Suddenly EXTREMELY long time to load tracks...

Not sure whats going on, but suddenly theres a very slow loading of tracks... A lot of .kn5 files (and similar) I have not seen before! Loading Lemans 24H (Circ. de la Sarte) and other longer tracks (highlands long) takes ages to load. Was much quicker before.

Any suggestion what might have happened? =(

Now we already can be +- sure it's not a install problem.

Where is CM installed ? ... I don't think it really matters ... but what does run in background ?
Or just check first something in CM Settings CSP ... if the ExtraFX is active ? ... I already noticed it's a feature which may cause problems sometimes mostly with FPS but ... maybe also for load time ??

Try to unactivate it ... mine is not activated.

Just tested: Imola with 1 car: 20 seconds loading time at max. and no SSD in this case, juste a SSHD
( CPU 9700k - GPU RTX 2070 super Trio 8GB - Ram 16GB ...)

Not tested yet for Nord and 24 cars ... but the difference will surely be as great as it is for Imola.

Extra FX is not on.

CM is runned from C: Downloads.

We talked about this earlier I guess, but my version of the CM is: 0.8.1976.36095 (x86)

But thats not the latest? I got it from the devs page for it...

Where do you get the latest version? Might be a / the problem...

Just updating automatically by CM and the version is the same as yours
So ... seeing the updates notes ... it doesn't update automatically any longer.

No problems with that at my side ...

I suppose you're on Win10, you're the admin of your PC and you have all rights on AC folder
using also the 64bit version ? ... and your antivirus - firewall have the right properties for AC

My CM.exe is in D:/ used for all documents, most games and GTR2 modding files ... in a folder named "Programs" with many other ones mostly related to Simracing.

C:/ is only for Win10 and usual softwares as Gimp - Blender - Steam - Office - Norton etc ....
No documents at all ... except the appdata that have to remain in C:

Only this in the autostart, but I have som ethernet spikes coming and going... But thats probably not the problem.

Ok, I will move Content manager to D: instead. I dont think it will make a different though, but Ill try and see.

CM is running in 32 bit

Only using Windows built in security (what do i need to check?)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 74
Found this. So...there is a newer version of CM?

Also - could Ccleaner have messed with windows so things working worse than before? I used to use it for reg cleaning, but stopped after Ive heard it, well could mess up things. But I have totally unstalled and reinstalled both AC and CM after that. And yes, Ccleaner is uninstalled.

Could windows itself be messed up? How to know? Or do you still think its in the game?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 140
I don't know ... I'm just using Content Manager as launcher and for SOL and CSP ... that's all
I always worked with JSGME for years in all possible simracing games ... and know the game files tree perfectly.... all mods, tracks, graphic mods, skins, apps are installed, activated and unactivated with it.

I prefer being my own master, knowing what I do ... what is done ... where it goes etc ... I don't trust any automatic tool which does things I'm not aware of

New CM version or not ... we have the same CM and mine does no problems ... so the problem is only at your side.
NB: I don't use Geforce Experience, Xbox ... and never use any overlays in Discord, Steam or any other streaming software.

I might have found the problem!

I tried to incactivate the Spyder 5 app from Datacolor, and app that loads the .icm file (among other things) and is running in the background. I cannot be 100 percent sure of this, but the game felt more responsible after deleting it.

NORMAL loading times too, and no microstutter from what I can see either.

I cross my fingers... (and will get in contact with the devs of the Spyder software).

How long do you have this software ? ... if it's recent ... that was my first question at post 2 here:

Did you recently modify your install ... with new SOL or/and Custom Shaders Patch for example ? or something else ? ....

Finally you searched elsewhere on PC ... :D and AC seems to work correctly again now ?

How long do you have this software ? ... if it's recent ... that was my first question at post 2 here:

Did you recently modify your install ... with new SOL or/and Custom Shaders Patch for example ? or something else ? ....

