VR - Low frame rate after quitting race and restarting

This is a very odd issue, here is what happens. It is happening to 2 other people I know on intel processors (8700k and my 9900k)

On a fresh re boot I hold 90 FPS with 24 cars on track no problem
If I start a second race or 3rd, or 4th....I experience all sorts of AWFUL frame drops, i start at 65 FPS at race start and have drops throughout the race. A restart of my PC, and its fine again.

I have tried to trouble shoot as follows with 0 change:
rolled back windows update
rolled back nvidia drivers
un installed CSP and SOL
Steam integrity check

No luck with any of this. Given there are 3 of us with this issue all in VR, and 1 VR user on AMD who does not have this issue I think it *might* be intel related. does anyone here have this issue? Any ideas. It is very odd to say the least.

It is also worth noting that it takes longer to load the race as well after quitting the 1st race and starting a second, or 3rd or 4th...

The issue is entirely controllable by restarting, but I don't want to restart my PC for every race I do in single player...

Last edited:
so far so good with this fix, I realized I did not really provide enough time to test the fix / see if other issues occur. if anyone here has done this can you please share your results or any issues? I have made the video private for the time being until I get more testing under my belt and feedback from the community.

Last edited:
Works fine on my end. Long time loading is gone.
Checked Microsoft "Fault Tolerant Heap" behaviour and I think that adding acs.exe to exclusion list is totally safe.

edit : this fixed also a micro freeze that happened at each session, just after starting to drive the car on track (on single screen)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years