Suddenly EXTREMELY long time to load tracks...

Not sure whats going on, but suddenly theres a very slow loading of tracks... A lot of .kn5 files (and similar) I have not seen before! Loading Lemans 24H (Circ. de la Sarte) and other longer tracks (highlands long) takes ages to load. Was much quicker before.

Any suggestion what might have happened? =(

The problem is back... I formatted the PC, install everything again and installed 1 by 1 cars and tracks... a couple of days working perfect... and then suddenly, again... slow loading and a lot of stuttering in game.... Both things go in hand... when loading times are quick, I have perfect smooth image (frametime 16.6 without even a hiccup)... but when this start no way to revert it back... so annoying

Have a look here, specifically the last few posts.

Have a look here, specifically the last few posts.

You are the man!! I think you nailed it!! Thank you very very very much man!!!!

Seen the video from 20ld4Forza and applied the solution and for now it´s working perfect. And his assumption of windows putting the acs.exe in a sort of "black list", I think he is right. Prior to getting the problem back, after the formatting, I launched the game with a combo track / car that gave some error, and after that again stuttering and slow loading... So I think after that crashed, windows sent it to that black list.

How many people are suffering from this problem and they blame their hardware. Incredible MS

Thanks again man, I was so frustrated!!

Okay so I’ve had an issue where loads times were like 10 mins. My solution? Clicking the screen.
I have my nvidia card setup to run background apps slow (thanks msfs2020)
And I think that may of caused it. But anyhow once on the load screen I just click it and it loads fast.

• Deleted member 197115

Another thing that could cause long loading, not only in AC, is Corsair gaming keyboards, they may cause application getting stuck on USB devices enumeration. Try to reconnect keyboard if this happens.

And 30 seconds loading is "fast"? I don't think it ever takes more 10-15 here, may be because of SSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple days ago tried 20 laps leSarthe LeMans 22 grid and loading time was 5 min, next day 40 laps, loaded 10 min and game crashed after 2hrs.

* disabled smooth loading
* disabled fake shadows
* connected internet, CM detected long loading time error and made self-repair, edited FTH registry

After that game loaded reasonably fast for me, 50-60 sec from HDD, run nice and smoothly until 1h50m heavily stuttered and 2h10m crashed totally and couldn't create correct .dmb crash fail

Have to find out is it caused by BLM car, dkLapTimes, replay settings, modded cars/skins or those new LumiRank cars/skins

I've started having trouble with this as well. Everything was loading quickly but after a short break from the game I came back to 5+ minutes of CSP loading configs and patches before AC even launches. The game performs really well once it does load though.

All of the configs and patches are set to install automatically, but they're all listed as not being installed. I used the option to install all of the track configs and left CM doing it's thing for about 50 minutes (there were only 34 tracks) but they still weren't installed and on trying to load something CSP still spent minutes loading those same files.

If I try single-player challenges they load in seconds. If I try a practice session CSP spends minutes loading everything. Once everything is loaded and I've come out of the session, the exact same car, track and weather settings will still take minutes to load if I go again in that same session. This happens for online servers as well.

If I disable CSP everything loads at the same rate as they did before these issues started.

I've tried changing settings like smoother loading and fake shadows but neither had an effect. I've checked the FTH thing in the registry and AC wasn't listed.

I don't know what to do now.

Can anyone offer anything else I could try? I really don't want to uninstall things.

@Mr Squits
As in video above mentioned and my case CM acted, deleted from State menu line D:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe
and added to FTH registry exclusion menu lines:
acs.exe
acs_pro.exe

It works here.

Hi raulk.

I tried that. acs.exe was not in the FTH state file, but I added it to the exclusion file. Content Manager still takes a long time to load things.

UPDATE

So I've been trying to work this out again. While I was looking through settings and trying to get something to load as quick as it used to, there was an update for Content Manager.

I updated then went to the Patch section of the CSP settings. A few days ago I left CM downloading tracks configs for 34 tracks for 50 minutes, and not a single one was installed. It's already set to download automatically but wasn't installing anything. Considering the new update I tried to manually install everything again, and I got a different popup. This showed an overall progress bar with an item progress bar below, and it was installing things rapidly.

I went through Cars Configs, Cars Textures, Cars VAO and Tracks Configs, installing hundreds of items in about 3 minutes at my maximum download speed. When I got to Tracks VAO I had that same popup as a few days ago, where it looks like CM is looking for a file but can't find it or download it then moves onto the next. This happens with Backgrounds as well.

Now when I try to run an event I get the "loading data for Custom Shaders Patch" message again while it tries to loads backgrounds.

This makes me think there are connection issues somewhere.

UPDATE 2

New day, new attempt.

Everything I installed for Cars Configs, Cars Textures, Cars VAO and Tracks Configs was still installed, so I thought I'd try the other 2 sections.

Everything in Tracks VAO installed in less than a minute, but Backgrounds still won't install. I can open the files with a large delay both in CM and the GitHub source, they just won't install.

UPDATE 3

Tried again today. Everything was still installed and all of the backgrounds installed in a matter of seconds.

Events are loading as quickly as they were before, but CM is taking longer to initialise when first activated. It seems to be taking a while to load everything from those 6 sections at startup.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea