AC SURPRISE TIERDROP EVENT, Tue 3rd January 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
wEFDucH.jpeg
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

For maximum fun, a surprise event where every driver, slow or fast is guaranteed some intense battles on the track, since - let's be honest - this is the primary reason we want to drive together. Attacking, defending, trading paint with others on the track! But "how is that possible?", you may ask. "I'm always miles in front of everyone else!", or "I never catch up to the fast guys!", you may think.
The solution is so simple: we'll do a couple of sprint races, and the fast drivers enter a slower car each round! As easy as pie! So let me present to you this brand new experimental format:

RD's FIRST TIERDROP EVENT
A tierdrop event consists of five 12 minute sprint races. The first round of the event has a qualifying session and the actual sprint race. In this first round everyone drives the same car.

Now it gets special: At the end of each round close the game and rejoin as soon as the server has switched to the next one. Each driver of the top half finishers will be given a car that's about 3% slower than the one they just drove.
The other drivers keep their current car. There is no more qualifying, instead the starting grid is set up like this: The grid is divided into groups of the same car. Slowest cars at the front, fastest cars at the back. The drivers in each car group are placed in order of their finishing position in the previous race.
Additional space between each group of different cars will be reserved automatically, which should act as insurance that typical first corner issues are kept to a minimum.

The winner of the event is determined in the very last race - the driver in the slowest car who crosses the checkered flag first is the champion! (The very, very best drivers may even drive a different, slower car each round, if they keep being in the top half finishers!)

So sign up to see how you will cope in this situation. Of course you can't do any practice for this event so it will cost you only about 75 minutes in total.

Other information:
  • Practicing is not possible. The race server will be started a few minutes before the event.
  • Each round is on the same track, which is a well known short Kunos track with a lap time of not more than about 1:30, and all cars are Kunos cars. You'll either need the Ultimate Edition of AC (90% sale on Steam at the moment), or these DLCs (also all on sale right now):
    Ready To Race Pack, Porsche Pack 1,
    Tripl3 Pack and Dream Pack 1.
  • Qualify will be only 10 minutes, and only for the first round.
  • If you have questions, please post them in this thread.
  • Register now by posting below that you'd like to join! You'll get the password for the event by direct message.
  • The normal rules apply for this event.
  • This event will not be ranked.
It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord-Voice for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Server information:
  • Practice Server: there will be no practice server
  • Race server: Search for "Racedepartment.com Tierdrop" (Link will also be posted here a few minutes before the event.)
  • Tue, Jan 3rd, 2023 - 21:00 CET, 20:00 BST (20:00 UTC) | Event start
Event details:
  • Cars: not the Shelby Cobra
  • Track: not Spa
  • Pit stop: we ain't got no time for that
  • Tyre blankets / Tyre wear / Fuel usage: Yes / 0% / 0%
  • Car setup: open, but you won't have much time or practice to change it. (it could be wise to put only 1 liter of fuel into your tank)
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi OnlyPans,

Our club races are for premium members only (14,99 euro/year, see tab PREMIUM).
If you want to join our weekly races, you have to upgrade and also to enter your real name in your RDaccount/account details in the field REAL NAME.

If you have done that, post again and I will send you a PM with the password and the necessary information.

I’m in Han, I like to try new formats and mystery events: :thumbsup:
Yeah it's like having some fun with friends, trying some random/stupid stuff but without getting really stupid and that I have no real-life friends that do simracing, lol. :D

Great to have this place to come together for the fun :)

Last edited:
Just one wee point, do we have to have fixed setup, mostly it is the only reason I can get a decent race from these cars.
Otherwise , it is all brakes locking up followed by constant oversteer.
Then all that happens is the fun is soon sucked out of these older cars.
:(

Just one wee point, do we have to have fixed setup, mostly it is the only reason I can get a decent race from these cars.
Starting with the second round we'll just be thrown into a new car right onto the starting grid where we wait for the lights to go green. (Which should be one of the main parts of this tierdrop format)
Would you be willing to change the setup on the starting grid without being able to practice - probably in a car you've never driven before on the chosen track?

Starting with the second round we'll just be thrown into a new car right onto the starting grid where we wait for the lights to go green. (Which should be one of the main parts of this tierdrop format)
Would you be willing to change the setup on the starting grid without being able to practice - probably in a car you've never driven before on the chosen track?
@Kek700 do you only need to adjust the brake pressure?
Then it would be possible to unlock that one setting from my knowledge and you could simply take off 20% or whatever :)

Not really, AC setups from my perspective are not very good, without setting the car up I find them to be most unimpressive, and rarely do I find, if ever, a standard setup of any use.
Even cars with minimal setups can give me some room for manoeuvre.

I cannot see why we should be restricted by no setup.

105706__58140.1542713995.380.500.jpg

I am happy to do the setup without practice, just on the start line.

generally, I can do that, the practice validates it for me, but usually not essential.

Last edited:
I am happy to do the setup without practice, just on the start line.
tumblr_lzi54pmRXC1rn95k2o1_500.gif

You're someone hard to have an argument with ;-)
Setups will be open for you alien fast drivers... (I'll update the initial post)
Will you join the event, so I can put your name in the list of drivers?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back