Suddenly EXTREMELY long time to load tracks...

Not sure whats going on, but suddenly theres a very slow loading of tracks... A lot of .kn5 files (and similar) I have not seen before! Loading Lemans 24H (Circ. de la Sarte) and other longer tracks (highlands long) takes ages to load. Was much quicker before.

Any suggestion what might have happened? =(

Did you recently modify your install ... with new SOL or/and Custom Shaders Patch for example ? or something else ? ....

Yes, I updated to SOL 1.5 and then also tried A3PP, which I later uninstalled. SOL 1.5 is still installed. (had 1.4 before)

Yes, also tried new CSP. Tried both latest recommended as well as newest. Same on both it seems.

Also, my CPU got around 100 procent (got a warning in game), and with another occation everyting freezed mid-game. Neither of that have happened before.

To begin with .... check if you have the latest Track configs ( easy with CM ) and that there are well in the "Loaded" folder
and retest.

If it doesn't work perfectly afterwards ....

If I were you ... I'd uninstall all you installed recently ... SOL 1.5, check if A3PP is fully uninstalled ... change in CM the new CSP version chosen and click on the one you had just before ....
Then check the game without SOL ...
If everything's running fine ... reinstall Sol 1.5 following Peter Boese's tutorial .... and for CSP ... choose the version Peter advised.

With all your installs and uninstalls ... there might be something wrong in the install finally.

Yes, I updated to SOL 1.5 and then also tried A3PP, which I later uninstalled. SOL 1.5 is still installed. (had 1.4 before)

Yes, also tried new CSP. Tried both latest recommended as well as newest. Same on both it seems.
To begin with .... check if you have the latest Track configs ( easy with CM ) and that there are well in the "Loaded" folder
and retest.

If it doesn't work perfectly afterwards ....

If I were you ... I'd uninstall all you installed recently ... SOL 1.5, check if A3PP is fully uninstalled ... change in CM the new CSP version chosen and click on the one you had just before ....
Then check the game without SOL ...
If everything's running fine ... reinstall Sol 1.5 following Peter Boese's tutorial .... and for CSP ... choose the version Peter advised.

With all your installs and uninstalls ... there might be something wrong in the install finally.

Hello again, and thank you for trying to help me out! =)

The a3pp was uninstalled by deleten the mod in CM(how to check if its totally uninstalled?)
Not sure which CSP version this started with really. I have also updated the Nvidia driver (and tried older one with no luck, maybe wrong combo with old CSP - har to know where the problem is really). This might have started with SOL 1.5 - Im not sure, but I followed the steps exactly the way I did with 1.4. (overwriting and checking if settings are correct).

How do i TOTALLY uninstall the Content Manager (leaving no traces of it), and the TOTALLY uninstall Assetto Corsa? Could I be sure that Steam delets everything? I think I will have to start from scratch again.

Any other suggestions?

1 ) First of all .... try with the AC original launcher ... so you know if it might not only be a Content Manager problem for some unknown reason.

2)
A)
If it's working fine or much better, uninstall ( or rather delete ) CM surely the 1st thing to do in this case

If I don't forget anything... for CM ( except the exe itself ) most or all its files are in Users/YOU/Appdata/Local ... under the name AcTools Content Manager.

B) If it's not working better with the original launcher.... check files integrity of AC in Steam as the problem might be an original file missing or corrupted

3) Still not working afterwards with pure AC Uninstalling Assetto Corsa in Steam ... should delete all original files but maybe leave some addon files ( full or not ) .... which you should have to delete manually.

This last step should be a very radical solution to try first !! :(

Are you sure nothing else changed on your PC: a recent new Win10 update ? ... a recent GPU driver installed ? ... another problem in other tasks with PC ? .... maybe a problem with MSI Afterburner or similar ?

Try first to be sure it's not a problem somewhere else than AC or CM itself ....

1 ) First of all .... try with the AC original launcher ... so you know if it might not only be a Content Manager problem for some unknown reason.

2)
A)
If it's working fine or much better, uninstall ( or rather delete ) CM surely the 1st thing to do in this case

If I don't forget anything... for CM ( except the exe itself ) most or all its files are in Users/YOU/Appdata/Local ... under the name AcTools Content Manager.

B) If it's not working better with the original launcher.... check files integrity of AC in Steam as the problem might be an original file missing or corrupted

3) Still not working afterwards with pure AC Uninstalling Assetto Corsa in Steam ... should delete all original files but maybe leave some addon files ( full or not ) .... which you should have to delete manually.

