1. Do you love cycling and/or running?
    Join the RaceDepartment community on Strava here.

Sweet FX Graphics Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Matthias Zlusch, May 16, 2016.

1. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch

Ratings:
    +6
    [​IMG]

Hi guys, i just build a small graphics mod with the well know Sweet FX Enhancement.

All you need is to download the Zip in the link and extract the content into your .../Steamapps/raceroom racing experience/Game folder. Its the Folder with the RRRE.exe.

After extracting the game will automaticly start with the moded graphics. To enable/disable the effect and see the difference ingame, push the "scroll lock" key on your keyboard.

To de-install the mod, just delete the files from the Zip out of your Game directory. They don´t overwrite any files.

Here are some Screens to show what it will do. Hope you like it!

Screens:
    Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Before
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. biancazzurro

biancazzurro

Ratings:
    +2
    Great mod perfect for me thank you

3. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad

Ratings:
    +15
    i tried this and had to uninstall it will it not work with triple screens please

4. Insert Coin

Insert Coin

Ratings:
    +141
    Looks great, always disliked the blueish screen in R3E. Contrast is a bit high though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch

Ratings:
    +6
    yep, tripescreen doesnt work right here. heard about that in other forums. Sorry about that :(

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad

Ratings:
    +15
    no problem and no need to be sorry,i did wonder if i had installed it wrong but thank you for confirming it doesnt work with triples

7. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +309
    Crashes R3E at startup. Quite odd since I've never known SweetFX to cause issues but oh well.

8. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium

Ratings:
    +507
    The old cinematic trick (i also apply that to most of my photographs): Increase the contrast for that extra 3-dimensional look, but at least to me it gets really tough on the eyes.
    Bringing up the green and red values a little bit would be all i'd change, but i of course know that many love that high contrast setting as it looks cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,413
    Prefer the standard R3E look myself.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Sad Sad x 1
  10. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +900
    I tried this, made everything very white, nothing like the pictures above :(

11. gongo

gongo

Ratings:
    +68
    I tried it out last night and the HDR, Bloom, and DPX settings are *way* blown out. I guess it depends on your screen panel, and maybe blowing out the contrast and bloom like that works nice on an uncalibrated 6-bit dithered 24" TN panel, but these settings are completely unusable on a 10-bit IPS panel. If you're hooking up to a TV, I'll bet that the TV is actually scaling back the effect as well.
    I notice that a lot of people with 1080p TN panels are running full brightness and almost 0 contrast, so you'll likely get better results just calibrating your actual monitor settings first.

Just FYI, I'm using a Pantone Huey and setting my white point at anywhere between 120-150 cd (usually 20-35% brightness on most screens).

12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,424
    FYI if you check your rre main fold there's a folder within called RRE moods inside there's 3 different moods to pick from....personally I enjoy the look of the realistic mood.
    To select a different mood just rename the one you want to either default or standard I can't remember.....but it's one of the 3 available in the folder.
    Give me a bit and I'll find the link with full details :)

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gongo

gongo

Ratings:
    +68
    Here are the settings that I found to be more friendly on the eyes, using your SweetFX settings as the base. The effect is still there, but a little more subtle. You'll still get the highlighted bloom, darker shadows, and saturated colors, but you'll actually get some range in there now.
    Code:
       /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
      /                  Bloom settings                             /
      '-----------------------------------------------------------*/
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.146     //[0.000 to 8.000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom
    Code:
      /                  HDR settings                               /
    #define HDRPower 1.08  //[0.00 to 8.00] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2  0.78  //[0.00 to 8.00] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter
    Code:
      /                  Cineon DPX settings                        /
    #define Red   15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue  15.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    1.2  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 1.2  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.60 to 0.20]
    #define GreenC 0.36  //[0.60 to 0.20]
    #define BlueC  0.34  //[0.60 to 0.20]

#define Blend 0.07    //[0.00 to 1.00] How strong the effect should be.
    Code:
      /                  Curves settings                            /
    #define Curves_mode 2        //[0|1|2] Choose what to apply contrast to. 0 = Luma, 1 = Chroma, 2 = both Luma and Chroma. Default is 0 (Luma)
    #define Curves_contrast 0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 3     //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9] The contrast s-curve you want to use.
                                 //1 = Sine, 2 = Abs split, 3 = Smoothstep, 4 = Exp formula, 5 = Simplified Catmull-Rom (0,0,1,1), 6 = Perlins Smootherstep
                                 //7 = Abs add, 8 = Techicolor Cinestyle, 9 = Parabola.
                                 //Note that Technicolor Cinestyle is practically identical to Sine, but runs slower. In fact I think the difference might only be due to rounding errors.
                                 //I prefer 2 myself, but 3 is a nice alternative with a little more effect (but harsher on the highlight and shadows) and it's the fastest formula.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gongo

gongo

Ratings:
    +68
    SweetFX really does add a lot to this game. The more I play R3E with it on, the more I like it! Here are some screenshots that I took yesterday, now serving as desktop wallpaper on my tablet and PC (both crop well to 16:10 and 16:9, just set it to center/fill):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. rainer61

rainer61

Ratings:
    +22
    I always liked RR-graphics a lot, more than Project Cars for example. But this is great.

Thank you very much. I use it with the games default mood and it is a fantastic improvement. For me a must have. Sharper, deeper and more immersive. I have w10, a fx6300 and a Radeon R9280x and get 50 frames average with 17 opponents and full game settings. (60 fps average before.)

I know Spa at any day- and nighttime myself and your mod moves the picture to the real mood.

16. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Guys. It seems some people had problems with the mod lately. If you start the Game with it and get a crash pls try to disable things like MSI Afterburner, Steam Overlay or Nvidia Experience. They add a new layer on the game an it could be a problem. It worked for the most people with this problem.

So far i wish you all a wunderfull racetime with fancy graphics! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,309
    So if I want to record with Shadowplay and this mod, it's a no go,no? I am not complaining, just asking.

18. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike

Ratings:
    +55
    Maybe it works with just disabling the overlays (FPS, Recording, Camera) in shadowplay?

19. Matthias Zlusch

Matthias Zlusch

Ratings:
    +6
    no. It depends if you have problems with the mod. Not everybody does :) If you dont have problems just use shadowplay! :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stephen Armstrong

Stephen Armstrong

Ratings:
    +32
    I can`t find this folder ?