Finally you searched elsewhere on PC ... :D and AC seems to work correctly again now ?
This is weird, but i have had that at running in the background before without issues. Therefore i never thought about it. Might be new version or something else. Made easy ccleaner did something i don't know.

I do hope this is the solution.

But also... the game felt OK after reinstalling it. So it seems like it gone worse after thath (Datacolor Spyder app installed all the time). So it still makes not sense really. Im not sure its the Datacolor app, It might just be a coincidence that its working now - at the same time I tried to deactivate that app.

Tried again now, and yes, som microlag again. I will try some more though...

Anyone else also finding that it take a while now to quit out of a race? I get a little spinning egg-timer for a few seconds when I quit back to CM menus now. I've only ever seen that before on huge tracks like LA Canyons, but it does it all the time now, even on small tracks.

i actually don't need that since i can apply the color profile for display in Windows directly. I just hope that was the problem.
Sorry, but if problem would appear again, could you please DM me?

Anyone else also finding that it take a while now to quit out of a race? I get a little spinning egg-timer for a few seconds when I quit back to CM menus now. I've only ever seen that before on huge tracks like LA Canyons, but it does it all the time now, even on small tracks.
Maybe replay quality is set to maximum now, and it just spends time saving it?

This might be the moste annoying and irritating thing that has happened to me regarding how a game is working.

IT NOW WORKS (again). Not sure which of the things I did, that was the solution:

1. Decreased recording time for replays
2. Turned off auto replay save (not sure how this or the above could affect the problem, but who knows)
3. Uninstalled AMD chipset Drivers
4. Used AMD Cleaning utility (in win fail saife mode)
5. Reinstalled the AMD chipset drivers
6. Choosed to run AMD Balanced instead of High performance (which Ive heard is not recommended if you have a OCd CPU, which I have - 3.8Ghz....but I dont care about that at the moment)

Ok. So - Tracks are loading fast again!
I still have got som microstutter here and there in the game (might need to lower graphic settings, feel free to give me suggestions). See attached screenshot, please.

Whats your thoughs on all this? Its so hard do clear out what was causing the problem. It still might be that the game is working fine NOW but suddenly will work worse again. Who knows? Next race? In a day? Next week? =P

@Jempy

video.jpg

Replay quality or time ... should surely create what @Mascot noticed ( as I also noticed it at the end of a league 1 hour race championship round ) a longer time to leave track and go to CM afterwards.
but ..... make the load time much longer I don't see any reason for it and never noticed it.

For the rest ... never had AMD ... so I can't say anything about that ... I'm Intel for years and Nvidia for the same time. ;)

The main thing that I softened in the graphic setting is the "Rendering Frequency" to 1 frame ... but also unactivated the "ExtraFX" feature in Custom Shaders Patch.

FPS is for me the most important thing compared to bling bling in game ... as I'm driving mostly online and just offline to prepare the base setup and learn car + track when I don't know them perfectly.

Replay quality or time ... should surely create what @Mascot noticed ( as I also noticed it at the end of a league 1 hour race championship round ) a longer time to leave track and go to CM afterwards.
but ..... make the load time much longer I don't see any reason for it and never noticed it.

For the rest ... never had AMD ... so I can't say anything about that ... I'm Intel for years and Nvidia for the same time. ;)

The main thing that I softened in the graphic setting is the "Rendering Frequency" to 1 frame ... but also unactivated the "ExtraFX" feature in Custom Shaders Patch.

FPS is for me the most important thing compared to bling bling in game ... as I'm driving mostly online and just offline to prepare the base setup and learn car + track when I don't know them perfectly.

Same here FPS over Visuals every day of the week!

ExtraFX is not activated. Im not sure about the rendering frequensy, Ill check that!

Wow...

I just saw that MAIN_T is giving the number 78-80 - it seems like the CPU is going much harder than it should. I have seen this in SOL 1.4 before (when switching SOL filter in game). But this time it seems like CPU is going haywire.... Cause MAIN_T gives a hint about the CPU right?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.