Suddenly EXTREMELY long time to load tracks...

Not sure whats going on, but suddenly theres a very slow loading of tracks... A lot of .kn5 files (and similar) I have not seen before! Loading Lemans 24H (Circ. de la Sarte) and other longer tracks (highlands long) takes ages to load. Was much quicker before.

Any suggestion what might have happened? =(

It seems like Steam bootstrap took a LOT of resources from the CPU (might have gone totally bazooka when in game - who knows?) I uninstalled Steam, and reinstalled. Same problem. Also deleted the game from steam and all folders according to AC and CM. I finally got it to work as I wanted - in AC. Have not tried with SM or mods yet (do I dare?). Not in the mood to go thrue all this again, really...

Then I read some guides what to change in Stream (links below), which I did.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/558750717289727545/?l=dutch

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-steam-client-bootstrapper-high-cpu-problem-on-windows/

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1651043320656601686/?ctp=3

This was a very, very, very long day....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 96
Been getting long loading times too, seems to hang on loading kn5's, mostly when using track or car for first time. Currently stuck trying to load Maple Valley Reverse layout for first time.

Exiting session seems to take much longer as well.

Things are updated so much everyday (CM, CSP, content) I'm not sure where to begin to diagnose.

For me it seemed like Steam what's the problem. CPU showing high or very high usage even at Idle. At the moment everything works fine but I am actually careful to install mods. AC don't look any good as it is but i guess i have to think twice installing like sol or similar mods. I don't want to go through all this again. Sometimes i feel a assetto Corsa is more like taking care of different settings than racing. This have happened to me twice now. If lt happens a third time i might move on. I have always to follow the instructions from the developers of the mods, just want to inform about that.

I do hope you get your games working again!

Been getting long loading times too, seems to hang on loading kn5's, mostly when using track or car for first time. Currently stuck trying to load Maple Valley Reverse layout for first time.

Exiting session seems to take much longer as well.

Things are updated so much everyday (CM, CSP, content) I'm not sure where to begin to diagnose.

Looks like my Maple Valley install is messed up, it's crashing on me now for some reason. Possibly borked when CM updated? Not sure. It was working fine the other day.

Other than that, it just takes a while to load the kn5's on new content the first time I use it, then afterwards it loads normally.

Do you have track config auto-update turned on in CSP? That connects to the internet to download new kn5s for the track when you click to launch a track you haven't used before. The configs are user-contributed so really no standard for how much they should modify.

Do you have track config auto-update turned on in CSP? That connects to the internet to download new kn5s for the track when you click to launch a track you haven't used before. The configs are user-contributed so really no standard for how much they should modify.

I don't personally, I update them manually.

It seems to be a little slow loading .kn5's when loading new content, I think. After yhe first time, it seems to load normally. Sometimes it does take a while to exit though.

BTW I figured out what happened to Maple Valley, forgot that I had enabled the "merge meshes" optimization. Turned it off, seems to be all good now.

I'm still on 1909, I see the update waiting for me to 2004 but I'm holding off. Turned out AC was having issues with my SSD (despite it performing perfectly in tests), putting it onto my HDD returned everything to usual.

Dang, I never gave my ssd a thought because all the tests I was running said it was good to go. I really hope that it's not failing

Dang, I never gave my ssd a thought because all the tests I was running said it was good to go. I really hope that it's not failing

Mine appears to be fine, and everything runs perfectly on it except AC, which used to run fine as well. Putting AC on my HDD returned everything to normal again. I've since updated my SSD firmware and tried putting it back on that drive but same issue. So for now it remains on my HDD until I can resolve the issue or get around to fitting my new SSD for AC.

I have the same issue.. long loading screens, and then some stutter.

When I load the game (Content Manager - GO!) for the first time, it loads in a matter of seconds... The circuit KN5, and cars, no delay at all. Not any stuttering, and CPU (i7 6700K OC 4.7) has a load of 37%-40%---
But then, if I exit the game and just then I load it again, with the same track, car, weather, etc, the loading screen starts to lag, and loading track and cars is much much slower... Then inside the game, the CPU % goes to 47-52, and the game gives me some stuttering...

Please if you have the same problem, try to run the game from a restart, and then exit and try it again. Let me know if it´s having the same problem!! Thanks

Thanks for the answer mate!!

Finally after uninstalling, reinstalling SOL, CSP, etc.. I checked the "Force UAV flag, adv-" from General Patch Settings in Custom Shaders Patch and the game loaded like when I boot it for first time. Then I uncheck that option and since then loading is fast, no more lag or slow loading screen and less stutter while playing... Hope it helps anybody else

The problem is back... I formatted the PC, install everything again and installed 1 by 1 cars and tracks... a couple of days working perfect... and then suddenly, again... slow loading and a lot of stuttering in game.... Both things go in hand... when loading times are quick, I have perfect smooth image (frametime 16.6 without even a hiccup)... but when this start no way to revert it back... so annoying

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.