete the files from the Zip out of your Game directory. They don´t overwrite any files.

Here are some Screens to show what it will do. Hope you like it!

Screens:
Before
A2.jpg
A1.jpg

After

Before
B2.jpg
B1.jpg

After

Before
F2.jpg
F1.jpg

After

Before
D2.jpg
D1.jpg

After

Last edited:
I try this fx mod, and also Bongo adjustement but it's too bright for me. The menus are almost white with my monitor calibrated. Too bad I liked the contrast ... is it possible to improve this?

I try this fx mod, and also Bongo adjustement but it's too bright for me. The menus are almost white with my monitor calibrated. Too bad I liked the contrast ... is it possible to improve this?
I use SweetFX too but I think it's another build.
Normally you have the "sweetFX_settings.txt" where you can adjust all settings to your liking.
I found R3E very dull and due to my sgssaa it's blurred too so I activated the following settings:
- Bloom
- HDR
- Lumasharpen
- DPX
- Tonemap
- Vibrance
- Curves
So I don't know exactly what settings YOU have (but saw Bongos Post on Page 1) and don't want to test it (sweetFX can be very buggy... mine is fine so never touch a running system!) BUT:

If you like everything but the brightness of the white:
- Bloom: you could raise the "BloomThreshold" so the white doesn't get boosted as high.
You could reduce "BloomPower" to get the white above the Threshold less boosted.

-HDR: raising HDRPower darkens the image so adjust it. Careful here: if you have 0.95 i.e. just raise it to 0.97! It's REALLY sensitive!

The rest is more important for the colors, which you like. So try to adjust Bloom and HDR. Here are my settings btw:
R3E_SweetFXBloom_HDR.JPG

I'd say it's not possible for any post-processing technique to up the contrast without crushing the blacks and blowing the highlights.
Yes and no. With curves you can and like in Photoshop there are "light" and "shadow" adjustments possible so you can adjust colors and darker shades of an image while the whiter shades don't get affected. Also you could raise the contrast and then "compress" the whites or just lower them :) But you always lose details, that's where you are right!

Thank you very much RasmusP, I will try this ! Can you tell me which version of Sweetfx you use ?
Good night
I just looked into the download in the opening post and I think I have the same! You have 2x "sweetFX_settings.txt". One in the root R3E folder and one under "sweetFX"-folder. You need to modify the one in the ROOT folder!! And make sure you open that with notepad++, because sometimes the sweetFX.txt gets fcked up from the windows-notepad :)

I tried a few tweaks yesterday night ....
- realistic mood
- your Sweetfx, Rasmus .... with first Default.mood and afterwards even with Realistic.mood

1st test .... Realistic mood .. already changes a lot ... and I already appreciate it that way much better than the default one.
2nd test: your Sweetfx settings with Default.mood .... what I first liked was the more sharpened details in trees, etc ... but already found it a bit ( let's say but it's not the right word ) brutal .... a bit over-contrasted.
3d test .... idem with Realistic.mood .... rather forget it ... the effect is in this case worse. :D

I surely will try Gongo's tweaks to your settings this evening if I have time .... maybe the effects will be more subtle. ... time will tell.;)

Now in fact, they are external circumstances which might have their importance for choosing one or other settings ..... own monitor, personal monitor settings, time of day, external light, distance of the eyes from the screen, bright light or tempered light in the evening ( this one being my own case: just 2 desk lights and the 24" single screen just behind the wheel )

But finally .... all this much better than the default .... default.mood :laugh:
Maybe default.mood + your sweetfx + Gongo's tweaks will be my choice ?? .... I'll discover it "soon™" :whistling:
Dull default ...surely not .... too brutal of course also not .... but just inbetween should be perfect ... for the taste and the eyes when driving for 2 hours.

But already thanks for sharing, Rasmus:thumbsup:

I tried a few tweaks yesterday night ....
1st test .... Realistic mood .. already changes a lot ... and I already appreciate it that way much better than the default one.
2nd test: your Sweetfx settings with Default.mood .... what I first liked was the more sharpened details in trees, etc ... but already found it a bit ( let's say but it's not the right word ) brutal .... a bit over-contrasted.
3d test .... idem with Realistic.mood .... rather forget it ... the effect is in this case worse. :D

I can totally understand your point and I will test the realistic.mood instead of my SweetFX! Thanks for the feedback :)
Just to explain: I calibrated my screen to please my eyes when I work on it every day so when I compare my colours to friends, my screen is a little bit washed out you could say.
Plus: I have 4x SGSSAA applied which really blurs the image! If you want to adjust the realistic.mood further with SweetFX just go to the SweetFX_settings.txt as I described above and only activate ONE of the settings at time. Without SGSSAA you won't need the "Lumasharpen". Also with realistic.mood you won't need vibrance, Tonemap, Liftgammagain etc :)

Finally I had time yesterday to apply Gongo's tweaks in your Sweetfx settings.
Well, as he mentioned in his post ... the changes make the effects more subtle while not changed fundamentally.
I really prefer this slightly modified version .... namely for its slighly softer contrast.

But ... and this is the big BUT :D.... both have the disavantage to make all game menus out of track white blinding .... even the image background is nearly invisible and it makes all screens .... ugly and not homely at all. :sick:
The only trick should be to switch Sweetfx out when in menus and switch it on again when on track. Why not ? even though it might be repetitive.

In conclusion ( mine of course ;) ), even still with colors a bit too washed out, running the game in "realistic.mood" is already much finer than the default one .... without having any other adverse side effect.

NB: maybe I'll have a look at the settings of the one I'm using for AC ( an older one with d3d11 dll as we discovered that dxgi.dll caused problems for AC launcher often blocked at one step of its process....) just applying most details of its settings for contrast and Lumasharpen. .... maybe it should be enough to make the look less washed out.

Does anyone tested sweetFX with the Oculus Rift and could tell if it is worth it to try?
Just try it. It's nothing to lose! You just put a few files into the game folder and that's it. If the game crashes you delete the files and that's it :) (not completely true because you will have a log file created, delete that too..)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back