This last step should be a very radical solution to try first !! :(

Are you sure nothing else changed on your PC: a recent new Win10 update ? ... a recent GPU driver installed ? ... another problem in other tasks with PC ? .... maybe a problem with MSI Afterburner or similar ?

Try first to be sure it's not a problem somewhere else than AC or CM itself ....

After being more than frustraded over all the problems Ive hade the last day, I went for the total uninstallation. Ive been trying so may solutions the last day - with no progression.

Ive got my Steamgames on the D: SSD. Does it matter where the Content Manager is running from? I guess its not a problem, but I used to run it from my Download folder on C.

CM may be run anywhere .... as it needs no special folder or file to install except in the appdata and documents for some usual AC files.
In my case .... Steam itself is on C: (SSD M2 ) ... some games ( as AC ) are on D: (SSHD ) and some on E: (SSD ) and Content Manager in D:

So it's really no problem ( even though I read once that it's better not to install it in Assetto Corsa root folder !??? ) to install it anywhere.

It worked before for you ... isn't it the proof it may run anywhere ? ;)

For a number of weeks in the past, even though all cars and tracks are compressed (longer load times) through CM, load times for tracks started taking longer as well. There wasn't an update to CM for exactly one year and I saw those times increase too. Who knows. HD is half full, de-fragmented yadda yadda.

Strange as I have the last version and no loading problem at all.

When I had this kind of problem at the time ... the origin was in the Tracks configs ... when installing those configs manually and not in the "Loaded" folder.

Load time for a track config not in this folder yet ... takes a very huge time at the 1st launch.

Sorry... I got the latest .36126

Only checked the files version nr. My fault.

Anyway - the rendering of mountains, trees etc seems much smoother now. Its like these objects are blended (or rendered) in a totally different way then before it got fixed). Then shadows, texures etc popped out. Now its fluid.

I think I have to install SOL though, missing what it was doing with the game. But Im worried I will get same problems again. :(

How much can I boost the different video settings? Post Process (filter) settings? High? Max?

Last edited:
Be sure to install Sol manually and reading carefully the install pdf....
Take your time to do it .... and 1st of all have a careful look at how the .zip file is built.

I suspect from the very beginning that your problem was due to a Sol faulty install.

I got a cpl of hours enjoying the game again. Addes some well known car mods. Added SOL 1.5.
Tracks are suddenly starting to load slow again. Those kn5 files takes ages to load, and thats before the cars even have started loading. =(

Im acutally about to give up on this great game. What is going on?

Could it be the SSD? Its a 1tb Crucial MX500, which takes longer to trim (just to give you a hint) than the main SSD, A Samsung 850 SSD. Not much, but its not trimming as smooth either; the procentage moves kind of in steps? Normal? But if thats the case, why did it work in first hand?

Please make a screenshot of the files and subfolders of this folder:
...\Steamapps\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\

If your problem happens only after install of CSP and SOL ... and only with tracks ... you have a problem somewhere in your install and there are 90% chances that it's located there.
Else that's in the CM settings for CSP

If you have no other problems in the other softwares of your PC ... I'm nearly sure that the problem is not the SSD(s)

You always speak about your drives ... what's the rest of your config ?

EDIT:
Another question: how many cars and tracks do you have in game ?

Last edited:
Please make a screenshot of the files and subfolders of this folder:
...\Steamapps\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\

If your problem happens only after install of CSP and SOL ... and only with tracks ... you have a problem somewhere in your install and there are 90% chances that it's located there.
Else that's in the CM settings for CSP

If you have no other problems in the other softwares of your PC ... I'm nearly sure that the problem is not the SSD(s)

You always speak about your drives ... what's the rest of your config ?

EDIT:
Another question: how many cars and tracks do you have in game ?

I had to split the last screenshot into two.

Ryzen 5 1600 running at 3.8Ghz (tried bot h stock and OC'd)
Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC (tried both stock and OC'd)
2 x 8 Gb 3000mhz
2 X SSD : Samsung EVO 850 512Gb (system) + Crucial MX500 1Tb (games, pictures etc)
I have tried to move AC from D: to C: via steam, but no difference.

The problem is that the microstutter and long loadingtimes seem to "be there" after it first apperars, even if I (which I had tried) deleted Mods etc.

Now Im back with Sol 1.5, some cars (no mod tracks) - and there is a lag and there is a very long loadingtime even for one car one a small track.

I also tried the compression function with no luck. No difference.

The SSD seem to work fine with other games and apps. Neither do I think its the cause of the problem.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3-1.jpg
3-2.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 3-1.jpg